Low Carb Egg Muffins Using Leftovers is a simple way to use leftovers and turn them into a new meal that your family will love. I hate wasting food, and I’m sure you do too and this recipe is the perfect one to keep money in your pocket.
“I went to a restaurant that serves ‘breakfast at any time’. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.” – Steven Wright
If you like egg muffins, I’m guessing you also love all things cozy. I just started a new Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life. It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
This recipe is brilliant because it uses leftovers as accents to a yummy and healthy breakfast. You can even bake them and take them on the go. What could be easier?
Make sure you pin the picture at the end of the post to your Pinterest board so you can refer back to it again and again.
Here’s the Low Carb Egg Muffins Using Leftovers recipe:
Low Carb Egg Muffins Using Leftovers
- Any leftover diced vegetables you have, such as red peppers, green peppers, onions, peas, zucchini, or tomatoes.
- Herbs and spices such as rosemary, garlic powder, basil leaves minced, oregano, or minced sage. You can also add diced jalapeños to give it a kick.
- Grated leftover cheese like Parmesan, cheddar, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella.
- Diced leftover already cooked meat like bacon, chicken, ham, or beef.
- 2 eggs per muffin.
- 1 tablespoon cream per muffin.
- Butter or olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook your selected vegetables until tender with enough butter or oil to make sure they don’t stick to the pan. Season them with selected spices.
- In the muffin pan, butter each muffin cup.
- Add 2 tablespoons grated cheese in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Add 1/4 cup of sautéed vegetables on top of the grated cheese (less if you prefer more meat.)
- Add leftover meat (at least 2 tablespoons per cup.)
- Beat the eggs with the cream and pour the mixture in each muffin cup. Leave a half-inch at the top of each cup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top off each muffin cup with a little bit more grated cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the egg is cooked and the cheese is browned.
These Low Carb Egg Muffins will keep in the refrigerator for a week. I adapted this recipe from one I found in Mother Earth News.
Did you know they have silicone muffin pan? It makes cooking a whole lot easier. You can find them here.
Now you finally know what to do with those leftover ingredients that would have otherwise gone to waste. I wrote another post called: How to Save Money by Using Leftover Ingredients that you might be interested in.
We’ve reached the end of Low Carb Egg Muffins Using Leftovers. I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know in the comments below what your favorite combination of meat/vegetables and spices you like to use in your egg muffins.
Make sure you sign up so you get every post delivered to your in-box. You wouldn’t want to miss recipes like The Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever or articles like Hygge Family Dinner Traditions to Try Tonight.
Thanks for stopping by!