Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe is such an easy and delicious that I stumbled upon that I had to share it with you. It’s the perfect recipe to take to a potluck or to serve those picky eaters at home. Who doesn’t love chicken salad?
“Chicken salad has a certain glamour about it. Like the little black dress, it is chic and adaptable anywhere.” – Laurie Colwin, “Home Cooking” (1988)
Laurie Colwin has it right. Chicken salad can be a quick lunch that you put together for your kids at the last minute, yet be the centerpiece of a fancy luncheon.
Recently, I went back to my hometown in the midwest. I hadn’t been back there in over 20 years. What I couldn’t believe was that not only was it as good as I remembered, it was even better. Quaint shops and homes lined the streets.
I was told to go to a tea room because the menu and food was amazing. It was. Of course, I ordered the chicken salad on a croissant because I love them so much.
Everything at this restaurant delicious. They wouldn’t give out any of their recipes – ‘top secret,’ of course.
When I got home I dove into my recipe collection and tried a few different ones. I stumbled upon this one in the Longaberger Fresh from the Pantry – Recipes for Every Day.
Yes that Longaberger – the one that makes handmade baskets. This their original recipe is from the restaurant they had on property. In their cookbook, they said this recipe alone is worth the price of the book because it’s their most requested recipe.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you clicked on this post for Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 67,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s the Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe
Honey Pecan Chicken Salad Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sweet relish
2 tablespoons minced onions
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
3/4 cup celery, chopped fine
1 1/2 pounds shredded cooked chicken (approximately 4 cups)
How to Make Pecan Honey Chicken Salad
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, relish, onion, sugar, honey, pepper, and salt together.
- Combine chicken, toasted pecans, and celery with they mayonnaise mixture. Mix well for best results.
- Place the chicken salad in your refrigerator, covered and chill overnight.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, in croissants or a sturdy favorite bread.
Printable Recipe Honey Pecan Chicken Salad with Nutrition Facts
Honey Pecan Chicken Salad is a recipe I stumbled upon in the Longeraberger cookbook, Yes, the famous company that makes Longeraberger baskets. This was their most requested recipe from their restaurant.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded cooked chicken (approximately 4 cups)
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, onion, sugar, honey, pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the toasted pecans, celery, and chicken.
- Place your chicken salad in the refrigerator, covered and chill.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or in croissants.
1. To make the toasted pecans, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
2. You can substitute pecans with cashews.
3. It's always fun to add fresh blueberries or chopped grapes to the chicken salad.
4. Serve with potato chips so you can scoop up the chicken salad that falls out of the croissant.
Amount Per Serving Calories 644Total Fat 52gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 122mgSodium 902mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 29g
Tips for Making Honey Pecan Chicken Salad
- To make toasted pecans, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on them, they can burn easily.
- You can substitute pecans with cashews.
- Adding blueberries, pomegranate seeds, or cut-up red grapes and green grapes to your chicken salad is always a fun alternative.
- Serve with potato chips so you can scoop up the chicken salad that escapes out of the croissant.
- There are two camps of how people like their chicken salad. In one camp are the people that like the chicken shredded. In the other camp are the folks that like their chicken chopped. I’m obviously in the shredded camp. If you like your chicken salad chunky, then by all means chop up your chicken instead of shredding it.
- Use rotisserie chicken to save on prep time.
- You can substitute black pepper for white pepper.
How long does this Chicken Salad with Honey last in the refrigerator?
When properly sealed, Honey Pecan Chicken Salad will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze this Honey Chicken Salad recipe?
This recipe contains mayonnaise, which doesn’t freeze well. After freezing, the mayonnaise can taste different and have a different texture.
We’ve reached the end of the Pecan Honey Chicken Salad Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this easy honey pecan chicken salad recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Please pin this pecan chicken salad recipe below on your chicken board on Pinterest, so that you can refer back to it again.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!
More Great Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Saucy Baked Chicken Legs
- Skillet Chicken Sausage with Apples
- Balsamic Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth Recipe
- Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning Mix
- What to Eat for Dinner When Short on Time!