Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib is the best sauce to go with your favorite prime rib recipe, beef tenderloin, or even steak. What is prime rib without horseradish sauce?
Isn’t creamy horseradish sauce dreamy? I crave it all the time. It makes the world a better place to live. A strong statement, I know. But…well deserved.
There are just some things that add such a culinary zip to anything you eat that they really should be marveled at. Creamy horseradish sauce is one of those things.
Not only does prime rib taste amazing with it – but any beef really compliments the flavor. Use this sauce for all your beef sandwiches also.
I have a recipe for the most incredible Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Recipe, and this sauce goes hand-in-hand with it!
Interesting facts about horseradish:
1) Did you know that horseradish is actually a root vegetable that’s used as a spice?
2) Despite being called horseradish, this plant is poisonous to horses.
3) Some ice cream parlors have made horseradish ice cream. Now I love horseradish, but this might be too weird for even me!
4) Grating or grinding the horseradish releases isothiocyanates, which give horseradish it’s heat and flavor, according to justfunfacts.com
5) Cultivating horseradish has been around since ancient times.
What to do with leftover Creamy Horseradish Sauce?
Now, if you have leftover creamy horseradish sauce, I applaud you. You have serious restraint. Here are some ideas on how you can add some flavor to other food you might be cooking.
1) Stir some into your mashed potatoes or baked potatoes.
2) Add some creamy horseradish sauce to your favorite coleslaw recipe.
3) Top your salmon with horseradish sauce before cooking it.
4) Creamy horseradish sauce makes the perfect spread for sandwiches.
5) How about adding some horseradish sauce to your salad dressing?
6) Deviled eggs could use an little extra kick with this tasty sauce.
Creating a Cozy Life Group:
Since you clicked on a post about making homemade horseradish sauce for prime rib, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 30,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here is the Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib Recipe:
Ingredients for the Creamy Horseradish for Prime Rib
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drain
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
How to make Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib
1) Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl.
2) Refrigerate horseradish sauce until chilled, approximately 15 minutes.
Tips for making Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib:
1) Avoid putting your horseradish sauce in a silver dish, the horseradish in the sauce can tarnish the metal.
2) You can substitute lemon juice for apple cider vinegar.
Printable Version of Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib Recipe:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Refrigerate until chilleda
You can adjust the amount of horseradish sauce
How long does Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib last in the refrigerator?
It can last in the refrigerator for up until two weeks when properly stored and covered.
Can you freeze Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib?
Recipes that have dairy in them don’t freeze well. I would advise against freezing the sauce.
We’ve reached the end of Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib. I hope you enjoyed it.
Make sure you subscribe, so you don’t miss a post. You wouldn’t want to miss other recipes like To-Die-For Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked the creamy horseradish sauce for prime rib recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Pin this creamy horseradish sauce for prime rib recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!