How to Make the Best Caramelized Onions Recipe will show you how easy it is to make these buttery onions to add to your favorite dishes.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for caramelized onions, I’m guessing you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 93,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cottage.
Here’s How to Make Caramelized Onions
Ingredients for How to Caramelize Onions
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Splash of balsamic vinegar to finish (optional)
Directions for Caramelizing Onions
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the sliced onions and garlic, and toss in the olive oil until coated in oil. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned.
Season the onions with salt and pepper. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar, if using.
Tips for Making Caramelized Onions
- You can substitute any other onion type for the sweet onions.
- Shallots can also be used in this recipe instead of the sweet onions.
This recipe for Caramelized Onions will show you how easy it is to make these buttery onions to your recipes.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Splash balsamic vinegar to finish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onoins and garlic, and toss with the olive oil until coated. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned.
- Season the onions with salt and pepper. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar, if using.
How long does this Caramelized Onion Recipe last in the refrigerator?
The caramelized onions will last up to one week in the refrigerator for up to one week when properly stored in an airtight container.
We’ve reached the end of The Best Caramelized Onions Recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us.