Old-Fashioned Skillet Country Ham Steak Recipe is the perfect recipe the entire family will love and ask for on a regular basis.
How do I know your family will be asking for it over and over again? It’s because this is a recipe that has been in my family for over 40 years.
Everyone that is served this simple recipe asks for it because it is that good. If you don’t believe me, take a look at the comments.
The reasons why this ham steak recipe gets so many good reviews is because not only is it delicious, but it’s really easy to make.
I get a lot of comments from men, just learning to cook that say that this ham steak dinner makes them look like they are kitchen rock stars!
My mom always made a ham steak dinner with a side of macaroni and cheese and applesauce. Doesn’t that make your mouth water?
Since you like to cook, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 6,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
This recipe is just one of the things to do with ham steak. I will be putting a few more ham steak recipe ideas on my blog in the future.
What are Ham Steaks?
You can find ham steaks in the refrigerated section of the grocery store in the meat department. They come already sliced and wrapped.
Costco has a package of three ham steaks together for one low price.
Ham steaks are cut from the center of cured ham. They range in thickness from 3/4″ to 1″.
How long do Ham Steaks last once they are cooked?
Ham steaks will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. I doubt that you’ll have any leftovers though!
Ingredients for the Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Steak Recipe:
1 pound ham slice
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
How to cook ham steaks?
1) Melt butter in the skillet and add ham. Cook until brown on both sides. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.)
2) Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm.
3) Add the remaining ingredients to the pan (water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.) Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes.
4) Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze.
5) Serve hot and expect raving reviews!
Here’s the super-simple Old-Fashioned Country Ham Steak Recipe:
- 1 pound ham slice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in the large skillet and add ham. Cook until brown on both sides. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.)
- Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan (water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.) Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze.
- Serve hot and expect raving reviews!
What to Serve with Ham Steak:
1) Macaroni and cheese.
2) Mashed potatoes.
3) Green beans.
Tips for Making Glazed Ham Steak:
1) You can substitute regular mustard for Dijon mustard.
Here are some fun rustic cookbooks I found on Amazon:
Please let me know in the comments below what your favorite ways to make ham steak recipes for dinner.
Make sure you sign up to receive new posts so you don’t miss out on a single recipe.
If you liked this post, please share on social media. Thanks for stopping by!