21 Gratitude Quotes to Unlock Your Blessings will inspire you to recognize the bounties that surround us. The right quote can change our perspective on our world and help us weather the bumpy spots on the road in the journey of life.
“Gratitude is our most direct line to God and the angels. The more we seek gratitude, the more reason the angels will give us for gratitude and joy to exist in our lives.” – Terry Lynn Taylor, author
Gratitude. It’s something we could all make a conscious effort to include more of in our daily lives.
I know I’m guilty of not being grateful for all the blessings that I encounter. It’s time to change that.
Most of us will focus on the problems and little rubs that we encounter. What would happen to us if we consciously decide to remember that we’re also showered with favor just begging to be recognized?
I put together the best grateful quotes to help you change your focus and recognize all the gifts in our lives.
Whether you’re looking for gratitude quotes from the Bible, short gratitude quotes, funny gratitude quotes or just World Gratitude Day quotes, you’re going to improve your daily life by looking at the positive side of life.
Since you’re looking at improving your life, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 6,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here are the 21 Gratitude Quotes to Unlock Your Blessings:
1) “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
It’s always a wise thing to start with a Oprah Winfrey quote! We all know that Oprah knows a thing or two about increasing abundance. From her humble beginnings to now owning a network, taking her advice would be a smart thing to do.
2) “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
Willie’s life was transformed the minute he decided to focus on making music and not worrying about becoming a star. He decided to be himself, whatever the cost.
This attitude of gratitude let him become a legend.
3) “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
When you look back in your life, you think of moments. Sometimes the sweetest memories are those simple unplanned times where you were fully present, enjoying the simple pleasures of the world.
Those tiny, beautiful moments string together can be made into the softest pillow to lay your head on every night.
4) “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
This is one of my favorite short gratitude quotes.
You not only need to feel gratitude but thanking the people and circumstances that make your life worthwhile will send out, even more, goodwill into the world.
5) “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie
Simple truth. It changes everything, don’t you think? Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
6) “The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who helped you.” – John E. Southard
Sometimes we forget about all the people who have contributed to our success. It could simply be someone who taught you a trick on the computer that makes your workload easier, or it can be the person that always finds the time to listen to you when you’re struggling.
Get even with those people who assisted you by offering your talents and kindness. Forget about the ones that set up road blocks in your life. They are not worth spending any more energy on.
Why don’t you buy glass jars and fill them with gratitude quotes for friends? You could also make a jar full of gratitude quotes for kids to start them on the journey to appreciation.
7) “In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day – or to celebrate each special day.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
Celebrate. Every single day. Find three things that you witnessed or experienced throughout the last 24 hours and write them down to reflect back on.
8) “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust
Doesn’t it warm your heart a little that doing something so beautiful for yourself and the world also shapes you into becoming a better person?
9) “Most of us never stop to consider our blessings; rather, we spend the day only thinking about our problems. But since you have to be alive to have problems, be grateful for the opportunity to have them.” – Bernie Siegel
This quote could be the shift that sets you on a new path. If problems become a by-product of the honor of being alive, then maybe they won’t have such a negative impact on our souls.
10) “Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with and open and grateful heart.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
We have to be open to this change in our lives. If you’ve lived a life focused on the negative, it could feel difficult to alter this habit.
If we sit with the uncomfortable emotions of shifting our focus, we can embrace the possibilities of what’s to come.
11) “If you truly get in touch with a piece of carrot, you can get in touch with the soil, the rain, the sunshine. You get in touch with Mother Earth and eating in such a way, you feel in touch with true life, your roots, and that is meditation. If we chew every morsel of our food in that way we become grateful and when you are grateful, you are happy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
I love how this quote speaks to our basic need of food and making eating an art. We wake up blessed every day if we have enough food and that the world that we step upon offers it willingly.
12) “Exercise is about being grateful for the body you have and sustaining the life you have.” – Nicole Ari Parker
I’m going to have to remember this one every time I lace up my shoes. I think we could all use a boost in this direction.
13) “I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.” – Maya Angelou
Are you living life to your fullest potential? If you aren’t, why not? Be grateful for life and make sure you are passionate about your work.
What fun things would you like to do, that you’re not doing now? Squeeze some time out to do the things that make your soul come alive.
14) “If you have someone in your life that you are grateful for – someone to whom you want to write another heartfelt, slanted, misspelled thank you note – do it. Tell them they made you feel loved and supported. That they made you feel like you belonged somewhere and that you were not a freak. Tell them all of that. Tell them today.” – Lisa Jakub
Some of the people in our lives may not be holding center stage, but they were instrumental in pushing you toward your best self. Make sure they know what impact they had on your life.
15) “I believe that if you don’t derive a deep sense of purpose from what you do, if you don’t come radiantly alive several times a day, if you don’t feel deeply grateful at the tremendous good fortune that has bestowed on you, then you are wasting your life. And life is too short to be wasted.” – Srikumar Rao
Who would you be if you were able to tap into that power that energized your spirit daily? What would you accomplish?
How different would your life be?
16) “Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.” – Stephen Richards
We live in an infinite universe, and each of us is only living a fragment of our potential. Keep your eye on the possibilities and turned away from the problems.
See what happens.
17) “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweizer
Surround yourself with people who uplift you. Delete those that take your energy. It’s as simple as that.
Think about those who saw something special in you. Look for gratitude quotes for teachers in your life that have inspired you to greater heights.
18) “I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of coincidences that have no meaning or connection. For me, I’m going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the views of eternity, and hope my choices will create a positive ripple effect in the lives of others. This is my choice.” – Mike Ericksen
Do you want your being in the world to be a gift? Believe that your potential can be realized and that others will benefit from it and it becomes true.
19) “With an undefended heart, we can fall in love with life over and over every day. We can become children of wonder, grateful to be walking on earth, grateful to belong to each other and to all of creation. We can find our true refuge in every moment, in every breath.” – Tara Brach
As we rush through life, sometimes we forget to breath and take a moment to embrace our life.
When our lives are immersed in grateful quotes to God for all that we’ve been given, the road we are taking becomes full of bounty.
It’s time to open our trust to the universe and soak up its wonder.
20) “This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
Every day is a new beginning. Clear the slate and start fresh today. Start now. Write the new chapter in your book that has you living your dreams.
21) “The struggle ends when gratitude begins.” – Neale Donald Walsh
I feel this was the perfect quote to end the post. Stop struggling. Start appreciating. See what it does for your life.
To further you along the happiness path, you can check out this book: Instant Happy Journal: 365 Days of Inspiration, Gratitude and Joy.
We have reached the end of 21 Gratitude Quotes to Unlock Your Blessings. I hope you enjoyed them. Each of us could all use more love and gratitude quotes in our lives, don’t you think?
Let me know in the comments below if one of the quotes on thankfulness struck a chord with you. I would also love to hear if becoming more grateful changed your life.
Below I created a pin for you to add to your Pinterest board. How about creating a board dedicated to the Best Gratitude Quotes, so you can find inspiration with just a click away?
Make sure you sign up to receive every post. You wouldn’t want to miss posts like 21 Kindness Quotes to Inspire a Better World.
Thanks for stopping by!