Beefy Low Carb Cabbage Soup will be your new go-to recipe for an easy healthy dinner recipe idea. Finding something fast and healthy to make for dinner that your entire family will love can sometimes be hard. This recipe fits the bill.
If you’re looking for more soup recipes, How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup and To-Die-For Hungarian Mushroom Soup are both amazing recipes to try.
Cabbage is something we could all use more of in our diets. Making a delicious soup is an easy step to ensure you get enough.
Why should you eat cabbage? It’s full of Vitamin K, Vitamin C and vitamin B6. You can read more about how important Vitamin C is to your health here.
When most people think of cabbage soup, they think “diet food” – you’ll change your mind about that after trying this recipe. Diet or not, your taste buds will love it!
This cabbage soup recipe is made with hamburger, which makes it a hearty meal.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for low carb cabbage soup, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 56,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
What should you serve with Beefy Low Carb Cabbage Soup?
A side salad.
Soup and salad are the perfect combination on a cozy evening at home.
Why soup is so good for you
1) Nutrient dense meal.
When you normally cook vegetables in water, the water is thrown away – tossing a lot of the nutrients with them.
When you make soup, all the vitamins and minerals stay in the broth and make their way into your very happy stomach.
2) Hydrates you.
Most soups have a high water content, and we could all use more water – don’t you think?
The water content creates a filling meal, helping to ensure you don’t crave additional unwanted calories.
3) Sneak in vegetables.
For those members of your family that aren’t big fans of vegetables, soup is an easy way to make sure they get more in their diets.
4) Comforting meal.
On a cold, winter night nothing beats a bowl of soup to warm you up and bring a bit of coziness to the evening.
The same can be said about cold soups for summer. I love making cold soups on a hot summer day to avoid the heat of cooking and cool me down.
5) Easy Peasy.
Soups are one of the easiest meals to make. Whether you use a slow cooker or stovetop – most soups are just chopping a few ingredients and letting time meld the flavors together.
6) Inexpensive meal.
Most soups are an inexpensive option for creating a delicious meal. Depending what type soup you make, using chicken stock you make yourself and being composed of primarily vegetables, soups can be good on the wallet.
Ingredients for Beefy Low Carb Cabbage Soup
1 chopped medium head cabbage
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 teaspoon minced garlic
8 cups water
3 tablespoons Better than Bouillon beef base or 6 beef bouillon cubes
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
2 (15 ounce) cans organic tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
How to Make Beefy Low Carb Cabbage Soup
1) Cook the cabbage, celery, onion, zucchini, garlic in the water in a large stockpot until vegetables are tender.
2) Add Better than Bouillon, pepper, tomato sauce, and beef. Bring mixture to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
3) Stir in Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and simmer for another 10 minutes so all the flavors blend together.
Printable Version Beefy Low Carb Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 chopped medium head cabbage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Better than Bouillon beef base or 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Cook the cabbage, celery, onion, zucchini, garlic in the water in a large stockpot until vegetables are tender. (About 20 minutes, depending how small you cut the vegetables.)
- Add Better than Bouillon, pepper, tomato sauce, and beef. Bring mixture to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and simmer for another 10 minutes so all the flavors blend together.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 644mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 11g
Tips for making this Cabbage Soup Recipe:
You can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the beef.
Other vegetables can be added like dice potatoes, carrots, green beans, bell peppers, broccoli, or cauliflower.
For spiciness, add some chili oil, hot sauce, cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
You can add pesto to the broth for a different flavor.
How Long Does Cabbage Soup Last?
In the refrigerator, cabbage soup will last 3-4 days when stored in a tightly sealed container. In the freezer, the soup will last 2-3 months.
What you’ll need to make Beefy Low Carb Cabbage Soup:
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it. Did you add your own twist? I would love to hear about it.
Other Amazing Soup Recipes
Here are some other Low-Carb Cookbooks to take a look at:
Let me know in the comments below if you tried this amazing beefy low carb cabbage soup recipe and how you liked it.
Below you will find a pin to add to your Pinterest board so you never lose this recipe.
Thanks for stopping by!
Related Soup Posts:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth
- Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Authentic New England Clam Chowder
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Famous Chef’s Restaurant Tomato Soup Recipe
- Smoked Salmon Chowder
- Best Soups with Easy Recipes (all my recipes in one place!)
- Spicy Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
- Caramelized Cream of Onion Soup