Hot Chocolate with Stevia is the recipe you’ve been looking for if you’re trying to cut down on your sugar intake. Now you get to still enjoy your hot cocoa without worry.
“Because the best gift in life, is just having someone to drink hot chocolate with”
The amazing thing about this recipe is that if you use organic cocoa powder, organic milk and stevia – hot chocolate is actually good for you!
Cocoa is a good source of iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc. Here’s some more information on the benefits of cocoa.
Europeans combined milk with chocolate and sugar in the 18th century, and hot chocolate has been creating warm memories ever since then.
Tips on making Hot Chocolate with Stevia:
1) Never leave the saucepan. Milk can easily burn, so keep your eye on it.
2) Stir often.
3) You can use powdered stevia or liquid stevia. Most of the time I use liquid stevia.
4) The taste of your hot chocolate can easily be upgraded by using flavored liquid stevia. Examples are chocolate liquid stevia, hazelnut liquid stevia, cinnamon vanilla liquid stevia, peppermint liquid stevia, caramel liquid stevia, and coconut liquid stevia.
How to make Homemade Whipped Cream with Stevia:
1 pint whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon white stevia powder or 3-4 drops liquid stevia
1) In a large mixing bowl, add the cream and beat with a whisk or an electric hand-held mixer until it begins to thicken.
2) Sprinkle the powder or add drops over the cream and continue beating the cream until soft peaks form. You don’t want to over-beat the cream.
3) Use immediately or it will keep up to four days in the refrigerator if kept in an airtight container. Yields 2 cups.
I found these recipes for hot chocolate and whipped cream in The Stevia Cookbook years ago and I’ve been making it ever since.
- 8 ounces milk, almond milk or soy milk
- 2 teaspoons organic cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia powder or 3-4 drops of liquid stevia
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Pour hot chocolate in your favorite mug and enjoy!
Please let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe and what you thought.
Thanks for dropping by!