Thai Coconut Tea will have you dreaming of a cozy evening by a roaring fire. This tea takes just minutes to make, but it’s so delicious everyone will be begging you for the recipe.
“I spend my nights just sitting and reading a book and drinking my tea and walking my dog. That’s about as exciting as my life gets.” – Peter Dinklage
If you like hot tea, I’m guessing you also love all things cozy. I just started a new Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life. It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Coconut milk is a good fat that your body will love. Black tea has protective anti-viral spices and the maple syrup in this recipe will deliver 25% of your daily manganese that helps protect you from free radicals.
I found this recipe in Women’s World Magazine. I love finding recipes that are easy and taste great. This recipe fortunately, is one of them.
Here’s the Thai Coconut Tea recipe:
- 1 bag chai tea
- 6 ounces of water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces light coconut milk
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add tea bag, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla to your favorite mug.
- Steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bag.
- Stir in coconut milk.
Tips on making this recipe:
1) If you don’t have an electric tea kettle, you don’t know what you’ve been missing. Once you start using one, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without one. You can find one here.
2) Use coconut milk from a can, not the box-type milks. The milk from boxes don’t mix well with tea and chunks of coconut float to the top. I use this coconut milk.
3) If you’re trying to reduce sugar, you can use a few drops of maple-flavored liquid stevia instead. You can find it here.
I used to be obsessed about coffee, now I love tea instead. Finding fun ways to change-up my daily mugs of tea has been a new passion.
We’ve reached the end of Thai Coconut Tea. Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it.
Make sure you sign up so you get every post delivered to your in-box. You wouldn’t want to miss recipes like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever or articles like Hygge Family Dinner Traditions to Try Tonight.
Thanks for stopping by!