Low-Carb Cabbage Soup will be your new go-to recipe for an easy healthy dinner recipe idea. Finding something fast and healthy to make for dinner that your entire family will love can sometimes be hard. This recipe fits the bill.
“I’d say I’m a good cook. I have a lot of German recipes that I can make – schnitzel, meatballs and things with cabbage. I love cabbage.” – Heidi Klum
Cabbage is something we could all use more of in our diets. Making a delicious soup is an easy step to ensure you get enough.
Why should you eat cabbage? It’s full of Vitamin K, Vitamin C and vitamin B6. You can read more about how important Vitamin C is to your health here.
When most people think of cabbage soup, they think “diet food” – you’ll change your mind about that after trying this recipe. Diet or not, your taste buds will love it!
Here’s the Low-Fat Cabbage Soup Recipe:
Scrump Cabbage Soup
- 1 chopped medium head cabbage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Better than Bouillon beef base or 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Cook the cabbage, celery, onion, zucchini, garlic in the water in a large stockpot until vegetables are tender.
- Add Better than Bouillon, pepper, tomato sauce, and beef. Bring mixture to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and simmer for another 10 minutes so all the flavors blend together.
Tips for making this soup:
You can substitute ground turkey for ground beef.
Other vegetables can be added like dice potatoes, carrots,
For spiciness, add some chili oil or cayenne pepper.
You can add pesto to the broth for a different flavor.
What you’ll need to make Low-Fat Cabbage Soup:
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it. Did you add your own twist? I would love to hear about it.
Below you will find a pin to add to your Pinterest board so you never lose this recipe.
Thanks for stopping by!