Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth Recipe will help you make the most nutritious soups for your family and friends. It’s simple to make and much better for you than the store-bought cartons.
“Soup is a lot like a family. Each ingredient enhances the others; each batch has its own characteristics; and it needs time to simmer to reach full flavor.”Marge Kennedy
Slow cooker chicken bone broth is so simple and inexpensive to make, you will no longer buy those store-bought broths.
Making soup stock is my favorite way to save a little extra money. Once you get in the habit of keeping leftover vegetable scraps, making homemade bone broth with chicken is a breeze.
The depth of flavor homemade broth gives any recipe is well worth the time invested. I love making bone broth all year long. Maybe it’s because I love soup so much.
I think soup is a crucial component of living a cozy life. Making something warm and delicious, like chicken soup on a cold fall or winter day, makes me so happy.
Soup is good for you and gives you that made-from-scratch flavor that is easy to make and tastes amazing. Homemade chicken broth is the key to taking your soup recipes to a whole new level.
In this slow cooker chicken bone broth recipe, you’ll see an option for salt or liquid aminos. I use Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or coconut aminos in all my soup recipes instead of salt.
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos tastes very similar to soy sauce. You know all the health benefits of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar…the liquid aminos are made by the same company. It’s naturally gluten-free and vegan.
Liquid Aminos provide amino acids that your body needs for building blocks of protein. It has no chemical preservatives and has a milder taste than soy sauce. You can find some here on Amazon.
Members of our cozy living group love to show us their homemade soups. Soup is a great way to show our family we care for them.
Is Chicken Bone Broth in the Slow Cooker good for you?
According to Medical News Today, there are many health benefits of homemade bone broth and it might also help you lose weight. Chicken carcasses are loaded with nutrients and vitamins. The benefits of chicken bone broth may also help with inflammation, protect the joints, improve your gut health, and help your immune system.
Why you should make homemade soup recipes?
1) You know exactly what goes into every bowl when you make your own soup.
2) There’s something magical about a big pot of soup simmering on the stove on a cold winter day.
3) Making homemade soup is economical. If you have vegetables about to go bad in the refrigerator, all you have to do is cut them up and make a pot of vegetable soup.
4) Sometimes it’s difficult to get all the vegetables you need in your diet. By eating soup, getting your required servings of vegetables is easy.
5) It tastes amazing. The simmering of the vegetables and meat in soups allows for the flavors to come out. A bowl of soup with a side salad makes a filling meal that tastes great and fills you up simultaneously. The slow cooker chicken bone broth recipe will help you create your base.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 89,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
How long should you cook chicken bone broth in a slow cooker?
You can cook it on low for 9-12 hours for best results.
How to Make Chicken Bone Broth in a Slow Cooker
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth
2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces (backs and wings)
3 celery stalks with leaves cut up in large pieces
3 medium unpeeled carrots, cut up in large pieces
1 large unpeeled onion, cut up in large pieces
small bunch fresh parsley
4 unpeeled garlic cloves, halved
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon sea salt or liquid aminos
1 teaspoon dried thyme or sage
1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
8 cups filtered water
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth
1) Cut chicken wings at joints into three pieces.
2) Place chicken carcass, vegetable scraps, and the rest of the ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 9-12 hours.
3) Strain your homemade broth into a large bowl with a fine mesh strainer.
4) Throw away the vegetables, chicken bones, and seasonings. Let the homemade chicken stock cool.
5) Place the slow cooker bone broth in the refrigerator overnight and skim off fat that has become hard on top of the broth in the morning. You can store the homemade chicken stock in Mason jars or the freezer.
Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth Printable Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth recipe will help you make the most nutritious soups for your friends and family. It's simple to make and tastes way better than store-bought broth.
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces (backs and wings)
- 3 stalks cut up celery with leaves
- 3 medium unpeeled carrots, cut up in large pieces
- 1 large unpeeled onion, cut up in large pieces
- small bunch fresh parsley
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or sage
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups filtered water
- Cut chicken wings at joints into three pieces.
- Place chicken and the rest ofthe ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 9-12 hours.
- Strain broth into a large bowl with a fine mesh strainer.
- Throw away any vegetables, bones and seasonings.
- Place broth in the refrigerator overnight and skim off the fat that has become hard on top of the broth in the morning.
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 132mgSodium 372mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 30g
Tips for making this recipe for chicken bone broth in a slow cooker
1) If you’re watching your salt intake, you can use Bragg’s Liquid Aminos instead. Bragg’s is the same company that makes apple cider vinegar with the mother, so you know you’re in good hands. You can find it here.
2) You want to be moderate on the seasoning in this slow cooker chicken bone broth because when you make your soup or other recipes, mixing the additional ingredients can make the flavor overpowering.
3) Inexpensive meat cuts have the same nutritional value as expensive cuts, so there is no reason to spend more money.
4) Avoid adding turnips and cabbage to slow cooker chicken bone broth because they can overwhelm the flavor of the stock.
5) Potatoes can make the broth cloudy because of all the starch, so avoid using them.
6) Crack the chicken bones every inch or so before starting to cook for a richer soup stock.
7) Adding the apple cider vinegar will help draw out the minerals and nutrients from the bones in this slow cooker chicken bone broth.
9) You can save your leftover chicken bones and veggie scraps in the freezer until the next time you want to make your bone broth.
10) Turkey bones can be substituted for chicken bones in this slow cooker recipe.
11) Save the leftover bones in the freezer the next time you buy a rotisserie chicken to make this crockpot bone broth.
How long does Chicken Bone Broth in the Slow Cooker last in the refrigerator?
This recipe for chicken bone broth in slow cooker will last 3 to 4 days if stored correctly in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
How long does this Best Chicken Bone Broth Recipe Slow Cooker last in the freezer?
The chicken broth will last up to six months in the freezer if it’s properly stored in an airtight container.
You can also freeze crock pot chicken bone broth in ice cube trays and once they are frozen, add to freezer bags when you only need a little slow cooker chicken bone broth.
If you stock your freezer with your own chicken broth, a healthy dinner is just minutes away.
This focaccia bread is the perfect recipe for the next time you make homemade soup.
We’ve reached the end of Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.
If you tried this How to Make Bone Broth in Crock Pot Recipe, let me know in the comments below how you liked it.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
I created a pin for this how to make bone broth in slow cooker recipe below for you to put on your soup Pinterest board.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so happy you found us.
More Amazing Soup Recipes to Try
- Spicy Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
- Smoked Salmon Chowder
- Low-Carb Cabbage Soup
- To-Die-For Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Caramelized Cream of Onion Soup
- The Best Creamy Tomato Soup
- Best Soup Toppings – Garnishes for Hot and Cold Soups
- Slow Cooker Turkey Broth
Another Slow Cooker Chicken recipe from my friend Shelby at Fit as a Mama Bear is Creamy Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
For More Information on the Benefits of Bone Broth