Do you have problems with your mother-in-law? Invite her over and make this chicken. On the outs with your boss? That’s right…it’s time for an invitation over to your house and serve him or her this chicken. Problems disappear. Chicken with Blackberry Thyme Cream Sauce is the bomb, if I do say so myself.
“I love chicken. I would eat chicken fingers on Thanksgiving if if were socially acceptable.” – Todd Barry
It’s so darn good, I was even questioning putting it on my blog. But…what kind of person would I be keeping all this deliciousness to myself? Seriously. Make this recipe.
You might want to serve this with mashed potatoes or quinoa, because you’re going to want to sop up every bit of that sauce. Better make a side of dinner rolls…just in case.
Chicken with Blackberry Thyme Cream Sauce
- Olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Take your chicken breasts and flatten them with something hard. I use a kitchen mallet. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high. When it gets hot, add enough oil to coat the whole pan. Add flattened chicken breasts to the pan. Wait about 10 minutes to allow the chicken to sear on that side. Flip the chicken over and let the other side cook for another 10 minutes. Check to make sure there is no pink in the middle by cutting a slit at the top. If the chicken is cooked through, let it sit for five minutes before serving. You want the juices to stay in the breast.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the chopped shallots and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring until softened. Stir in brown sugar and thyme. Take half the blackberries and smash in a bowl. Add to the saucepan cooking a few minutes until sugar dissolves. Add broth and Dijon mustard, stirring until mixed throughly. Add the heavy cream and the rest of the whole blackberries to the sauce until heated through.
- Place chicken breasts on a plate and pour sauce over them. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Make sure you subscribe to receive every post, you wouldn’t want to miss a recipe like this one again! You may miss out on things like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever or To-Die-For Hungarian Rustic Soup. What if you never saw Cutest Rustic Garden Art? You would be out of the loop! So, make sure you sign up to receive every post.