The Best Easy Meatloaf Recipe Ever is going to put an end to your hunt for the best meatloaf recipe in existence. Strong statement, I know. It’s something I can say with confidence.
This classic, moist ground beef meatloaf is delicious with a brown sugar glaze that will leave your taste buds happy. It’s a recipe you can never get enough of – you’ll be dreaming about this comfort food. There are never any leftovers.
In our cozy living group, I shared a photograph and story about a possum that broke into a bakery in Australia. He gorged himself on jelly pastries all night.
In the morning, he was found in a corner, unable to move. His belly was so round he lost the ability to get up.
They took a picture of him, and he looked helpless and adorable simultaneously – with his face and paws covered in sticky jam.
What does that story have to do with meatloaf? Everything.
You know when you start eating something; and cannot stop – even when you know you’re already full?
This juicy meatloaf recipe is a dish you’ll have to know that it’s one of those recipes before you start.
Pace yourself; otherwise, there won’t be any leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches.
You don’t have to believe me. Just read all the comments I’ve received over the last couple of years. Then try it yourself. This perfect balance of savory and sweet will make your taste buds happy.
On my road trip through Montana, we stopped at a bakery cafe that had a meatloaf sandwich as the special. Yummm…comfort food. I love a recipe for cheesy meatloaf.
The restaurant we went to had a 4 1/2 star Yelp rating – so it seemed so promising.
The meatloaf was dry and bland. What a letdown! This prompted me to crave my recipe for meatloaf because it’s, quite frankly…amazing.
Bold statement, I know. But I do have many supporters. When the topic of my meatloaf sandwich came up – my niece and nephew asked my sister why she didn’t make her delicious meatloaf anymore because it was one of their favorite meals.
Yes, you read that right – her meatloaf. My sister is a notorious recipe poacher.
For the rest of the road trip, I fantasized about my recipe. As soon as I got home, I zipped to the store and cured my craving.
I realized that the rest of the world didn’t know there was a brown sugar meatloaf recipe with a such delicious flavor that put all others to shame.
Today I’m giving you my special recipe for classic meatloaf. That’s right…yummy, juicy, and downright delicious meatloaf.
How long to cook this recipe for meatloaf?
It depends on how much ground beef you use and how high of oven temperature you bake the meatloaf. This meatloaf recipe has 2 lbs of ground beef, so it takes between 1 – 1 1/4 hours at 350 degrees.
What’s in the secret meatloaf sauce?
The meatloaf glaze in this recipe has three ingredients: ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. The combined ingredients make the best tangy glaze for meatloaf.
How long does meatloaf last in the refrigerator?
If you properly store your leftover meatloaf, it will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Can you freeze meatloaf?
When properly stored in an airtight container, cooked meatloaf will last 3-4 months in the freezer. Make individual slices before freezing for best results.
Creating a Cozy Life Group:
Since you found this recipe for this traditional meatloaf recipe, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group, Creating a Cozy Life with over 108,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s How to Make The Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup dried minced onion
2/3 cup wheat crackers
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions for Making this Homemade Meatloaf Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small bowl, mix the three ingredients for the ketchup mixture (ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce) together and set aside.
3) In a separate large bowl blend together the ground meat, eggs, dried onions, crushed wheat crackers, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 of the ketchup mix.
4) Press meat mixture in a loaf pan. You can use plastic wrap to form your loaf shape.
5) Put the remaining half of the ketchup mix on top of the meatloaf.
6) Bake the meatloaf at 350 degrees for 1 – 1 1/4 hours.
Tips for Making this Easy Moist Meatloaf Recipe
- Turkey can be substituted for ground beef, which tastes just as fabulous. Adding a combination of ground pork and lean ground beef also tastes delicious.
- You can serve this ultimate comfort food with green beans, mashed potatoes, carrots, or apple sauce for a great meal.
- Check the meatloaf after an hour of cook time.
- You can add garlic powder or onion powder to the meatloaf mix for more flavor.
- Let your meatloaf sit for 10 minutes to ensure clean slices.
- Plain bread crumbs can be substituted for wheat crackers.
We’ve reached the end of The Best Easy Meatloaf Recipe Ever. I hope you enjoyed it.
Tell me in the comments below how you liked this Easy Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
I created a pin for this good meatloaf recipe to add to your favorite Pinterest food board so you can refer back to it.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so happy you found us.
More Cranberry Recipes You’ll Love!
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Cranberry Wild Rice with Caramelized Onions
- Cranberry Relish with Nuts
- Festive Hot Cranberry Tea
- The Best Cranberry Recipes
- Whipped Key Lime Butter
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Old-Fashioned Skillet Ham Steak Recipe
- Beefy Cabbage Soup
- Best Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib
- BBQ Spaghetti Recipe
- The Best Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Perfect Butter Herb Roasted Turkey
Printable Recipe Card of this Great Meatloaf with Nutrition Information
This is one of those perfect recipes you've been searching for, but thought deep, down in your heart that it didn't exist. It does. This is the best meatloaf recipe ever. I pinky swear.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dried minced onions
- 2/3 cup wheat crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the three ingredients for the ketchup mix (ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce) together and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the ground beef, eggs, dried onions, crushed wheat crackers, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and half of the ketchup mix.
- Press the meat mixture in a loaf pan.
- Put the remaining half of the ketchup mix on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.