The Best Honey French Salad Dressing recipe is easy to make and it will make you crave more greens. The secret behind every great salad is the salad dressing.
History of French Salad Dressing
Did you assume that French salad dressing originally came from France? So did I.
French dressing used to be a term for dressings made of oil and vinegar. A little company you probably never heard of…Kraft…started bottling salad dressings and their first creation was the French salad dressing that we have all come to know and love.
So…French Salad Dressing was created right here in the good old USA.
“The perfect dressing is essential to the perfect salad, and I see no reason whatsoever for using a bottled dressing, which may have been sitting on the grocery shelf for weeks, even months – even years.”Julia Child
Julia Child has a point. Making your own salad dressing literally takes minutes and the fresh flavor will set your salads apart. The sweetness of the honey of makes this salad dressing perfect.
I love using raw honey in my recipes. If you’ve never tried raw honey, you can find it here on Amazon. Regular honey can be used for this recipe also.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe on how to make Honey French Salad Dressing, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 61,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s How to Make Honey French Salad Dressing
Ingredients for Honey French Salad Dressing
1/2 cup honey (I use raw honey)
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
3/4 cup olive oil
Directions for Making Honey French Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blend.
- Once blended, add the olive oil to the blender on the low speed in a slow steady stream. Process until all of the olive oil is combined.
So go ahead and try it. I’m pretty sure the next time you make it, you will double the recipe and it will become a staple in your home. With a salad dressing like this, you will be eating more greens in no time. Also try drizzling this dressing over avocados. Yum!
Printable Version of Honey French Dressing
- 1/2 cup honey (I used raw honey)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
- 3/4 olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blend.
- Once blened, add the olive oil to the blender on low speed in a slow steady stream. Process until all of the oiive oil is combined.
Amount Per Serving Calories 91Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 473mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 0gSugar 20gProtein 0g
Tips for Making Homemade French Salad Dressing
- Liquid Aminos is a wonderful substitute for salt. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos is a certified NON-GMO liquid protein derived from soybeans.
- Make sure you use apple cider vinegar with the “mother.” It has numerous health benefits. We could all be a little bit more healthy, don’t you think?
Here’s Even More Salad Dressings to Try:
- Grandma’s Famous Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw
- Rustic Bread Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes
- How to Make a Cucumber Salad
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette