The BEST Blue Cheese Dressing is the recipe you’ve been looking for to make your wedge salad taste amazing. It’s also the perfect recipe for a dip for chicken wings, fresh veggies, and it’s so much better than bottled dressings!
I’ve tried lots of different recipes for Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. Most were okay. Nothing great. Until this one.
I found this recipe in the cookbook Cooking for Comfort. Isn’t that perfect? Blue cheese dressing is one of the most delicious comfort foods.
Now, I can’t wait to try the rest of her recipes. This recipe was the first one I tried, and it was a winner out of the gate.
People either love blue cheese or hate it. Since you’re here, you love it. It really is a dreamy cheese.
I called my sister to brag that I had found another perfect recipe. (She loves my recipes so much that she tries to pass them off as her own. You can read more about her sinister side in To-Die-For Meatloaf Recipe.)
By the end of the conversation, my sister had to go because she was craving buffalo wings with this easy blue cheese dressing.
Don’t you hate when you talk on the phone and someone mentions a type of food, and then for the rest of the day, you’re craving it? It happens to me all the time.
This recipe is going to be one of your “famous” ones. The one thing everyone asks you to bring. The best part about this homemade version is its to make.
You might not be a great cook. With this recipe – you don’t have to be. Wedge salad? No problem. Baked chicken wings and blue cheese dip? Easy peasy.
Have you been asked to bring something to a gathering? Simple: put together a vegetable platter with blue cheese dip.
One great recipe in your arsenal can change everyone’s thoughts about your cooking skill level. It’s the simple recipes that are the best.
I don’t have the patience to make complicated dishes, and I’m guessing you don’t either.
This recipe is perfect for you if you’re on a low-carb or keto diet.
I saw a chef interviewed once, and he said that he’s frequently invited to potlucks. The one dish everyone asks him to bring is his Caesar’s salad. He said that he’s known throughout the world – but that’s the recipe everyone wants.
Having a couple of easy recipes to make your own salad dressings is the perfect way to start building meals everyone loves. Homemade dressings are much tastier than the bottled stuff from the grocery store.
This dressing will make the blue cheese fans in your life happy! The secret ingredient in this perfect dressing recipe is the Worcestershire sauce. It adds the right touch to take the recipe from good to great!
“Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.”Helen Hayes
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you you found this creamy blue cheese dressing recipe, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 162,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s the Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
6-8 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles (depends how strong you like the dressing. I used 8. Try the 6 and taste it to see if it’s a strong enough flavor for you.)
Two shakes cayenne pepper
Freshly black ground pepper
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne pepper, and milk until well blended. Stir in the garlic and red wine vinegar.
2) Add the blue cheese and mix well together. Season this easy homemade dressing with freshly ground black pepper.
Tips for making Your Own Blue Cheese Dressing
- In the original recipe, the author had added a heaping 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped toasted walnuts to the dressing. She thought it added a nice crunch. I wanted a regular blue cheese dressing, so I left them out.
- Mincing a fresh garlic clove gave this dressing great flavor. Try it. You won’t be disappointed.
- Mix the dressing more if you want a more creamy dressing.
- You can use hot sauce instead of cayenne pepper.
- In a pinch, you can use garlic powder instead of minced garlic. Fresh garlic is always best.
- You can substitute plain Greek yogurt or plain yogurt for sour cream.
- Blue cheese dressing makes the perfect dip for hot wings, buffalo cauliflower, or your other favorite veggies.
- You can also use a food processor instead of whisking together the dressing.
- Apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar can replace red wine vinegar.
- A little bit of milk can be added if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- You can replace regular mayonnaise with light mayo to save on calories.
- If you feel this wonderful dressing needs more seasoning, add some kosher salt to taste.
- I dip my grilled steak in this chunky blue cheese salad dressing. It’s so good!
- Use a good blue cheese for the best flavor.
How long does Steakhouse Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe last in the refrigerator?
While I don’t think this salad dressing will last long in any household, it will keep for 5-7 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
We’ve reached the end of Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing. I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this popular salad recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Pin this Blue Cheese Salad Dressing Recipe above on your salad board on Pinterest to refer back to it again. It’s a popular salad dressing you’ll love!
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so happy you found us.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Rustic Bread Salad with Tomatoes
- Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- The Best Creamy Grape Salad Recipe
- How to Make Cucumber Salad
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Watermelon Feta and Black Olive Salad
- Mandarin Orange Salad and Raspberry Vinaigrette
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- The Best Salad Toppings Ideas!
- Different Types of Lettuce + Benefits
Printable Recipe Card for Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing with Nutritional Information
Low Carb Blue Cheese Salad Dressing is the recipe you've been looking for to make your salad taste amazing.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Two shakes cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and milk until well blended. Stir in the garlic and red wine vinegar.
- Add the blue cheese to the bowl and mix well. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
1. In the original recipe, the author had added a heaping 1/4 cup of coarsly chopped toasted walnuts to the recipe. She thought it added a nice crunch. I wanted regular blue cheese dressing, so I left them out.
2. Mincing a fresh garlic clove gave this dressing great flavor. Try it. You won't be disappointed.
3. Mix the dressing more if you want a more creamy dressing.
4. You can use hot sauce instead of cayenne pepper.
5. In a pinch, you can use garlic powder instead of minced garlic. Fresh garlic is always best though.
6. You can substitute plain Greek yogurt for sour cream in this recipe.
7, Blue cheese dip makes the perfect dip for hot wings, buffalo cauliflower, or your other favorite veggies.
8. You can also use a food processor instead of whisking the ingredients together.
9. Apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar can be used instead of red wine vinegar.
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 34mgSodium 318mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 0gSugar 25gProtein 6g