The BEST Avocado Salad Recipe paired with homemade red wine vinaigrette is pure heaven in a bowl. This salad showcases the natural goodness of fresh ingredients, with creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, and crisp cucumbers taking center stage. Top this salad off with fresh dill and a light dressing for the perfect dish.
This simple salad makes the perfect side dish, a light lunch, a main dish, or healthy snack. Cucumber tomato avocado salad is a delicious and nutritious option that embodies the essence of summer’s bounty.
My sister’s neighbor makes this delicious salad; our entire family can’t get enough. My niece calls it “Payton’s famous salad,” even though we all know who she copied it from. It tastes fabulous and is good for you on top of it, making this recipe a true winner.
Basic Ingredients in this Simple Avocado Salad Recipe
With their creamy texture, and mild, buttery flavor, avocados have become a staple ingredient in various cuisines worldwide. Packed with essential nutrients, avocados are rich in monounsaturated healthy fats, which can contribute to heart health and help absorb fat-soluble vitamins. They are also a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins C, E, K, and B6, and minerals like potassium and folate.
Avocados are known for their potential health benefits, such as supporting weight management, promoting skin health, and aiding digestion. Good eating includes delicious avocado recipes. This recipe is the perfect one to achieve this goal.
To speed up the ripening process of a Hass avocado, put it in a brown paper bag with a banana and close the opening. You will have a ripe avocado in a day or two.
Tomatoes with their juicy texture, tangy flavor, and vibrant red color, bring a burst of freshness to any dish. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, providing a powerful antioxidant boost to support the immune system and promote overall health. Tomatoes also contain lycopene, a carotenoid pigment that gives them the red hue and is associated with numerous health benefits.
Cucumbers are a crisp, refreshing vegetable that is widely loved for their cool and hydrating qualities. With their mild and slightly sweet flavor, crunchy cucumbers make a delightful addition to a variety of dishes.
They are a good source of vitamins K and C, as well as minerals like potassium and magnesium, which contribute to overall health and wellbeing.
How to Make Avocado Salad Recipe with Red Wine Vinaigrette:
Ingredients for Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
1 English cucumber
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 avocados, peeled and diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Avocado Salad Recipe
Mix the diced crisp cucumber, ripe avocados, sweet onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
In a jar with a lid, mix avocado salad dressing together. Add the red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and garlic and shake.
Drizzle dressing over salad until coated and toss.
Sprinkle the fresh dill over the salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in a large salad bowl.
Printable Recipe Card for Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad with Nutrition Facts
Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad paired with a red wine vinaigrette is heaven in a bowl. This salad showcases the natural goodness of fresh ingredients, wth creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, and crisp cucumbers taking center stage.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the diced cucumber, avocados, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a jar with a lid, shake together the red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and garlic.
- Drizzle red wine vinaigrette over the salad until coated and toss.
- Sprinkle the fresh dill over the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving Calories 138Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 128mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 2g
Tips for Making Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- You can substitute fresh dill with basil, fresh cilantro, spring onions, fresh parsley, or other fresh herbs if you prefer. To make the best salad with avocado, always add herbs.
- A regular cucumber and be used in place of the English cucumber. Make sure to remove the seeds. You can also use Persian cucumbers.
- Cherry tomatoes or diced Roma tomatoes can replace grape tomatoes in the recipe.
- Liquid stevia or sugar can be substituted for honey.
- It is best to let the flavors blend together in this easy salad for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Red onion or green onion can be used in place of the sweet onion.
- You can add feta cheese for more flavor.
- Serve this salad with lemon or lime wedges for a splash of fresh lime juice or lemon juice.
- You can also eat this avocado salad recipe with tortilla chips to scoop up every bite!
- Apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar can be used in place of red wine vinegar.
- You can add fresh garlic or garlic powder if you like.
- Serve this recipe with crusty bread on the side. You could also add extra avocado salad on top of toasted bread for a new spin on avocado toast.
- You can garnish this simple salad recipe with avocado slices and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Other fresh veggies like diced red bell pepper, or corn would make nice additions to this salad. For protein, how about adding some black beans?
How long will this summer salad last in the fridge?
This delicious avocado salad will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. Ensure you add an acid like citrus juice to the diced avocado before storing it, otherwise, they will turn brown.
Selecting and Ripening Avocados
We’ve reached the end of Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know if you prepared this avocado salad recipe in the comments below and what you thought. It makes a delicious healthy lunch. This dish is also great to bring to a potluck. Enjoy!
I created a pin for the avocado salad recipe below for you to add to your salad Pinterest board to refer back to it. This is one of the easiest recipes with fresh flavor for your meal rotation.
Fit As A Mama Bear has a Tuna Stuffed Avocados recipe you can find here.