Slow Cooker Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Meatballs is the perfect appetizer for any gathering and it couldn’t be simpler to make. Be careful if you bring these meatballs to a party, you probably will have to bring them to every single gathering from now on.
“Cooking is like painting or writing a song. Just as there are only so many notes or colors, there are only so many flavors – it’s how you combine them that sets you apart.” – Wolf Gang Puck
The combination of raspberries and balsamic vinegar makes this recipe a winner. You can make your own homemade meatballs or start with frozen meatballs if you’re short on time. I like to make a large batch of meatballs and keep them in the freezer.
I found this recipe in 100 Best Holiday Appetizers Cookbook years ago and it’s still one of my favorite appetizer recipes.
Here’s the Slow Cooker Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Meatballs recipe:
Slow Cooker Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Meatballs
- 1 bag fully cooked frozen meatballs
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and add frozen meatballs.
- In a saucepan combine raspberry preserves, sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and ginger and cook until preserves are melted. Pour sauce over frozen meatballs in slow cooker.
- Cook for 5 hours on LOW or on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve with toothpicks.
1) You can substitute any other fruit preserves for the raspberry preserves.
2) Fresh ginger is optional.
3) Add more pepper flakes if you like a bit more kick.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
I traded in my slow cooker for an Insta-Pot. If you don’t have one yet, you might want to rethink that decision. This Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, saute, steamer, warmer and sterilizer all in one machine. You can find it here.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it. Make sure you sign up to receive every post in your inbox, you wouldn’t want to miss recipes like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Recipe Ever or To-Die-For Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup.