Creamy Grape Salad is one of those recipes you’ll keep in your family’s recipe box for generations to come. This easy recipe has juicy grapes, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and crunchy pecans.
Not only does this fantastic recipe taste great, but visually it’s a beautiful dessert salad. Whether you pick making a green grape salad or red grape salad, or a combination of both, this dish will add a touch of heaven to your family meal.
It’s also the perfect dessert for a potluck or casual gatherings because everyone will gobble it up!
This delicious recipe is so versatile that it’s a perfect addition on a hot summer day or as a side dish for your holiday meal. It’s always a crowd pleaser.
My sister found this amazing creamy grape recipe because of a Podcast featuring a woman who started the Chicken Salad Chick franchise. The chain of restaurants has 146 stores as of writing this post, and it was founded in 2008.
This podcast interview was SO GOOD. It featured Stacy Brown, the founder of Chicken Salad Chick, on how she got her start. You can find that interview here.
She had been searching for the perfect chicken salad recipe and realized that everyone had different tastes regarding this dish. She worked on creating the perfect recipe, recruiting family and friends to be taste testers.
After finding the chicken salad recipe everyone agreed upon, Stacy started selling the chicken salad door-to-door. She then started her first restaurant with her husband in a tiny storefront.
Her life is fascinating. She almost lost her restaurant to partners she had to join the business. At the eleventh hour, a miracle occurred, and she found someone else to buy them out.
What does chicken salad have to do with this grape salad dessert? Everything.
After my sister heard the podcast, she immediately had to go to one of the restaurants and try the chicken salad. They had the basic chicken salad recipe and different flavors named after Stacy’s friends and family members.
The grape salad recipe was one of their side dishes or desserts – however, you want to look at it. After that first bite, my sister had to have the recipe with the perfect balance of creamy goodness and crisp grapes.
I didn’t change a thing with the original recipe except to cut it down to a reasonable-sized batch. The Chicken Salad Chick recipe was for a large crowd.
I hope you like it as much as we do.
Here’s some fun facts about grapes
There’s something genuinely magical about grapes. They are delicious on their own, and they make wine too! It takes about 2 1/2 pounds of grapes to make a bottle of wine. How could you not love them?
- Did you know these jewel-toned fruits are berries?
- According to WebMD there are over 8,000 varieties of grapes from 60 species. The two main types of grapes are American and European. You could spend your entire life learning about grapes.
- Did you know “white” grapes are actually green grapes? The other colors of grapes are black, red, pink, golden, and purple.
- Grapes were brought to America by Spanish explorers 300 years ago.
- One grape vine usually produces 40 clusters of grapes. One bunch of grapes contains 75 grapes on average. The vines can grow up to 50 feet long.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you clicked on a recipe for grape salad with cream cheese, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 123,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s How to Make Grape Salad:
Grape Salad Ingredients
2 pounds seedless red grapes
2 pounds seedless green grapes
1 package softened 8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions for Making Grape Salad with Brown Sugar
1) Wash and cut all the seedless grapes in half. (Whole grapes are a choking hazard.) Dry grapes off with a paper towel.
2) In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and well-blended. It will have the consistency of a creamy dressing.
3) Fold in halved grapes to the cream cheese mixture. Mix throughly.
4) Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
5) When its time to serve this amazing creamy grape salad, sprinkle the top of the salad with brown sugar and chopped pecans.
Tips for make the Best Grape Salad Recipe:
- In this recipe, the pecan pieces are raw, but you can make toasted pecans for some added flavor and a bit of crunch. You can also try candied pecans instead.
- Chopped walnuts can be substituted for pecans. You can also toast the walnut pieces for your grape salad topping.
- You can substitute plain Greek yogurt for sour cream.
- Add chopped candy bars like Snickers or Heath bars for extra fun!
- You can substitute low-fat cream cheese for full-fat cream cheese.
- Serve this easy fruit salad recipe at your Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter meal.
How long will this Recipe for Grape Salad last in the refrigerator?
This Southern Grape Salad will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. Fresh grapes will become watery and mushy in time, so it’s best to eat this dish immediately.
Can you freeze this creamy fruit salad recipe?
Dairy doesn’t freeze well. It becomes grainy when defrosted. I wouldn’t recommend freezing this grape salad.
FAQ About Recipe for Grape Salad
Is grape salad a healthy option?
To make a healthier grape salad, you can consider using a lighter dressing, such as Greek yogurt mixed with a small amount of honey or maple syrup.
Can grape salad be made in advance?
Yes, grape salad can be made in advance, but it’s best to do so no more than a few hours before serving. If prepared too far in advance, the grapes may release their juices and become mushy. This will alter the taste and texture of the grape salad.
We’ve reached the end of Easy Grape Salad Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this amazing grape salad. It makes the perfect dish to take your gathering to the next level!
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Please pin this recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest, so you can refer back to it again.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Greek Quinoa Salad
- Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Black Olives
- How to Make Cucumber Salad
- Grandma’s Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw
Printable Recipe Card for How Do You Make Grape Salad with Nutrition Facts
Creamy Grape Salad is one of those recipes you'll keep in your family's recipe box for generations to come. Made with grapes, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and pecans - this recipe will have taste buds dancing in no time.
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cut all the grapes in half. (Whole grapes are a chocking hazard.)
- In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and well-blended.
- Fold in halved grapes into cream cheese mixture. Mix throughly.
- Transfer mixture to a seving bowl and cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle the brown sugar and chopped pecans on top of the grape salad.
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 14mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 31gProtein 2g