Skillet Chicken Sausage with Apples is one of those perfect recipes that you can have the ingredients on hand, and when pressed with time make a delicious dinner in no time.
“Eating apples is good on so many levels. There’s fiber in the skin that’s really good for you. It helps with digestion and helps you absorb all the nutrients of everything you’ve eaten that day. Apples are a really good thing.” – Rebecca Romijn
This yummy dish is ready in 20 minutes in one pan and not a lot of clean up. Don’t you just love those kind of recipes? The bonus is it tastes like you went to a lot of trouble to make it.
The pairing of smoked chicken sausages and apples are the perfect combination of sweet with savory so all your taste buds are happy with one dish.
I’m always looking for recipes that feature apples because for three months of the year, I have more apples available to me than I could ever use thanks to my apple trees.
This recipe was the perfect one to combine two of my loves, chicken and apples. (Oh, and the addition of a little white wine is a plus!)
Serve a side of your favorite salad with this dish your family will have happy bellies.
Here is the Skillet Chicken Sausage with Apples recipe:
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 smoked chicken sausages, sliced
- 3 small apples, cored and cut into chunks (I used Fuji)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages to the pan, cook until browned, stirring often for 4-5 minutes.
- When sausages are done, transfer them to a plate.
- Add the one tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and add the apples.
- Sprinkle the apples with sugar, and cook until light golden brown, stirring occasionally for about five minutes.
- When apples are slightly tender, transfer to a plate.
- Return sausages to the pan and add wine and apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the wine combination has thickened, approximately another five minutes.
- Return apples to the pan and reheat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Tips for making this recipe:
1) You can use any type of apple for this recipe.
2) There are many flavors of smoked chicken sausages, Costco sells them in bulk.
We’ve reached the end of Skillet Chicken Sausage with Apples. I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it.
Make sure you sign up so you get every post delivered to your in-box. You wouldn’t want to miss recipes like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever or articles like Hygge Family Dinner Traditions to Try Tonight.
Thanks for stopping by!