Avocados, tomatoes and cucumbers. Three vegetables I just love. Create a recipe with the three items together in a salad and you have a divine combination. Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad added with homemade red wine vinaigrette and you have pure heaven.
My sister’s neighbor makes this delicious salad and our entire family just can’t get enough of it. My niece calls it “Payton’s famous salad,” even though we all know who she copied it from. The fact that it tastes fabulous and is healthy on top of it, makes this recipe a true winner.
“It’s difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.”Lewis Grizzard
How to Make Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette:
Ingredients for Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
1 English cucumber
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 avocados, peeled and diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Making Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Mix the diced cucumber, avocados, sweet onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
In a jar with a lid, mix the red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and garlic and shake together.
Drizzle dressing over salad until coated and toss.
Sprinkle the fresh dill over the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the diced cucumber, avocados, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a jar with a lid, shake together the red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and garlic.
- Drizzle red wine vinaigrette over the salad until coated and toss.
- Sprinkle the fresh dill over the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips for Making Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- You can substitute fresh dill with basil if you prefer.
- A regular cucumber and be used in place of the English cucumber, but make sure to remove the seeds.
- Cherry tomatoes or diced Roma tomatoes can replace the grape tomatoes.
- Liquid stevia or sugar can be substituted for the honey.
- It is best to let the flavors blend together for about 20 minutes before serving.
Let me know if you prepare it in the comments below and what you thought. This dish is also a great to bring to a potluck. Enjoy!
Fit As A Mama Bear has a Tuna Stuffed Avocados recipe you can find here.