Cranberry Relish with Nuts is an easy recipe made with fresh cranberries, apples, pecans, crushed pineapple, and sugar. It’s a yummy addition to your holiday meal or to use as a condiment on sandwiches using fresh cranberries.
If you’re looking for more great recipes, Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce or Cranberry Rice with Caramelized Onions will help you on your quest. They are not only great Thanksgiving recipes, but are also perfect for everyday meals.
This raw cranberry relish has a tart flavor that compliments meats like roasted turkey, chicken, glazed ham, pork tenderloin, and roasts. It’s the perfect recipe to add fresh flavors to your Thanksgiving dinner.
What is Cranberry Relish?
Fresh cranberry relish is made with uncooked ingredients featuring fresh cranberries and sugar. Additional ingredients like nuts, pineapple, oranges, celery, jalapeño peppers, and pears are ideas for changing up this recipe.
The two cranberry dishes served with turkey are either traditional cranberry sauce or flavorful cranberry relish. I like to have both for my Thanksgiving table. They are two of my favorite things about the holiday season.
Interesting Facts About Cranberries
- The majority of cranberries grown in the United States come from Wisconsin. According to the Agricultural Marketing Resource Center, in 2017 62% of the cranberries come from Wisconsin.
- There are only three fruits native to North America, and cranberries are one of them.
- Most of the cranberries sold are for processed foods. Only 5% of the cranberries are sold fresh.
- Cranberries are a perennial crop grown in human-made bogs or wetlands.
- Wisconsin is home to the world’s largest cranberry festival. The Warrens Cranberry Festival is a three-day event celebrating Wisconsin’s state fruit.
- Cranberries are loaded with Vitamin C.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for this amazing cranberry relish with nuts, I’m guess you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group with 67,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, things that leave you in awe, and how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join the virtual cozy cottage here.
Here is the recipe for Cranberry Relish with Nuts:
Ingredients for this Easy Cranberry Relish Recipe
12-ounce bag of cranberries, fresh or frozen (thaw before using if they are frozen)
1/2 red apple, cored, unpeeled and roughly chopped
1/3 cup pecans
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup sugar
Directions for Making Cranberry Relish
- Add tart cranberries, apple, pecans, crushed pineapple, and white sugar in a food processor. Blend until well mixed together.
Printable Version of Cranberry Relish with Nutritional Value
- 12-ounce bag of frozen or fresh cranberries (thaw cranberries if using frozen)
- 1/2 unpeeled apple, chopped and cored
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until well mixed together.
1. You can substitute walnuts for pecans.
2. Adjust sugar to your taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 30gProtein 1g
Tips for Making Cranberry Relish with Nuts
- You can substitute walnuts for pecans.
- Adjust the sugar to your taste.
- You can add orange peel or orange zest for some citrus flavor.
- Fresh ginger is also a great addition to try.
How long does Cranberry Relish last in the refrigerator?
This simple cranberry relish recipe will last up to ten days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can you freeze cranberry relish?
I don’t recommend freezing cranberry relish because the apple will turn to mush, and the relish will be watery when thawed.
What’s the difference between cranberry sauce and cranberry relish?
Cranberry sauce is cooked down, and cranberry relish is made with raw ingredients.
Should cranberry relish be served hot or cold?
Cranberry relish with nuts should be served cold.
What do you serve with cranberry relish?
You can serve cranberry relish with your favorite meats like roasted turkey, chicken, pork tenderloin, roast beef, and ham.
Leftover cranberry relish with nuts can be used as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, and cream cheese.
Mix the relish with mayonnaise to use in sandwiches too. It’s also delicious on a turkey sandwich using leftover turkey with cream cheese, sliced onions, and sprouts.
If you love the Best Cranberry Relish Recipe
Let us know you loved this amazing cranberry relish recipe with nuts by sharing your photo on Instagram. You can tag us @montanahappy so we can see your dish. Enjoy the recipe!
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Now you have the perfect recipe to serve with your holiday meal with little effort. This simple recipe is a keeper that you can pass down to future generations.
Thanks for stopping by!