Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe is so good, you’re going to want rolls on hand to sop up every drop of the yummy dressing. You can’t go wrong with this easy salad recipe!
The combination of leafy green lettuce, red onion, toasted pecans, and mandarin oranges tossed with raspberry vinaigrette will make your taste buds sing.
When we add more greens to our diet, we all know it’s better for us. Salads are an easy way to make sure you get them daily. You just have to find the recipes you love – and I think this is one of them.
Inspiration for this recipe came from the Big Book of Home Cooking from Gooseberry Patch. I modified the recipe a bit.
“A well-made salad must have a certain uniformity; it should make perfect sense for those ingredients to share a bowl.”Yotam Ottolenghi
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for Mandarin Orange Salad, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 61,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Interesting Facts About Mandarin Oranges
- According to Justfunfacts.com, mandarin oranges were strictly reserved for the privileged class in the Far East. These oranges were named after the orange robes worn by the Mandarins. They were the public officials of the ancient Chinese court.
Here’s the Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe:
Ingredients for Mandarin Orange Salad
4 cups green leaf lettuce, chopped
15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup olive oil
Directions for Making Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
1) Combine chopped lettuce, mandarin oranges, toasted pecan pieces, and red onion in a large bowl.
2) Add the raspberry vinegar, raspberry jam, coriander, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend. Then slowly pour in the olive oil on low speed until blended.
3) Toss the salad with the desired amount of salad dressing and serve.
Printable Version Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 15 oz can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Combine chopped lettuce, Mandarin oranges, toasted pecan pieces, and chopped red onion in a large bowl.
- Add the raspberry vinegar, raspberry jam, coriander, salt, and pepper to a blender and mix together. Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil on low speed until blended.
- Toss the salad with the desired amount of salad dressing and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 387Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 0mgSodium 247mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 3gSugar 15gProtein 2g
Tips for making this salad
- You can substitute the raspberry vinegar for another vinegar, but it won’t have the same taste. It’s worth the effort to have a bottle of raspberry vinegar on hand.
2. Liquid aminos is a great substitute for salt. I use it to replace salt in all my liquid recipes.
How to Toast Pecans in the Oven
Toasting nuts for your salad is worth the extra time it takes. It brings out a rich flavor that adds so much to salads.
Simply toast your pecans at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Keep your eye on them because they burn easily.
How long will Raspberry Vinaigrette last in the refrigerator?
When stored properly, raspberry vinaigrette will last 3-4 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
That brings us to the end of the mandarin orange salad recipe. As you can see, it’s pretty easy. Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and what you thought.
Don’t forget to join our Creating a Cozy Life Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Thanks for stopping by!