Time. We could all use more hours in the day. But…there are those days when you’re at your best, and you move mountains. What if every day was a repeat of days like that? They can be, and to help you achieve it here are 21 Motivational Quotes to Help Rock Your Productivity.
“Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed nothing else can be managed. ” – David Allen
The best way to increase your productivity is to learn from those that optimize his or her days. The right quote at the perfect time might be the push you need to create a life you only dreamed of.
Here are the 21 Motivational Quotes to Help Rock Your Productivity:
1) “Working hard for something we do not care about is called stress, working hard for something we love is passion.” – Simon Sinek
If you’re starting a large project, make sure you have a passion for it to carry you through all the hurdles ahead. There are so many twists and turns that a new venture encounters. If you don’t love what you’re doing, then finding your way to the finish line might not happen.
2) “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work and the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
All the blogging experts encourage new bloggers to pick a niche blog to make the most money. I knew that Montana Happy would encompass all the things I love to write about.
It’s been 1 1/2 years since I started this blog and I still love it. There have been times where I wasn’t happy with the results and if I didn’t love what I was doing, I know I would have given up. I decided to listen to my heart and not the experts, and I’m glad I did.
3) Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them. – David Allen
I resonate with this quote because it took me so long to bring my dreams out into the world. I would start projects and never finish them, and then I would start on another one.
Finally, I decided it was now, or never so I just stayed the course until at least one of my projects was out in the world.
Now I just wonder what took me so long?
David Allen has a book called “Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity.” You can find it here.
4) “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” – Alan Kay
We can waste so much of our precious energy on worrying about the future and envisioning what is going to happen.
Use your time wisely instead by working on creating the future YOU want and not being a victim of things you can’t control.
5) “To the degree, we’re not living our dreams; our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves.” – Peter McWilliams
Is the reason you’re not living to your full potential because you keep quietly retreating to that special place where you feel safe?
Safety is overrated. You will regret what you never had the courage to finish.
6) If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
There’s a reason that there’s a common phrase “analysis paralysis.” I was one of its victims until I made the decision that I wasn’t that person anymore.
7) “While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” – Henry C. Link
You just have to start. Now. You won’t learn as much from reading about doing something as you will be by actually doing it.
8) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.” Zig Ziglar
Fail. Fail big. And keep at it. Pretty soon, you’ll be able to pick yourself up and begin again quickly and not succeeding every time will be okay.
9) “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure, or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” – Thomas Watson
By now I’m guessing it’s sinking in that failing will get you closer to your goal faster. Take the plunge.
10) “Don’t argue for other people’s weakness. Don’t argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it, immediately.” – Stephen Covey
Try not to repeat mistakes. Accepting errors as little guidance beacons that will lead you down the road to success will change your opinion of each mistake you make.
Imagine if you built your big dream, but you never experienced any obstacles. If mistakes happen at that stage, they have a bigger impact.
It is better to learn what not to do when your idea is in infancy.
11) “You may think having a cluttered desk isn’t that big of a deal. But that couldn’t be further from the truth. Disorganization can stunt your professional growth and decrease your productivity.” – John Rampton
Cleaning your space signals to the universe that you’re ready for better things. Start now.
12) “Sometimes the biggest gain in productive energy will come from cleaning the cobwebs, dealing with old business and clearing the desks – cutting loose debris that’s impending forward motion.” – David Allen
Not only should you clean up your space, but finishing up loose ends will help you stay focused on your new project and not getting distracted.
13) “Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.” – Pablo Picasso
When you’re starting a new undertaking, you need to trim the activities and time wasters that will distract you from performing your best.
Look at how you spend your time and only keep those things that will help you become the person you were meant to be.
14) “If there are nine rabbits on the ground, if you want to catch one, just focus on one.” – Jack Ma
Now is the time to FOCUS. I have the “shiny light syndrome, ” so this is a challenge to me. I give myself deadlines for each leg of the journey, and that helps.
15) “When you waste a moment, you have killed it in a sense, squandering an irreplaceable opportunity. But when you use the moment properly, filling it with purpose and productivity, it lives on forever.” – Menachem Mendel Schneerson
Realize that you are a gift to the world and what you offer it matters. When you have a purpose larger than yourself, it will help propel you to greater heights.
16) “You don’t actually do a project: you can only do action steps related to it. When enough of the right action steps have been taken, some situation will have been created that matches your initial picture of the outcome closely enough that you call it ‘done.'” – David Allen
Don’t think about everything that needs to be done, think about your next step. If you just think about the next move in front of you, eventually you will get to the end.
17) “Tomorrow becomes never. No matter how small the task, take the first step now!” – Tim Ferriss
The most important thing is to start. Start now.
Ok maybe you should finish this blog post. And then start.
Tim Ferriss has a new book out called the “Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers.” You can find it here.
18) “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” Michael Jordan
Now that you’ve committed to getting things done, you need to work on your venture every single day. On some days it could only be 10 minutes.
By making your project a daily part of your life, you are giving it the attention it deserves.
19) “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.” – David Allen
I agree with this quote. You feel overwhelmed with all your ideas in your head and the guilt for not starting on them.
Once you start taking your ideas and putting them out in the world, there’s less swimming around in your mind.
20) “People can be really smart…but if they don’t really believe in it, then they are not going to work really hard.” – Mark Zuckerberg
Believe in yourself. Believe in your idea. Don’t waiver in your faith until you birth it into being.
21) “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. – Richard Branson
I think we can all learn a lot from Richard Branson. Enjoy the process. Revel in the learning. Be happy that you’re doing what you were meant to do. And smile.
We have reached the end of 21 Motivational Quotes to Help Rock Your Productivity. I hope you resonated with a few of these ideas and you have the motivation to get started.
Let me know in the comments below if you have a favorite quote on productivity.
Make sure you sign up to receive new posts because you might miss out on something life-changing like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever. If you don’t think a recipe will change your life, then you haven’t tried the right one!
Thanks for stopping by.