Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Steak Recipe is the perfect recipe the entire family will love and ask for on a regular basis. This easy recipe is made with ham steak, butter, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.
How do I know your family will be asking for it over and over again? It’s because this is a recipe that has been in my family for over 40 years.
My mom did a two-week rotation of food. This recipe for a ham steak dinner was on the rotation. It was hands down my favorite meal.
The ham slice glaze is what makes this recipe a real winner. Brown sugar and mustard together are an amazing combination.
Everyone that is served this simple dish asks for a copy of the recipe because it is that good.
When people search for the best way to cook ham slices, if they just so happen to stumble across this recipe – it turns out to be a very good thing.
The reasons why this ham steak recipe gets so many good reviews is because not only is it delicious, but it’s really easy to make.
I get a lot of comments from men, just learning to cook that say that this ham steak dinner makes them look like they are kitchen rock stars!
My mom always made a ham slice dinner with a side of macaroni and cheese and applesauce. Doesn’t that make your mouth water?
This recipe is just one of ideas for cooking ham slices. I will be putting a few more ham recipes on my blog in the future.
Brown Sugar Glaze for Ham Steak:
The ham steak sauce is made of brown sugar, water, butter, Dijon mustard, and paprika. You might want to make extra if you serve the ham steak with mashed potatoes. You can drizzle the glaze over the side dish. Yum!
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this ham steak recipe, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 64,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
What is Ham Steak?
You can find ham steaks in the refrigerated section of the grocery store in the meat department. They come already sliced and wrapped.
Costco has a package of three ham steaks together for one low price.
Ham steaks are cut from the center of cured ham. They range in thickness from 3/4″ to 1″.
How long do Ham Steaks last once they are cooked?
Ham steaks will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. I doubt that you’ll have any leftovers though!
Here’s the Brown Sugar Ham Steak Recipe:
Ingredients for the Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Steak Recipe:
1 pound ham slice
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
How to cook ham steak?
1) Melt butter in the skillet and add ham. Cook until brown on both sides. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.)
2) Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm.
3) Add the remaining ingredients to the pan (water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.) Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes.
4) Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze.
5) Serve hot and expect raving reviews!
Here’s How to Make Ham Steak Recipe:
- 1 pound ham slice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in the large skillet and add ham. Cook until brown on both sides. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.)
- Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan (water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.) Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze.
- Serve hot and expect raving reviews!
Tips for making Glazed Ham Steak:
1) You can substitute regular mustard for Dijon mustard.
What to Serve with Ham Steak:
1) Macaroni and cheese.
Macaroni and cheese is one of the most perfect ham sides. They seem to go together like salt and pepper.
Maybe I think that way because that’s one of the side dishes that was served with my country ham slice when I was growing up.
2) Mashed potatoes.
Mashed potatoes add a nice balance to the sweetness of the sauce for ham slices.
3) Green beans.
When you’re done cooking the ham in the skillet, you can use the same pan to make your side of green beans. You can put your fried ham steak in the oven to warm until they are done.
Applesauce pairs well with any ham slice meals. Whether you have your own homemade applesauce or buy your favorite brand, applesauce add a little “wow” factor to your dish.
The brown sugar ham will go well with rustic soups.
6) Side Salad
A side salad is a healthy option when deciding what to make with ham. It would be fun to serve a different type of salad that mirrored the season you’re serving it.
Here are some fun rustic cookbooks I found on Amazon:
We’ve reached the end of Country Skillet Ham Slice Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked the Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Slice.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Pin this ham recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest. Let your friends know who are looking for recipes that you found one that your family liked!
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!
Related Posts to Ham Steak Recipe:
- Best Turkey Brine Recipe on Earth
- Prize Winner Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
- Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Recipe
- Perfect Butter Herb Roasted Turkey