Mushrooms. Don’t you just love them? I definitely get on a mushroom kick at the first sign of fall. This Most Amazing sautéed Mushrooms Recipe is my favorite for when I crave a side of those tasty veggies.
“The sudden appearance of mushrooms after a summer rain is one of the more impressive spectacles of the plant world.” – John Tyler Bonner
I’m all about easy recipes because I don’t have the time, nor the patience to cook elaborate meals. I guess you don’t either. This recipe will also have your guests thinking they are dining in a gourmet restaurant without paying the high prices. Easy and delicious – what could be better than that?
If you’re looking for another mushroom recipe, you have to try my To-Die-For Rustic Hungarian Soup. Yes, it really is that good. If you don’t believe me – look at the comments!
You can also use the recipe on sliced mushrooms for a topping for steaks or baked potatoes.
Here’s the Most Amazing sautéed Mushrooms Recipe:
Most Amazing Sautéed Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Baby Bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I use two because I love garlic!)
- 1/4 teaspoon Shallot salt or garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the red wine, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, shallot salt and salt and pepper. Mix together and add the mushrooms.
- Cook together for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are brown.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with minced parsley and serve immediately.
1) You can substitute button mushrooms in this recipe.
2) White wine works as a substitute for red wine.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
1) A large saucepan. I use ceramic saucepans because they are the healthiest pans to use and won’t transfer a metallic taste to food. You can find a set of ceramic saucepans on Amazon here.
This entire set is currently under $70 with free shipping for Prime members.
2) One of the ingredients is Shallot salt or you can use garlic salt. I personally use the Shallot Pepper by Penzeys Spices. If you haven’t tried it, you can find it here. It will add zip to any recipe.
3) If you are cutting down on your salt intake, you could always use Liquid Amios or garlic powder instead of the shallot or garlic salt. You can find Liquid Amios here. This is a large bottle and it substitutes for soy sauce also.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it.
Make sure you sign up to receive new posts because you might miss out on something life-changing like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever. If you don’t think a recipe will change your life, then you haven’t tried the right one!
Thanks for stopping by.