Simply Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes are one of those perfect recipes that tastes delicious and easy and quick to make. Everyone will love this dish!
“What I say is that, if a fellow really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.” – A. A. Milne
I got this recipe from my sister, it’s been a family favorite for over ten years. I wish I could give credit to the creator, but neither of us know who that was. Whoever you are, thank you!
Potatoes is one of those versatile vegetables that makes everyone happy. Now, before you try this recipe – I’m warning you…do not share with other family members unless you want to be forced to make them over and over again!
You’ve been warned.
Tips on Making Simply Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes:
1) You can adjust the cayenne pepper, depending how hot you like your potatoes. My sister uses one teaspoon. I like spicy…but not that much.
2) Try and use organic potatoes. Non-organic potatoes are sprayed with pesticides and the soil they’re grown is treated to fungicide.
Check your grocery store specials for sales on organically grown potatoes. I bought mine for $1.99 for a three-pound bag. I bought 30 pounds of potatoes. I do after all, have to taste-test recipes for you…right?
Here is the Simply Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes recipe:
- 8 medium red potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Sea salt to taste
- Mix together the garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne powder, chili powder, olive oil and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Toss sliced potatoes with the mixture.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over and bake for another 7-10 minutes until desired crispness.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
What you need to make Simply Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes:
1) Cookie sheet.
I use stoneware or ceramic baking pans. The reason for this is to avoid adding a metal taste to my food. You can find ceramic cookie sheets here.
2) Worcestershire sauce.
It still surprises me that people don’t know what it is. I love it so much…I always have an extra bottle on hand so I don’t ever run out. You can find it here.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried Simply Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes and how you liked them.
Make sure you sign up so you get every post delivered to your in-box. You wouldn’t want to miss recipes like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever or articles like Hygge Family Dinner Traditions to Try Tonight.
Thanks for stopping by!