Creamy Grape Salad is one of those recipes you’ll keep in your family’s recipe box for generations to come. Made with grapes, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and pecans – this recipe will have taste buds dancing in no time.
Not only does this fantastic recipe taste great, but visually it’s a beautiful dessert. Whether you pick making a green grape salad or a red grape salad, or a combination of both – this dish will add a touch of heaven to your family meal.
It’s also the perfect dessert to take to a potluck because everyone will gobble it up!
My sister found this recipe because of a Podcast featuring a woman who started the Chicken Salad Chick franchise. The chain of restaurants has 146 stores as of writing this post, and it was founded in 2008.
This podcast interview was AMAZING. It featured Stacy Brown, the founder of Chicken Salad Chick on how she got her start. You can find that interview here.
She had been on a quest to find the perfect chicken salad recipe and realized that everyone had different tastes regarding this dish. She worked on creating the perfect recipe, recruiting family and friends to be taste testers.
After she found the chicken salad recipe that everyone agreed upon, Stacy started selling the chicken salad door-to-door. She then started her first restaurant with her husband in a teeny tiny storefront.
Her life is fascinating. She almost lost her restaurant to partners she had to join the business. At the eleventh hour, a miracle occurred, and she found someone else to buy them out.
What the heck does chicken salad have to do with this grape salad dessert? Everything.
After my sister heard the podcast, of course, she had to go to one of the restaurants and try the chicken salad. They had the chicken salad basic recipe, and then they had different flavors named after Stacy’s friends and family members.
The grape salad recipe was one of their side dishes or desserts – however, you want to look at it. One bite of that creamy goodness, and my sister had to have the recipe.
I didn’t change a thing with this recipe, except to cut it down to a reasonable-sized batch. The Chicken Salad Chick recipe was for a large crowd.
I hope you like it as much as we do.
Here’s some fun facts about grapes:
There’s something genuinely magical about grapes. Not only are they delicious all on their own, but they make wine too! It takes about 2 1/2 pounds of grapes to make a bottle of wine. How could you not love them?
1) Did you know these jewel-toned fruits are berries? Neither did I.
2) According to WebMD there are over 8,000 different varieties of grapes from 60 species. The two main types of grapes are American and European. You could spend your entire life learning about grapes. I wonder how I would get a job like that?
3) Have you ever tasted Concord grapes? They are so darn good. Last year I got super lucky because I saw on the NextDoor.com app that someone a couple of miles from me was selling organic concord grapes for $1 a pound. I bought 25 pounds from her and became the grape fairy to my friends.
This gorgeous grape was named Concord because it was developed in Concord, Massachusetts. This grape can survive colder climates.
4) Did you know “white” grapes actually are green grapes? The other colors grapes come in are black, red, pink, golden, and purple.
5) Grapes were brought to America by Spanish explorers 300 years ago.
6) One grape vine usually produces 40 clusters of grapes. One bunch of grapes contains 75 grapes on average. The vines can grow up to 50 feet long.
Creating a Cozy Life Group:
Since you clicked on a recipe for grape salad with cream cheese, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 22,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s How to Make Grape Salad:
Grape Salad Ingredients
2 pounds seedless red grapes
2 pounds seedless green grapes
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions for Making Grape Salad with Brown Sugar
1) Cut all the grapes in half. (Whole grapes are a choking hazard.)
2) In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and well-blended.
3) Fold in halved grapes to the cream cheese mixture. Mix throughly.
4) Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
5) When its time to serve the creamy grape salad, sprinkle the top with brown sugar and chopped pecans.
How Do You Make Grape Salad Printable Instructions:
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cut all the grapes in half. (Whole grapes are a chocking hazard.)
- In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and well-blended.
- Fold in halved grapes into cream cheese mixture. Mix throughly.
- Transfer mixture to a seving bowl and cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle the brown sugar and chopped pecans on top of the grape salad.
Tips for make the Best Grape Salad Recipe:
1) In this recipe, the pecans are raw but you can toast them for some added flavor.
2) You can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream.
3) Add chopped candy bars like Snickers or Heath bars for extra fun!
We’ve reached the end of Creamy Grape Salad Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.
Make sure you subscribe, so you don’t miss a post. You wouldn’t want to miss other recipes like Homemade Candied Ginger.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this easy grape salad.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Please pin this recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest, so you can refer back to it again and again.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!