Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing is the best homemade recipe using real strawberries. It makes every salad taste amazing! This easy recipe is made with fresh strawberries, raspberry vinegar, brown sugar, and fresh lemon juice.
You’re going to love me after you make this recipe. I think we are going to be besties.
Why? Because this homemade strawberry salad dressing is the bomb. (I say this ever-so-humbly!)
Finding amazing recipes takes a lifetime. Unless you come to Montana Happy. I will tell you when I find one of those “unicorn recipes” that are simply perfect.
This is one of them.
Why buy bottled salad dressing when you can make your own in just minutes with fresh ingredients?
If you’re looking for a salad dressing without gluten, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
This fresh strawberry salad dressing has five simple ingredients. Make sure you buy organic strawberries. You want to make sure your ingredients are healthy and yummy.
I love making recipes that are good enough for company, yet easy enough to make for your family. This recipe is perfect for both.
We all need to eat more salads; this dressing is the perfect way to encourage you to eat even more. You don’t need dessert after tasting this dressing because it will satisfy your sweet tooth.
One of my dogs has a thing for salads. She would rather eat salads than anything else (I have yet to learn where that came from.)
Whenever I pull out the greens, she starts dancing away, knowing that a bowl of greens is coming her way. With this strawberry dressing salad recipe, I do the same dance.
You’ll have to taste it for yourself to see if it’s as good as I say.
“Be sure to buy organic versions of the ‘dirty dozen:’ the fruits and vegetables that, when grown conventionally, are loaded with pesticides and chemicals: Grapes apples, lettuce, bell peppers, carrots, nectarines, peaches, strawberries, pears, kale, and celery.”Suzanne Somers
Tips for making restaurant-quality salads
- You”ll want a mixture of the types of leafy greens you use in your salad. It gives your salads a variety of textures and flavors. (And we all love a flavorful salad, don’t we?)
- Use fresh herbs whenever possible. I’m a chive girl. Chives and salad go together in my book. There are so many other herbs that will add flavor. Examples of these herbs are basil, cilantro, Italian parsley, dill, and tarragon.
- Chef Michael Smith says that one of the most essential elements of a good salad is the crunch factor, and I’m inclined to agree with him. Whether you top your salad with croutons, sunflower seeds, nuts, fried onions, or another favorite – adding a crunchy texture is a must.
- Adding a variety of colors to your salad will not only make it look beautiful, but having a variety of fruits and vegetables will give it a nutritional boost.
- A salad can go from a side dish to your main meal by adding protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper are perfect for seasoning your salad.
- Use in-season ingredients for a more flavorful salad.
- For more information on the Different Types of Lettuce and Uses, I wrote an article about it.
Choosing the right strawberries
If possible, you want to buy strawberries from a farmer’s market. Why? Because conventional growers have to pick their strawberries before they are ripe to ship them without damage or to have them go moldy before reaching their destination.
When you pick strawberries before they ripen, they don’t get any sweeter. You don’t get the amazing taste of a fresh strawberry in season.
Frozen strawberries are sweeter than out-of-season strawberries.
You’ll want to avoid choosing strawberries that have white or green tops, bruised, moldy spots, or shriveled.
How to store fresh strawberries
Pick through your strawberries and discard bruised or moldy fruit. You’ll want to enclose your container of strawberries in a paper bag. Enclosing your strawberries ensures they don’t dry out.
Store your fresh strawberries in the refrigerator for up to three days.
When ready to use your strawberries, rinse them with cold water and pat them dry.
If you hate wasting food as much as I do, I wrote an article on what to do with leftover strawberry stems.
How long does this fresh strawberry salad dressing last in the refrigerator?
Homemade strawberry salad dressing will last 3-5 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Interesting Facts About Strawberries
- Learning new things about the food we eat is one of my hobbies. I always find such interesting information. Sharing tidbits on what I’ve learned is now added to my recipes.
- In the late 18th century, the first garden strawberry was grown in Brittany, France. Before that, people just ate wild strawberries – according to Wikipedia.
- The exact origin of the name “strawberry” is unknown. It is thought that the name came from a combination of “strewn berry,” which is about the strawberry having runners and the strawberries being “strewn” about the ground.
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamin c, folate, magnesium, and potassium. Any recipe that includes using fresh strawberries is a winner in my book. One serving of strawberries has more vitamin C than an orange.
- Did you know that strawberries are the only fruit that has seeds on the outside of themselves? Neither did I. Now, we both know.
- The average strawberry has 200 seeds. That’s a lot of seeds!
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family. Now I know why I love them so much.
- According to the Florida Strawberry Growing Association, 94% of US households make strawberries part of their diets. That’s a lot of strawberry lovers!
Cozy Living Group
Since you clicked on this post for this strawberry salad dressing recipe, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 119,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
How to make Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing Recipe
Ingredients for Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing
1 cup fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Instructions for making Recipe for Strawberry Salad Dressing
Place strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Use immediately, or store in a Mason jar in the refrigerator.
Tips to making Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- If you have a hard time finding raspberry vinegar, I found mine on Amazon. You can find it here.
- You can use this creamy strawberry salad dressing for fruit salad. Put together a bowl of your favorite fruit and toss with this yummy dressing.
- White wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or balsamic vinegar can replace raspberry vinegar.
- This salad dressing would be perfect in a strawberry spinach salad with goat cheese and chopped red onions.
- For best results, this salad dressing will taste better if you use in-season strawberries or frozen strawberries.
- This strawberry stem remover on Amazon gets great reviews.
How to Keep Fresh Strawberries Longer
We’ve reached the end of the Best Strawberry Salad Dressing. I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know in the comments below how you liked the recipe. It will become one of your favorite dressings.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
At the bottom of the post, you’ll find a pin for you to add to your Pinterest salad board to refer back to the recipe.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so happy you found us.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Grape Salad Recipe
- Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- How to Make Cucumber Salad
- Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- The Best Blue Cheese Dressing
- The Best Salad Toppings to Try!
Here’s the printable recipe card for Strawberry Vinaigrette
Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing is the best homemade recipe using real strawberries. It makes every salad taste amazing!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place the strawberries, raspberry vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, and lemon juice in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Amount Per Serving Calories 44Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 0g