Chilled Creamy Watermelon Soup is the perfect recipe to cool you down on a hot summer day! It’s so beautiful to look at and easy to make too. If you top this soup with whipped cream and a sprig of mint, it makes it even more delicious!
My sister made this easy cold soup for our weekly Sunday family dinner. We like experimenting with new recipes and trying them on our family and friends.
I usually tinker with a recipe, but this one was perfect, as written! She found the cold watermelon soup recipe on the Echo Lake Inn website. It’s a hotel located in Maine.
Doesn’t the combination of watermelon, strawberries, orange juice, lime juice, mint, and cream sound divine? These key ingredients taste fantastic when mixed into a cold soup recipe.
If you’re hosting a tea party, chilled soup is a fun addition to the menu. You can serve the soup in teacups, small Mason jars, or shallow soup bowls. Top the soup with whipped cream, raspberry, and mint leaves for an elegant touch.
This is the perfect recipe to add the sweetness of watermelon to your menu as a summer soup. It’s a delicious way to cool down on a hot day.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for this Chilled Creamy Fruit Soup, I’m guess you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life, with over 87,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s the Chilled Creamy Watermelon Soup Recipe
6 cups chopped seedless watermelon
1 pint strawberries
1 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint
1 tablespoon honey
4 ounces heavy cream
Sea salt to taste
White Pepper to taste
Handful of fresh mint
How to Make Watermelon Soup
Place the watermelon, strawberries, mint, honey, orange juice, and lime juice in a blender and mix until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix in the heavy cream and adjust seasonings to taste.
Serve this easy recipe chilled with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream. Top with fresh herbs like mint, green onion, or fresh basil.
Printable Version Chilled Sweet Watermelon Soup
- 6 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 pint stemmed strawberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- Sea Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Place the watermelon, strawberries, orange juice, lime juice, mint, and honey into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the heavy cream and blend well.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 134Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 17mgSodium 80mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 16gProtein 2g
Tips for Making Cold Watermelon Soup
- You can use a food processor instead of a blender in this recipe.
- Serve this refreshing soup with a light salad to make this a meal, or use it as a first course.
- A wonderful way to make this soup spicy, add a deseeded jalapeno pepper to the blender for a fun twist.
- You could substitute other fruit like a honeydew melon for juicy watermelon.
- I like to whip up this perfect soup recipe for an afternoon snack.
- Substitute coconut milk for the heavy cream to turn this into one of your favorite healthy recipes. It’s the perfect way to enjoy hot summer evenings guilt-free.
- Small watermelon slices could be added to the rim of soup bowls as a garnish.
How long does Cold Watermelon Soup last in the refrigerator?
Creamy Watermelon soup will last 1 to 2 days in the fridge when properly stored in an airtight container.
Can you freeze this chilled soup recipe?
When you add dairy to a recipe, the texture isn’t the same after you thaw the recipe. Dairy takes on a grainy texture. Chilled watermelon soup doesn’t freeze well.
How to Pick the Perfect Ripe Watermelon
We’ve reached the end of Chilled Watermelon Soup. I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and what you thought.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
I created a pin below to add to your Pinterest board so the next time you crave the sweetness of the watermelon, you can refer back to this recipe.
Thanks for dropping by. I’m so happy you found us.