Easy Saucy Baked Chicken Legs are the perfect weeknight family-friendly recipe that’s quick to make and is a yummy chicken drumstick marinade. Kids love this easy recipe!
Finding recipes your entire family will love can be a hard task for a busy mom. Not only is this recipe delicious and easy to make, chicken legs are less expensive to buy than other cuts of meat.
Most of us already have all the ingredients on hand, which makes it perfect for those nights when you’re unsure what to make.
The sauce is fantastic, and this recipe would be delicious served with rice or mashed potatoes.
You might want to make a little extra sauce because you might have everyone fighting over it. Oven-baked chicken legs never tasted so good.
I think we are all trying to make our lives a little bit easier. This recipe will help you achieve that goal.
Creating a Cozy Life Group:
Since you clicked on this Saucy Baked Chicken Legs recipe post, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 53,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
I found this recipe in one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. I love vintage cookbooks. I’ve finally got around to trying some of those recipes that are piled up in one of my filing cabinets.
This one was a hit. I didn’t even need to adjust the original recipe.
How to Make Easy Saucy Baked Chicken Legs
Ingredients for Saucy Baked Chicken Legs
3 to 4 pounds of chicken drumsticks
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
6 tablespoons steak sauce
2 tablespoons chili sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions for making easy baked chicken legs with sauce
1. You can either keep the skin on the chicken drumsticks or remove. Place drumsticks in a 13″ x 9″ baking pan in a single layer on top of parchment paper.
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour mixture over drumsticks and toss to coat.
3. Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees. Halfway through the baking time, flip the chicken legs over to make sure you have a nice even color on both sides.
The chicken is ready when the juices run clear when pierced.
Serves 6 to 8 people.
Printable Version Baked Chicken Legs with Sauce
Easy Saucy Baked Chicken Legs are the perfect weeknight family-friendly recipe that's quick to make and is a yummy drumstick marninade. Kids love this recipe!
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken legs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- You can either keep the skin on the chicken drumsticks or remove. Place chiken legs in a single layer in a 9" x 13" pan on top of parchment paper.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Pour mixture over chicken drumsticks and toss to coat.
- Baked uncovered for 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees. Halfway through the baking time, flip the chicken legs over to make sure you have a nice even color on both sides. The chicken is ready when the juices run clear when pierced.
Amount Per Serving Calories 553Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 288mgSodium 954mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 55g
Tips for making Saucy Baked Chicken Legs
1) Make sure you place parchment paper or foil down on your pan. The maple syrup will create a sticky mess if you don’t.
I had to learn this little nugget the hard way!
2) For a little color, sprinkle some minced fresh chives or parsley on the chicken drumsticks before serving.
Best side dishes for Saucy Baked Chicken Legs
One of my favorite things to serve with this dish is potato salad. A close second is macaroni salad.
Some other things you can serve with Baked Chicken Drumsticks are: macaroni and cheese, green beans, roasted potatoes, quinoa, or broccoli.
Here’s a yummy recipe for Lemon Baked Noodles you can make as a side dish for these oven fried chicken legs.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this recipe and I would love to hear about the side dishes you tried with Saucy Baked Chicken Legs.
Thank you so much for dropping by!