The Best Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce is one of those recipes that is both easy to make and is full of flavor. This recipe delivers for those of us who love a little spice in our lives.
Cranberry sauce is a must have Thanksgiving food. It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy fresh cranberries on your holiday table because they are plentiful in the grocery store.
Whether you like just a little heat or a lot, this twist on traditional cranberry sauce will make your taste buds sing. These gorgeous red berries add beauty to any gathering.
What is Cranberry Sauce?
Classic cranberry sauce is made with fresh cranberries typically served as a condiment. It is a popular recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Fresh jalapeños add just the right amount of spiciness to give regular cranberry sauce a whole new taste.
Our Simple Homemade Cranberry Jalapeño Sauce Recipe is perfect for Spooning over Roasted Turkey, Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, Duck, or Roast
Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce is the perfect addition to your holiday meal for both your Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas gathering for spicy food lovers.
Serve the whole berry cranberry sauce on your holiday table in a beautiful dish and top with minced fresh jalapeños or chopped green onions.
This easy recipe can be made any time of year to add flavor to your dishes. Once you add some spicy jalapeno cranberry sauce to your chicken, roast beef, or turkey sandwiches, you’ll never go back.
One of my favorite cafes made a sandwich called the “Snowbird Nester,” made with smoked honey turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, tomato, red onion, a sprinkling of sunflower seeds, and lettuce.
It is a heavenly sandwich. Using this jalapeño cranberry sauce instead of regular cranberry sauce would take the sandwich to a different level.
You can also serve leftover cranberry sauce over regular cream cheese or goat cheese and serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Interesting Facts About the Jalapeño Pepper
- Jalapeños are fully ripe when they turn red. They are hotter when they are allowed to ripen.
- In the United States, most jalapeño peppers are grown in Texas, New Mexico, and California.
- One jalapeño pepper plant can grow 25 to 35 peppers.
Everything You Need to Make This Spicy Cranberry Sauce
This dish comes together beautifully with sugar and spicy elements and just a few simple ingredients. You can adapt this recipe to suit your tastes. If you want a little more kick, add more cayenne pepper or jalapeño peppers.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this cranberry sauce recipe:
- Fresh Cranberries
- Cayenne Pepper
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Grated Ginger
How to Make this Simple Cranberry Jalapeño Sauce
- Add sugar, water, fresh jalapeños, cayenne pepper, and salt in a heavy bottom saucepan. Stir together to dissolve sugar and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Combine cranberries and ginger into the mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes, occasionally stirring until the cranberries are soft and there’s no more liquid in the saucepan.
- Let the cranberry mixture cool. Adjust the recipe to your taste by adding more jalapenos or cayenne if desired. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce, I’m guessing you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 67,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share memories, things that leave you in awe, and how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cottage.
I found this recipe in New York Times Cooking section. It was perfect the way it was. I didn’t have to change a thing.
Printable Version Cranberry Jalapeño Sauce Recipe Card
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large jalapeños, finely diced and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Add sugar, water, jalapenos, cayenne pepper, and salt in a heavy bottom saucepan. Stir together to dissolve sugar and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Combine cranberries and ginger into the mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes, occasionally stirring until the cranberries are soft and there's no more liquid in the sauce pan.
- Let cool. Adjust the recipe to your taste by adding more jalapenos or cayenne if desired. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 0g
Recipe Notes for Making Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeños
- You can top the cranberry sauce with freshly diced jalapeños for a festive flair. Lime zest or orange zest also makes a beautiful topping.
How Long Does Spicy Cranberry Sauce Last in the Refrigerator?
Homemade Spicy Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce will last up to 10 to 14 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
Can You Freeze Jalapeno Cranberry Salsa?
Yes, you can freeze cranberry jalapeño sauce. Before you freeze the fresh cranberry sauce, be sure to bring it down to room temperature and then store it in an airtight container.
If You Love This Spicy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Let us know you loved this jalapeño cranberry sauce recipe it by sharing your photo on Instagram. You can tag us @montanahappy so that we can see your dish. Enjoy the recipe!
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Now you have the perfect recipe to make your own cranberry sauce that will earn raves with little effort. This simple recipe will become one of your favorite sides for your Thanksgiving turkey and earn a permanent place in your recipe box.