Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe is such an easy and delicious that I stumbled upon that I had to share it with you. It’s the perfect recipe to take to a potluck or to serve those picky eaters at home. Who doesn’t love chicken salad?
“Chicken salad has a certain glamour about it. Like the little black dress, it is chic an adaptable anywhere.” – Laurie Colwin, ‘Home Cooking’ (1988)
Recently, I went back to my hometown in the midwest. I hadn’t been back there in over 20 years. What I couldn’t believe was that not only was it as good as I remembered, it was even better. Quaint shops and homes lined the streets.
I was told to go to a tea room because the menu and food was amazing. It was. Of course, I ordered the chicken salad on a croissant because I love them so much.
Everything at this restaurant delicious. They wouldn’t give out any of their recipes – ‘top secret,’ of course.
When I got home I dove into my recipe collection and tried a few different ones. I stumbled upon this one in the Longaberger Fresh from the Pantry – Recipes for Every Day.
Yes that Longaberger – the one that makes handmade baskets. This recipe is from the restaurant they have on property. It’s quite good. In the book, they said this recipe alone is worth the price of the book because it’s their most requested recipe.
Here’s the Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe;
Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup relish
- 2 tablespoons, minced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds chopped cooked chicken (4 cups)
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, onion, sugar, honey, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the pecans, celery, and chicken.
- Place in refrigerator, covered and chill.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or in croissants.
Tips to make Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe:
1) To make toasted pecans, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on them, they can burn easily.
2) You can substitute pecans with cashews.
3) Chicken salad is always fun to add some fruit to like blueberries or cut-up grapes.
4) Serve with potato chips so you can scoop up the chicken salad that escapes out of the croissant.
We’ve reached the end of Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe. I hope try it and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Thanks for dropping by!