Slow Cooker Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs is the perfect appetizer for any gathering and it couldn’t be simpler to make.
Be careful if you bring these meatballs to a party, you probably will have to bring them to every single gathering from now on.
The combination of raspberries and balsamic vinegar makes this recipe a winner. Meatballs with jam go hand in hand.
You can make your own homemade meatballs or start with frozen meatballs if you’re short on time. I like to make a large batch of pre-cooked meatballs and keep them in the freezer.
Sometimes the frozen meatballs hold up better than homemade meatballs, so if you’re taking this recipe to a party, it’s better to be safe than sorry. (For frozen pre-cooked meatballs, I like Trader Joe’s best.)
The great thing about this raspberry jam slow cooker recipe is by cooking it in a Crockpot, you’re able to free up your oven or stovetop space for any gathering you may have. I think this recipe makes the best party meatballs.
I found this tasty slow cooker meatballs recipe in 100 Best Holiday Appetizers Cookbook years ago and it’s still one of my favorite appetizer recipes.
Creating a Cozy Life
Since you found this recipe for Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 58,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
“Cooking is like painting or writing a song. Just as there are so many notes or colors, there are only so many flavors – it’s how you combine them that sets you apart.”Wolf Gang Puck
Slow Cooker Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs recipe
Ingredients for the Slow Cooker Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs
2 lb bag fully cooked frozen meatballs
1 cup raspberry preserves
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How do you make Slow Cooker Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs?
1) Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and add frozen meatballs.
2) In a saucepan, combine raspberry preserves, sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and ginger and cook until preserves are melted.
3) Pour sauce over frozen meatballs in slow cooker.
4) Cook for HIGH for 2 – 2 1/2 hours or HIGH for 5 hours. Stir occasionally. Make sure meatballs are completely cooked through.
5) Serve with toothpicks.
- 2 lb bag fully cooked frozen meatballs
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and add frozen meatballs.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberry preserves, sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and ginger and cook until preserves are melted.
- Pour sauce over meatballs in slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 - 2 1/2 hours and LOW for 5 hours. Stir occasionally. Make sure they are completely cooked through.
- Serve with toothpicks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 308Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 50mgSodium 534mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 11g
Tips for making Slow Cooker Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs:
1) You can substitute any other fruit preserves for the raspberry preserves.
2) Fresh ginger in place of ground ginger is optional.
3) Add more pepper flakes if you like a bit more kick.
4) For fun garnish ideas, you can top with chopped chives or sesame seeds.
5) You can also serve these meatballs over white rice for a yummy meal.
How long does Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs last in the refrigerator?
Raspberry balsamic meatballs will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
I traded in my slow cooker for an Insta-Pot. If you don’t have one yet, you might want to rethink that decision. This Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, saute, steamer, warmer and sterilizer all in one machine. You can find it here.
We’ve reached the end of Slow Cooker Raspberry Balsamic Meatballs. I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked the raspberry meatballs recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Pin this recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!
More Beef Recipes You’ll Love
- Best Meatloaf You’ll Ever Try
- Low Carb Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib
- How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup