The BEST Lasagna Soup is an easy recipe that everyone will love. It has all the flavor of classic lasagna, but it is so much easier to make. Pair this soup with a salad, and you have the perfect meal on a chilly night.
Who doesn’t love a hearty hot bowl of soup?
Lasagna soup is a wonderful twist on the classic Italian dish that combines all the rich flavors of traditional lasagna in a comforting soup. This delicious combination features tender noodles, seasoned ground beef, Italian sausage, tomato sauce, and layers of melted cheese.
With each spoonful, you’ll savor the aromatic herbs that will bring you to Italy. The soup is garnished with fresh basil and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Lasagna soup offers the perfect balance of warmth, comfort, and deliciousness.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for homemade lasagna soup, I’m guessing you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life group with over 121,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, photos of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cottage.
Here’s How to Make Lasagna Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 chopped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
24 ounce jar marinara sauce
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 ounces lasagna noodles (break into smaller pieces)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent for about 7 minutes.
Stir in garlic and sauté for one minute. Add beef, Italian sausage, oregano, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Break up the meat and cook until done. (Make sure there are no pink spots left.) Drain grease.
Stir in marinara sauce, chicken broth, and heavy cream and bring to a boil. (The soup will look thin at this point, but the noodles will soak up the extra liquid after cooking.)
Once the soup is boiling, add the lasagna noodles and cook until tender. Turn down the heat to medium. The noodles will take about 10-15 minutes to cook.
Remove the soup from the heat and add in the parmesan and mozzarella cheese until they are melted.
Serve the lasagna soup in bowls and top with fresh basil.
This delicious lasagna soup is so easy to make and has the same flavor as a pan of lasagna without all the hassel.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (break into smaller pieces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for one minute. Add the ground beef, Italian sausage, oregano, dried basil, dried parsly, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Break up the meat and cook until done. (Make sure there are no pink spots.) Drain grease.
- Stir in marinara sauce, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil. (The soup will look thin at this point, but remember that the noodles will soak up the broth after cooking.)
- Once the soup is boiling, add in the lasagna noodles and cook until tender. Turn the heat down to medium. The noodles will take about 10-15 minutes to cook.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add in the parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese until they are melted.
- Serve and top with fresh basil.
Amount Per Serving Calories 641Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 117mgSodium 2408mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 35g
Tips for Making Lasagna Soup
- I found this recipe on Rao’s website. I made some alterations to the spice mixture because it needed more spices. The marinara sauce you use for this soup will have an impact on taste. I used the Rao brand.
- Make sure you taste the noodles before you’re done. You want to make sure they are tender.
- I use a little water and put the lid back on the jarred marinara. Give it a good shake and add it to your soup so you don’t waste a drop.
- Serve this delicious soup recipe with a side salad for a complete meal.
We’ve reached the end of the Best Lasagna Soup recipe. I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and what you thought.
Be sure to join that Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
I created a lasagna soup pin below for you to add to your Pinterest soup board to refer back to this recipe.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so happy you found us.
More Delicious Soup Recipes You’ll Love!!
- Restaurant Style Creamy Tomato Soup
- How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Caramelized Cream of Onion Soup
- Creamy Asparagus Potato Soup
- Must-Try Soup Toppings and Garnishes
- Creamy Chicken Zucchini Soup
- Turkey Egg Noodle Soup
- Leftover Turkey Chili Recipe
- Creamy Chicken White Chili
- The Best Creamy Sweet Potato Soup