Whipped Chocolate Butter is the perfect recipe to slather on croissants or toast. Take two dreamy things – butter and chocolate and mix them together for a taste of heaven!
Making your own flavored butter is a pretty easy way to jazz up your meals and it only takes minutes to make. It’s important to enjoy life, and this simple recipe will help brighten your day.
I found this recipe in Real Simple Living magazine. It was a teeny tiny recipe, so I was so glad to see it!
This is the perfect recipe to impress guests. It seems like you went to a lot of trouble, but instead it only took you minutes to make.
When you want to treat your loved one to breakfast-in-bed, whipped chocolate butter will be a fun addition to your breakfast tray. You can also use this recipe for special holidays like Valentine’s day and to celebrate the New Year.
“Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.” –
Fun Facts about Chocolate
According to Wikipedia, fermented beverages made out of chocolate date all the way to 450 BC. The chocolate beverage was believed to give people strength.
Cacao trees grew up to 60 feet tall in their natural environment, so it was difficult to harvest the trees initially.
On average, it can take up to 400 beans to make one pound of chocolate.
The cacao bean was used by the Aztecs as currency. I can definitely see why.
National Chocolate Day is celebrated July 7th annually.
Cadbury Company located in England, was the first to make the chocolate bar in 1842.
Milk chocolate was created by Daniel Peter in 1875 in Switzerland. It took him eight years of experimenting before he was able to make the perfect recipe.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for Whipped Chocolate Butter, I’m guessing you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with 122,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, things that leave you in awe, and how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the cozy virtual cottage.
Here’s How to Make Whipped Chocolate Butter
Ingredients for Chocolate Compound Butter
1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter (8 tablespoons butter)
1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
Directions for Making Chocolate Whipped Butter
Beat butter, chocolate chips, cacao powder, and pinch of salt together in a large bowl with an electric mixer at a low speed until completely blended together.
Serve this easy recipe at room temperature. I like to serve butter chocolate on toasted croissants.
Tips on Making Whipped Chocolate Butter
- When melting your semisweet chocolate chips, make sure you use a double boiler, otherwise the chocolate will likely burn.
- I added a few of the semisweet chocolate chips on top of the butter for an elegant presentation. You can also dust the chocolate butter with confectioner’s sugar. I wrote a post on the top Chocolate Quotes You’ll Love, refer to this post for ideas on writing a personalized card on the tray.
- You can add a little vanilla extract for more flavor.
- If you use dark chocolate melted chocolate chips, you may have to add granulated sugar to the recipe.
- Try mixing the ingredients with nut butter instead of regular butter for a healthy twist.
- Use organic chocolate for a more healthy version.
- Chocolate butter makes the perfect spread on toast or croissants with fresh fruit.
- You can also dust this delicious butter with powdered chocolate for a beautiful presentation.
Ideas on How You Can Use Whipped Cocoa Butter
- French toast
- Regular toast
- English muffin
Printable Recipe for Whipped Cacao Butter
Whipped Chocolate Butter is the perfect recipe to slather on croissants or toast. Take two dreamy things and mix them together for a taste of heaven!
- 1/2 cup room-temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup melted semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Beat all ingredients with an electric mixer together until smooth.
- Serve with toast or croissants.
Please let me know in the comments if you tried this cocoa butter recipe and what you thought. I would also love to hear your other favorite types of flavored butters.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Thanks for dropping by!
More Articles About Chocolate You’ll Love
- The Best Chocolate Movies and Documentaries
- Chocolate Lover Quotes You’ll Love
- The Best Chocolate Gifts for Friends and Family
Dessert Recipes that are Amazing