Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing is the recipe you’ve been looking for to make your salad taste amazing. It’s also the perfect recipe for a dip.
“Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.” – Helen Hayes
I’ve tried lots of different recipes for Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. Most were okay. Nothing great. Until this one.
I found this recipe in the cookbook Cooking for Comfort. Isn’t that perfect? I think blue cheese dressing is one of the most scrumptious comfort foods.
Now I can’t wait to try the rest of her recipes. This was the first one I tried, and it was a winner out of the gate.
People either love blue cheese or they hate it. Since you’re here, I would say you love it. It really is a dreamy cheese. I have a blue cheese appetizer recipe that’s the bomb. I haven’t put it up on the blog yet, but I will soon.
I called my sister to brag that I found another perfect recipe. (She loves my recipes so much that she tries to pass them off as her own. You can read more about her sinister side in The Most Delicious Meatloaf Recipe Ever.)
By the end of the conversation, my sister had to go because she was craving chicken wings with this easy blue cheese dressing.
Don’t you hate when you talk on the phone and someone mentions some type of food and then for the rest of the day you’re craving it? Happens to me all the time.
This recipe is going to be one of your “famous” ones. The one thing everyone asks you to bring. The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make.
You might not be a great cook. With this recipe – you don’t have to be. Wedge salad? No problem. Baked chicken wings and blue cheese dip? Easy peasy.
Have you been asked to bring something to a gathering? Simple, put together a vegetable platter with blue cheese dip.
One great recipe in your arsenal can change everyone’s thoughts about your cooking skill level. I think it’s the simple recipes that are the best.
I don’t have the patience to make difficult dishes, and I’m guessing you don’t either.
If you’re on a low carb or keto diet, this recipe is perfect for you.
I saw a chef interviewed one time and he said that he’s invited to potlucks all the time. The one dish everyone asks him to bring is his Caesar’s Salad. He said that he’s known throughout the world – but that’s the recipe everyone wants.
That chef I mentioned is Michael Smith. He’s dreamy. And he can cook. If you’re having a bad day, I would suggest you check out one of his cooking videos out on Amazon. Here’s one of his cookbooks.
Creating a Cozy Life Group:
Since you love to cook, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 8,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s the Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe:
Ingredients for Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
6-8 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles (depends how strong you like the dressing. I used 8. Try the 6 and taste it to see if it’s a strong enough flavor for you.)
Two shakes cayenne pepper
Freshly black ground pepper
How to make Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing
1) In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne pepper, and milk until well blended. Stir in the garlic and red wine vinegar.
2) Add the blue cheese and mix well together. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Printable for Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 6-8 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Two shakes cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne pepper, and milk until well blended. Stir in the garlic and red wine vinegar.
- Add the blue cheese to the bowl and mix well. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Tips for making Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing:
1) On the original recipe, the author had added a heaping 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts to the dressing. She thought it added a nice crunch. I wanted just a regular blue cheese dressing, so I left them out.
2) I found that mincing fresh garlic gave this dressing great flavor. Try it, you won’t be disappointed.
3) Mix the dressing more if you want a more creamy dressing.
4) You can use hot sauce instead of the cayenne pepper.
5) In a pinch you can use garlic powder instead of minced garlic, but fresh minced garlic is best.
6) You can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream.
How long does Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing last in the refrigerator?
While I don’t think this salad dressing will last long in any household, it will keep for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
We’ve reached the end of Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing. I hope you enjoyed it.
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss a post. You wouldn’t want to miss other recipes like To-Die-For Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked the recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Pin this recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!