Prize-Winning Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing recipe that is SUPER simple to make and your family will love it.
“You can never put too much pork in your mouth as far as I’m concerned.” – Lewis Black
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine and it won a monthly prize for best submitted dinner ideas. What really got my attention was that the original recipe only had four ingredients. Yes, four. I changed a few things to the recipe because it made it even better.
My puppies give this recipe four-paws up. Now, this isn’t really a fair evaluation, because they’re really not a picky bunch. But…they love that mommy is making lots more recipes for the blog instead of articles.
The best thing about this recipe is that you’re eating dinner and dessert at the same time.
Here’s the Prize-Winning Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing recipe:
Prize-Winning Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
- 6 one-inch thick boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 six ounce stuffing mix
- 1 can (20 ounce) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet add oil and pork chops. Brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat.
- While pork chops are browning, prepare stuffing according to package instructions.
- Place apple pie filling into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish. Then put the pork chops on top of filling and put stuffing over pork chops.
- Cover and bake dish at 350 degree for 35 minutes. Then uncover the dish and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tips to make this recipe:
- The only thing I changed in the recipe above was to add seasoning the pork chops. The original recipe didn’t do this and I think it needed it.
When you make the stuffing, I would add chopped onion and celery to it.
If you can’t find apple pie filling with cinnamon, simply add a bit of cinnamon to the apples when you lay them in the baking dish.
If you love cheddar cheese on your apple pie, then adding cheddar cheese to the stuffing might make you happy. Really happy.
One of the reviewers of the recipe, sautéed the apple pie filling with two tablespoons of brown sugar and two tablespoons of butter before putting in the baking dish.
Try different flavors of stuffing mix to vary the taste from time to time.
What you need to make this recipe:
First you’ll need a 9 x 13 inch pan. I used a ceramic one like this one because I stopped cooking my food in metal and only use chemical-free cookware.
If you like this dish, you might want to load up on apple pie filling and this Amish Apple Pie Filling looks scrumptious.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried this recipe and what you thought. I would also like to hear if you added your own little twist to it.
Thanks for stopping by!
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love