Old-Fashioned Skillet Country Ham Steak Recipe is the perfect recipe the entire family will love and ask for on a regular basis.
“I believe everything is energy. I believe that the meal you serve yourself, you prepare, is energy. And if you serve it to your family, it’s your gift of energy to them.” – Maya Angelou
How do I know your family will be asking for it over and over again? It’s because this is a recipe that has been in my family for over 40 years.
Everyone that is served this simple recipe asks for it because it is that good. If you don’t believe me, take a look at the comments.
The reasons why this ham steak recipe gets so many good reviews is because not only is it delicious, but it’s really easy to make.
My mom always served this recipe with a side of macaroni and cheese and applesauce. Doesn’t that make your mouth water?
Since you love old-fashioned recipes, I’m guessing you enjoy all things cozy. Am I right? I have a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 1,400 like-minded souls. It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
1) You can use Prepared mustard instead of Dijon.
2) It’s great paired with green beans and mashed potatoes.
Here’s the super-simple Old-Fashioned Country Ham Steak Recipe:
Old-Fashioned Country Ham Steak
- 1 pound ham slice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in skillet and add ham, cooking until brown on both sides approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove ham steak from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients; water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika to the pan and cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately five minutes.
- Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook approximately five more minutes with caramelized glaze.
- Serve hot and expect rave reviews!
Please let me know in the comments below if you made the recipe and how you liked it! Make sure you sign up to receive new posts. Everyone that does will receive my most requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. This recipe is truly one-of-a-kind!
If you liked this post, please share on social media. Thanks for stopping by!