The Best Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce is one of those recipes that is easy to make and full of flavor. This recipe delivers for those of us who love a little spice in our lives.
Cranberry sauce is a must-have Thanksgiving food. It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy fresh cranberries on your holiday table because they are plentiful in the grocery store.
Whether you like just a little heat or a lot, this twist on traditional cranberry sauce will make your taste buds sing with its nice spicy kick. These gorgeous red berries add beauty to any gathering.
What is Cranberry Sauce?
Classic cranberry sauce is made with fresh cranberries, and typically served as a condiment. It is a popular recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Fresh jalapeños add the right amount of spiciness to give regular cranberry sauce a whole new taste.
Our Simple Homemade Cranberry Jalapeño Sauce Recipe is perfect for Spooning over Roasted Turkey, Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, Duck, or Roast
Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce is the perfect addition to your holiday meal for both your Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas gathering for spicy food lovers.
Serve the whole berry cranberry sauce on your holiday table in a beautiful dish and top with minced fresh jalapeños or chopped green onions.
This easy recipe can be made any time of year to add flavor to your dishes. Once you add some spicy jalapeno cranberry sauce to your chicken, roast beef, or turkey sandwiches, you’ll never go back.
One of my favorite cafes made a sandwich called the “Snowbird Nester,” made with smoked honey turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, tomato, red onion, a sprinkling of sunflower seeds, and lettuce.
It’s a heavenly sandwich. Using this jalapeño cranberry sauce instead of regular cranberry sauce would take the sandwich to a different level.
You can also serve leftover cranberry sauce over regular cream cheese or goat cheese and serve it with tortilla chips or crackers.
Interesting Facts About the Jalapeño Pepper
- Fresh jalapeños are fully ripe when they turn red. They are hotter when they are allowed to ripen.
- In the United States, most jalapeño peppers are grown in Texas, New Mexico, and California.
- One jalapeño pepper plant can grow 25 to 35 peppers.
Everything You Need to Make This Spicy Cranberry Sauce
This dish comes together beautifully with sugar, spicy elements, and just a few simple ingredients. You can adapt this recipe to suit your tastes. If you want a little more kick, add more cayenne pepper or jalapeño peppers.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this cranberry sauce recipe:
- Fresh Cranberries
- Cayenne Pepper
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Grated Ginger
How to Make this Simple Cranberry Jalapeño Sauce
- Add sugar, water, fresh jalapeños, cayenne pepper, and salt in a heavy bottom saucepan. Stir together to dissolve sugar and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Combine cranberries and fresh ginger into the mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes, occasionally stirring until the cranberries are soft and there’s no more liquid in the medium saucepan.
- Let the cranberry mixture cool. Adjust the recipe to your taste by adding more jalapenos or cayenne if desired. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce, I’m guessing you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 113,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share memories, things that leave you in awe, and how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cottage.
I found this spicy combination sauce in the New York Times Cooking section. It was one of those side dishes that are perfect the way it was written. I didn’t have to change a thing.
Printable Recipe Card for Cranberry Jalapeño Sauce with Nutrition Facts
If you want to add a little spice to your meal, this cranberry jalapeno sauce will do the trick. It's so easy to make and tastes amazing.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large jalapeños, finely diced and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Add sugar, water, jalapenos, cayenne pepper, and salt in a heavy bottom saucepan. Stir together to dissolve sugar and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Combine cranberries and ginger into the mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes, occasionally stirring until the cranberries are soft and there's no more liquid in the sauce pan.
- Let cool. Adjust the recipe to your taste by adding more jalapenos or cayenne if desired. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 0g
Recipe Notes for Making Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeños
- For a festive flair, you can top the cranberry sauce with freshly diced jalapeños. Fresh jalapeño slices on top also look great for a garnish.
- Lime zest or orange zest also makes a beautiful topping.
- Put this jalapeño cranberry sauce recipe on top of a block of cream cheese or baked brie cheese for a fantastic appetizer.
- You can also add this tart cranberry sauce to top of vanilla ice cream.
How Long Does Spicy Cranberry Sauce Last in the Refrigerator?
Homemade Spicy Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce will last 10 to 14 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
Can You Freeze Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce?
Yes, you can freeze cranberry jalapeño sauce. Before you freeze the fresh cranberry sauce, bring it down to room temperature and store it in an airtight container.
Here’s How You Grow Cranberries
What to do with Leftover Cranberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Add cranberry sauce to applesauce for a tangy addition.
- Mix with your favorite vinaigrette to transform salads.
- Use it as a meat glaze.
- Heat and serve over ice cream.
- Layer on a bagel on top of cream cheese.
- Mix it with mayonnaise for sandwiches.
If You Love This Spicy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Now you have the perfect recipe to make your own cranberry sauce with jalapeño that will earn raves with little effort. This simple recipe will become one of your favorite sides for your Thanksgiving turkey or Friendsgiving dinners and earn a permanent place in your recipe box.
I created a pin for you below to add to your Thanksgiving table Pinterest board.
Recipes that Compliment Cranberry Jalapeño Sauce
- Cranberry Rice with Caramelized Onions – wild rice, caramelized onions, and dried whole cranberries are the perfect match!
- The Best Turkey Brine Recipe – the perfect way to cook turkey for the big day!
- Perfect Butter Herb Roasted Turkey – an amazing Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey.
- Salt-Encrusted Prime Rib Recipe – enjoy at a family gathering during the winter holidays.
- The Best Cranberry Relish with Nuts Recipe – another traditional sauce recipe.
- Homemade Whipped Cranberry Butter – a wonderful recipe to add to bread or mashed sweet potatoes.
- The Best Cranberry Recipes – all my cranberry recipes in one spot!