Greek Quinoa Salad is an amazing healthy salad that your entire family will love. This salad is made with quinoa, Kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese with a red wine vinaigrette.
I was looking for a yummy way to use quinoa (I’m a little late to the quinoa party.) The base of this recipe was found online and everyone loved it.
I made it and I thought it needed a little doctoring. This is the end result. When I find a recipe I like, I become a little obsessed with it. I’ve made it four times so far in the last two weeks.
What I love about quinoa is how inexpensive it is and a little goes a long way. You can find organic quinoa on Amazon.
Fun Facts About Quinoa
Quinoa is high in protein and is also gluten-free. It also has all nine essential amino acids. Other benefits of quinoa is that it’s high in fiber, B vitamins, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, Vitamin E and phosphorus.
To say quinoa is good for you is an understatement. Finding the perfect recipe to enhance the taste of quinoa will make including it in your diet even easier.
Since you found this recipe for Greek Quinoa Salad, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 70,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Is Quinoa gluten-free?
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain, but it is grown and harvested with wheat, rye, and barley.
Is Quinoa low carb?
For every 1/2 cup serving of quinoa, it has 20 grams of carbohydrate.
How to Make Fluffy Quinoa Every Time:
Make sure you cook the quinoa uncovered until the quinoa has absorbed all the broth.
Remove the quinoa from the heat and add a cover. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Is Greek Quinoa Salad Good for You?
Yes it is. This healthy salad is the perfect mixture of healthy vegetables, fats and a very healthy grain. Quinoa is often referred to as a supergrain.
The Inca Empire referred to quinoa as the “mother of all grains.”
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for Greek Quinoa Salad, I’m guessing you love all things cozy living. I created a group called Creating a Cozy Life on Facebook with over 70,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, things the leave you in awe, and how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cottage.
Here’s How to Make Quinoa Greek Salad:
Greek Quinoa Salad Ingredients
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup English cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1 lemon, halved
salt and pepper
How to Make Greek Quinoa Salad:
1) Add the chicken broth and quinoa to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the broth. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
3) Place quinoa in medium-sized bowl, and set aside to cool. Approximately 10 minutes.
4) Mix together the cherry tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, red onions,Kalamata olives, feta cheese, olive oil, vinegar and garlic with quinoa.
5) Squeeze lemon halves over the salad mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat quinoa throughly.
6) Chill in refrigerator for one hour. Serve.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon, halved
- salt and pepper
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth and quinoa to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the broth. This will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Place the quinoa in a medium-sized bowl, and set aside to cool. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon halves over the salad mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat quinoa throughly.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour. Serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 265Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 19mgSodium 818mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 7g
Tips for Making Greek Quinoa Salad:
1) If you want to add more garlic flavor to the dish, mix the chopped garlic with the olive oil and let it marinate for a couple of of hours before making the dish.
2) For a nuttier flavor, toast the quinoa in a dry pan for 5-10 minutes before adding the broth. Make sure you keep an eye on the quinoa, it can easily burn. Make sure you stir the quinoa.
3) You can substitute cilantro or other fresh herbs for parsley if you prefer the taste.
4) I like to finish my salad with smoked sea salt. If you haven’t tried it, you don’t know what you’re missing. You can find my favorite smoked sea salt here.
5) Other ideas on what to add to Mediterranean Quinoa Salad:
- garbanzo beans
- chopped red peppers
- artichoke hearts
- green onions
- white beans
- brown rice
- grilled chicken – for a complete protein
- fresh avocado
- toasted pine nuts
- fresh spinach
How long will Healthy Greek Quinoa Salad last in the fridge?
Quinoa will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Instead of making a big batch with all the vegetables, you can just dress the quinoa with the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and red wine vinegar.
Add the rest of the ingredients when you’re ready to eat the dish again so it tastes fresh.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it. Let me know what your favorite way to eat quinoa is.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Thanks for stopping by!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Honey Chicken Pecan Salad
- Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- How to Make a Cucumber Salad