Simply Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes are one of those perfect recipes that tastes delicious and easy and quick to make. Everyone will love this perfect side dish!
I got this potato recipe from my sister, it’s been a favorite way to make potatoes for over ten years. I wish I could give credit to the creator, but neither of us know who that was. Whoever you are, thank you!
Potatoes is one of those versatile vegetables that makes everyone happy. Now, before you try this recipe – I’m warning you…do not share with other family members unless you want to be forced to make them over and over again!
You’ve been warned.
After you toss your sliced red potatoes in the spices and oil, you roast them on a sheet pan in a hot oven until they reach the peak of the perfect crispness. Serve this delicious side dish with your favorite dipping sauce like Ranch Salad Dressing.
“What I say is that, if a fellow really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.” – A. A. Milne
Interesting Facts about Potatoes:
1) According to the Idahopotatomuseum.com, the average American consumes 124 pounds of potatoes per year! That’s a lot of spuds!
2) We have Thomas Jefferson to thank for introducing “french fries” to the United States. He served them at the White House for dinner.
3) The largest potato ever grown was 7 pounds, 1 ounce, according to the Guinness Book of World Records.
4) One potato plant was able to produce 370 pounds of potatoes. An Englishman in 1974 named Eric Jenkins grew that plant.
5) There are currently over 100 different varieties of potatoes that are edible.
6) All 50 states grow potatoes, with Oregon and Washington being the largest producers.
7) According to Facts.net, potatoes were at one time traded for gold. In the 1890s in Alaska, during the Klondike gold rush, potatoes were worth a lot because of their high content of Vitamin C.
8) National Potato Day is August 19th in the United States. So whip up a batch of Roasted Buffalo Potato Wedges to celebrate.
9) North Carolina has an annual North Carolina Potato Festival in the middle of May. It has potato sack races, potato peeling contests, and culinary competitions featuring local chefs.
The Best Ways to Store Potatoes
1) Only wash the potatoes prior to using them. Washing potatoes before storing, causes a quicker decay of the vegetable.
2) Keep potatoes in a cool, dark place. Do NOT store potatoes in the refrigerator. Doing so will change the sugar content and ruin the taste of potatoes.
3) You don’t want to store potatoes in plastic bags. Switch them out for paper bags, or leave the potatoes in a basket.
4) Keep your potatoes away from apples, bananas, and onions. The gas from these fruits and vegetable will cause potatoes to decay faster.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you clicked on a post for Crispy Roasted Potatoes, I guess you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 30,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s the Crispy Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients for Crispy Potatoes
8 medium red potatoes, sliced thinly
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup melted butter
Salt to taste
How to make Crispy Roasted Potatoes
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Mix together the garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, chili powder, olive oil, and melted butter in a large bowl.
3) Toss sliced potatoes with the mixture.
4) Place sliced potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
5) Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
6) Turn the potatoes over and cook for another 7-10 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
7) Sprinkle with sea salt to taste and serve immediately.
Printable Version of Crispy Roasted Potatoes
Crispy Roasted Potatoes is one of those perfect recipes that are easy to make and tastes delicious. Everyone will love this dish!
- 8 medium red potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix together the garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne powder, chili powder, olive oil and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Toss sliced potatoes with the mixture.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over and bake for another 7-10 minutes, until desired crispness.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Tips on Making Crispy Roasted Potatoes
1) You can adjust the cayenne pepper, depending how hot you like your potatoes. My sister uses one teaspoon. I like spicy…but not that much.
2) Try and use organic potatoes. Non-organic potatoes are sprayed with pesticides and the soil they’re grown is treated to fungicide.
3) You can substitute the red potatoes for russet potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes.
What you need to make Simply Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes:
1) Cookie sheet
I use stoneware or ceramic baking pans. The reason for this is to avoid adding a metal taste to my food. You can find ceramic cookie sheets here.
2) Worcestershire sauce
It still surprises me that people don’t know what it is. I love it so much…I always have an extra bottle on hand so I don’t ever run out. You can find it here.
We’ve reached the end of the Crispy Roasted Potatoes. I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this perfect side dish recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Please pin this Roasted Potatoes pin below on your recipe board on Pinterest so that you can refer back to it again.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Yummy Vegetable Recipes