The Best Honey French Salad Dressing recipe is easy to make, and will make you crave more greens. The secret behind every great salad is the salad dressing. We all deserve to eat delicious food, and this dressing, with its sweet flavors is a perfect addition to your loved recipes.
“The perfect dressing is essential to the perfect salad, and I see no reason whatsoever for using a bottled dressing, which may have been sitting on the grocery shelf for weeks, even months – even years.”Julia Child
Julia Child has a point. Making your own salad dressing takes minutes, and the fresh flavor will set your salads apart. They are so much better than store-bought salad dressings. The sweetness of the honey makes this salad dressing perfect.
I love using raw honey in my recipes. If you’ve never tried raw honey, you can find it here on Amazon. Regular honey can also be used for this recipe.
History of Honey French Salad Dressing
Did you assume that French salad dressing originally came from France? So did I.
French Salad Dressing was created right here in the good old USA.
French dressing was a term for dressings made of parts oil and part vinegar. A little company you probably never heard of…Kraft…started bottling salad dressings, and their first creation was the French salad dressing that we have all come to know and love. It’s one of those great recipes that is so easy to make at home and transforms a simple salad.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe on how to make Honey French Salad Dressing, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 114,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s How to Make Honey French Salad Dressing
Ingredients for Honey French Salad Dressing
1/2 cup honey (I use raw honey)
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
3/4 cup olive oil
Directions for Making Honey French Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blend.
- Once blended, add the olive oil to the blender on the low speed in a slow steady stream. Process until all of the olive oil is combined. Sample the dressing and add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Add it to your favorite salad blend and enjoy!
So go ahead and try it. I’m sure the next time you make it, you will double the recipe and become a staple in your home. With a salad dressing like this, you will be eating more greens in no time. Make sure you use a good olive oil in the recipe.
Try drizzling this dressing over avocados or raw veggies. A friend likes to dip her French fries in this classic vinaigrette. Yum!
Printable Version of Honey French Dressing with Daily Values
Best Honey French Salad Dressing recipe is easy to make and it will make you crave more salad because of how yummy it is! The secret behind every great salad is the salad dressing.
- 1/2 cup honey (I used raw honey)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
- 3/4 olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blend.
- Once blened, add the olive oil to the blender on low speed in a slow steady stream. Process until all of the oiive oil is combined.
Amount Per Serving Calories 91Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 473mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 0gSugar 20gProtein 0g
Tips for Making Classic French Salad Dressing
- Coconut aminos are an excellent substitute for salt.
- Make sure you use apple cider vinegar with the “mother.” It has numerous health benefits. We could all be a healthier, don’t you think?
- You can substitute red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, and white balsamic vinegar for apple cider vinegar.
- Make homemade to sop up every drop of dressing at the bottom of the bowl.
- You can use a food processor instead of a blender.
- In addition to using this recipe as a green salad dressing, you can use it as a dip for raw vegetables.
How long does Easy French Dressing Recipe last in the refrigerator?
This classic French bistro salad dressing will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container.
How to Make a Composed Salad
We’ve reached the end of Honey French Salad Dressing. I hope you enjoyed this great recipe.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and what you thought. What is your favorite type of dressing?
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
I created a pin below this classic French vinaigrette for you to add to your Pinterest board to refer back to the recipe.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so happy you found us.
More Simple Salads and Vinaigrette Recipes
- Grandma’s Famous Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw
- Rustic Bread Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes
- How to Make a Cucumber Salad
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- The Best Salad Toppings to Try