Easy BBQ Spaghetti Recipe will become a family favorite. Ground beef mixed with a homemade BBQ sauce and ladled on a bed of cooked spaghetti is heaven on a plate.
This recipe is famous in the south. The original recipe came from Pat and Gina Neely. The only changes I made was that I reduced the sugar – there was also white sugar in the recipe and I used ground beef instead of cooked pork.
The first thing you’re going to want to do is make the BBQ sauce. It takes 1 hour and 15 minutes of simmering to give you the flavor you’re craving.
Next, you’ll cook the ground beef and break it into small pieces.
Start cooking your spaghetti in a large pot.
Then you cook the peppers, onions, and garlic together. Add the BBQ sauce and cooked ground beef.
Drain your pasta, and nestle some BBQ beef in the center of a pile of pasta. Top with parmesan cheese or chopped parsley.
This recipe is great for a backyard barbecue or potluck. Your family and friends will love it!
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe on how to make BBQ Spaghetti, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 67,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cottage.
Here’s How to Make BBQ Spaghetti Recipe
Ingredients for BBQ Spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small chopped green pepper
1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
1 garlic clove minced
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 pound ground beef, cooked and broken into small pieces
1 pound spaghetti
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to Make the BBQ Sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients listed for the BBQ sauce. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Then reduce heat to simmer.
Cook uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring frequently. You can also make this barbecue sauce in a slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
Directions for Making BBQ Spaghetti Recipe
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion, bell pepper, and garlic clove until softened (about 1-2 minutes). Add garlic salt and mix.
Add the cooked BBQ sauce to the large skillet with the onion, pepper, garlic mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer. Fold in the barbecue sauce into cooked ground beef.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and follow the package directions. Cook the spaghetti noodles until al dente and drain.
Toss the cooked pasta with BBQ meat sauce and serve with some crusty bread.
Printable Recipe of BBQ Spaghetti with Nutrition Facts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small chopped green pepper
- 1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and broken into small pieces
- 1 pound spaghetti
- BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- How to Make BBQ Sauce - In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients listed for BBQ sauce. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Then reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- For the BBQ Spaghetti - In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion, pepper, and garlic clove until softened (1-2 minutes). Add garlic salt and mix together.
- Add the cooked BBQ sauce to the large skillet with the onion, pepper, and garlic mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer. Fold in the cooked ground beef and heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and follow the instructions for cooking the spaghetti on the package. Cook the spaghetti until al dente and drain.
- Toss spaghetti with BBQ sauce and serve with some crusty bread.
Tips for Making Barbecue Spaghetti
You can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef.
How long does BBQ Spaghetti last in refrigerator?
Barbecue spaghetti will last in the fridge 3 to 4 days when properly stored.
Can you freeze Barbecue Spaghetti?
Yes you can. It will last four to six months when stored in a freezer bag or airtight container.
What to Serve with Barbecue Spaghetti
You can serve a side salad and garlic cheese bread to make the most delicious dinner.
We’ve reached the end of BBQ Spaghetti. Let me knowing the comments if you liked the recipe.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Thanks for dropping by! I’m so happy you found us.