How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup is the perfect hearty and comforting soup the entire family will love. When this soup is bubbling on the stove, it will make the whole house smell amazing.
If you stumbled across this recipe by chance and have never tasted stuffed pepper soup, you’re one lucky person.
This is one of the best soups you will ever have. It’s that good. Your friends and family will be begging you for the recipe.
It’s the perfect soup for lunch or dinner. The recipe makes a lot of soup that you’ll want for leftovers. Believe it or not, this recipe is even better the next day.
The only problem with this great soup recipe is that you may never make a traditional stuffed pepper recipe again. Making the soup is way easier and just as tasty without the extra work.
Here’s How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
Ingredients for Stuffed Green Bell Pepper Soup
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, pressed
6 cups water
1 large can tomato sauce (28 ounces)
1 large can diced tomatoes, undrained (28 ounces)
2 cups chopped green bell peppers
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons salt
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups cooked long grain rice
Chopped parsley for garnish
Directions for Making Stuffed Pepper Soup
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, cook the ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Break the meat in crumbles as you cook. Drain grease from the brown ground beef when done.
- Stir in the following 9 ingredients in the soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, uncovered for about 30 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Add cooked rice to the Dutch oven and cook for 10 minutes longer. Be sure to stir occasionally, so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh parsley.
Printable Version Recipe Card Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup is the perfect hearty and comforting soup the entire family will love. When this soup recipe is bubbling on the stove, the whole house will smell amazing.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 6 cups water
- 1 large can tomato sauce (28 ounces)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, undrained (28 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a Dutch oven (or heavy pot), cook the ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink. Break the meat into crumbles as you cook. Then drain the ground beef when done.
- Stir in the following 9 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, uncovered for about 30 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Add cooked rice to the Dutch oven and simmer for 10 minutes more. Be sure to stir occasionally, so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve the soup hot and garnish with chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving Calories 408Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 101mgSodium 879mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 33g
Tips for Making Stuffed Pepper Soup
- You can substitute orange peppers, yellow peppers, or red bell peppers for green peppers. You will yield a milder-tasting soup with sweet bell peppers.
- Ground turkey or ground chicken can be used instead of ground beef.
- For added flavor, substitute diced tomatoes with green chilies for plain diced tomatoes.
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped celery while the meat cooks for more flavor.
- Top the stuffed pepper soup with your favorite shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream for a beautiful presentation.
- Brown rice, lentil, or quinoa substituted for white rice will make it healthier.
- Add a couple of splashes of hot sauce or a pinch of red pepper flakes to make this soup a little spicier.
- Try using cauliflower rice instead of white rice for a lower-carb soup version.
- If you like your rice more firm, try putting some cooked rice in every bowl and ladle the soup on top.
- Use two quarts of beef broth instead of the beef bouillon and water.
- Shredded cabbage also makes a nice boost of nutrition to this soup recipe.
- For a different version, substitute one pound of ground beef for one pound of Italian sausage.
- If you like a thicker soup, cut back on the amount of water used.
- For a vegetarian version, switch out ground beef for a vegetarian meat substitute.
- You can substitute chicken broth for beef broth in a pinch, giving the soup a different flavor.
- If you’re looking for toppings for your bowl of soup, check out my post Best Soup Topping Ideas.
- You can substitute garlic powder for the garlic clove.
Making Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker:
- In a Dutch oven, cook the ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Break the meat into crumbles as you cook. Drain the ground beef when done.
- Add the beef mixture to the slow cooker and stir in the following nine ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours. Add the rice one hour before the soup is ready.
How long does Stuffed Pepper Soup last in the refrigerator?
Stuffed pepper soup will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days when stored correctly in an airtight container. Simply reheat when you want another bowl of this delicious soup!
Can you freeze stuffed pepper soup?
Healthy stuffed green pepper soup freezes well. For best results, freeze the soup before adding the rice. When you reheat your bowl of soup, add the cooked rice.
I like to freeze my soup in individual servings using this freezer tray with the lid on Amazon.
What to serve with stuffed pepper soup:
A grilled cheese sandwich.
You can make this an easy meal with crusty bread and a side salad.
We’ve reached the end of the Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this easy stuffed pepper soup recipe. It’s the perfect hearty meal for the fall or winter months.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Pin this how to make this green pepper soup recipe below on your soup board on Pinterest so you can refer back to it.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!
Don’t miss out on my other soup recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stock Recipe
- Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Caramelized Cream of Onion Soup
- Authentic New England Clam Chowder
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Spicy Chilled Cantaloupe Soup with Ginger
- Caramelized Cream of Onion Soup
- Creamy Chilled Watermelon Soup
- Creamy Chicken Zucchini Soup
- The Best Sweet Potato Soup