The Best Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe Ever is going to put an end to your hunt for the best meatloaf recipe in existence. Strong statement, I know. It’s something I can say with confidence.
This classic, moist ground beef meatloaf is delicious with a brown sugar glaze that will leave your taste buds happy. It’s a recipe that you can never get enough of – you’ll be dreaming about this comfort food. There’s never any leftovers.
In our cozy living group, I shared a photograph and story about a possum that broke into a bakery in Australia. He gorged himself on jelly pastries all night.
In the morning he was found in a corner, unable to move. His belly was so round, he lost the ability to get up.
They took a picture of him, and he looked helpless and adorable at the same time – with his face and paws covered in sticky jam.
What does that story have to do with meatloaf? Everything.
You know when you start eating something, and you’re unable to stop – even when you know you’re already full?
This amazing meatloaf recipe is a dish you’re going to have to know that it’s one of those recipes before you get started.
Pace yourself, otherwise there won’t be any leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches.
You don’t have to believe me. Just read all the comments I’ve received over the last couple of years. Then try it yourself.
On my road trip through Montana, we stopped at a bakery cafe that had a meatloaf sandwich as the special. Yummmmmm…comfort food. I just love a recipe for cheesy meatloaf.
The restaurant that we went to had 4 1/2 star Yelp rating – so it seemed so promising.
The meatloaf was dry and bland. What a let-down! This prompted me to crave my recipe for meatloaf because it’s quite frankly…amazing.
Bold statement, I know. But I do have many supporters. When the topic of my meatloaf sandwich came up – my niece and nephew asked my sister why she didn’t make her delicious meatloaf anymore because it was one of their favorite meals.
Yes, you read that right – her meatloaf. My sister is a notorious recipe poacher.
For the rest of the road trip, I got to fantasize about my recipe. As soon as I got home I zipped to the store and my craving was cured.
I realized that the rest of the world didn’t know that there was a brown sugar meatloaf recipe that put all others to shame.
Today I’m giving you my special recipe for meatloaf. That’s right…yummy, juicy and downright delicious meatloaf.
“You can’t go wrong with relatively simple comfort food. It’s also about ease. Some cook to impress. I cook for people to enjoy the food.” Al Roker
How long to cook meatloaf?
It depends how much ground beef you use and how high of oven temperature you bake the meatloaf at. This meatloaf recipe has 2 lbs of ground beef, so it takes between 1 – 1 1/4 hours at 350 degrees.
What’s in the secret meatloaf sauce?
The meatloaf glaze in this recipe has three ingredients: ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Those ingredients makes the best meatloaf topping I think.
How long does meatloaf last in the refrigerator?
If you properly store your cooked meatloaf, it will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Can you freeze meatloaf?
Yes, you can. When properly stored, cooked meatloaf will last 3-4 months in the freezer.
Creating a Cozy Life Group:
Since you found this recipe on the best cheesy meatloaf recipe, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 62,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s How to Make Cheesy Meatloaf
Easy Meatloaf Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup dried minced onion
2/3 cup wheat crackers
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Instructions for How to Make The Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small bowl, mix the three ingredients for the ketchup mix (ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce) together and set aside.
3) In a separate large bowl mix together the beef, eggs, dried onions, crushed wheat crackers, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 of the ketchup mix.
4) Press meat mixture in a loaf pan. (Did you know they have pans designed for draining grease and lifting out the meat easily? Me neither. You can find them here.
5) Put the remaining half of the ketchup mix on top of the meatloaf.
6) Bake the meatloaf at 350 degrees for 1 – 1 1/4 hours.
Here’s Printable Version of How to Make Meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dried minced onions
- 2/3 cup wheat crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the three ingredients for the ketchup mix (ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce) together and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the ground beef, eggs, dried onions, crushed wheat crackers, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and half of the ketchup mix.
- Press the meat mixture in a loaf pan.
- Put the remaining half of the ketchup mix on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
Tips for Making this Easy Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe
Turkey can be substituted for the ground beef and it tastes just as fabulous.
We’ve reached the end of The Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever. I hope you enjoyed it.
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss a post. You wouldn’t want to miss other recipes like To-Die-For Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this Easy Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Pin this recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!