Nothing goes hand-in-hand with a cold winter evening like a comfortable chair, a roaring fire, and an inspiring book. Best Hygge Books to Inspire a Cozy Life will help you pick the next book you want to dive into or help you find that perfect gift for that special someone in your life.
“Books are uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King
Make relaxation a priority this winter by finding new ways to slow down and savor what life has to offer. Hygge (pronounced HUE-gah) is a Danish term that teaches you to embrace comfort and enjoy the simple things life has to offer.
Click on the pictures of the books or titles below for a peek inside of each one.
Here are the Best Hygge Books to Inspire a Cozy Life:
1) Hygge Adult Coloring Book: A Book to Enjoy and Color for a Cozy, Simple, Happy Life by Megan Halsey 128 pages
This sweet adult coloring book was recently published September 2017. Even the cover is adorable. Cozy teapots, snug cottages, and even a cozy chair are all featured and will transport you to a magical world as you decorate the pages.
This cookbook is set to be published January 2, 2108. Each recipe has step-by-step photographs to ensure you create the perfect dish. There’s nothing more hygge than making a hearty home-cooked meal, and this book will help you make a masterpiece every time.
If you want to learn more about Hygge, then you want to learn it from Meik Wiking who is the CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen. This book is perfect for you giving you research data and tips on how to make your world a bit happier.
Look how adorable those felt sheep are! This is a new craft book that will be coming out February 7, 2018. You will be bringing the seasons indoors with this cute array of home-spun ideas. Stitch small treasures made of wool.
This is a lovely book is the perfect combination of recipes and craft projects. The photographs alone make this a book you want to dive into.
6) Scandinavian Baking: Sweet & Savory Cakes and Bakes, for Bright Days and Cozy Nights by Trine Hahnemann 288 pages
You can feel the passion the author has for making homemade treats for family and friends with every recipe. The photographs are stunning and will have you yearning for more time at home to create your own masterpieces.
7) The Hygge Life: Embracing the Nordic Art of Coziness through Recipes, Entertaining, Decorating, Simple Rituals, and Family Traditions by Gunnar Karl Gislason & Jody Eddy 168 pages
8) The Year of Cozy: 125 Recipes, Crafts, and Other Homemade Adventures by Adrianna Adarme 272 pages
Get your cozy on with a wide selection of recipes and ideas to make your world a bit more snuggly. Recipes like Chipotle BBQ Bourbon butter and Salted Pretzel Ice Cream will have you in the kitchen immediately.
Having lived in the United States and the Nordic region, the author compares lifestyles and offers a way to incorporate more the Nordic ideas into our way of living.
11) The Danish Way of Parenting: What the Happiest People in the World Know About Raising Confident, Capable Kids by Jessica Joelle Alexander & Iben Sandahl
Give modern, high-stress parenting the boot and learn how to incorporate Danish principles into your life. With 4 1/2 star rating on Amazon, this might be a book you devour.
12) Lagom: Not Too Little, Not Too Much: The Swedish Art of Living a Balanced Happy Life by Niki Brantmark
If you’re looking to add balance to your life, look no further than this book. The author offers bite-sized actions on how to make subtle changes so you can make room for more happiness.
You can’t go wrong with a cookbook that is filled with recipes such as Creme of White Beans & Celeriac with Chile Oil or Ridiculously Delicious Mud Cake with Homemade Nut Butter.
14) Selina Lake Winter Living: An Inspirational Guide to Styling and Decorating Your Home for Winter by Selina Lake 160 pages
Make your home cozy and comfortable all winter long with these inviting ideas. Selina Lake is a stylist that brings her vintage romantic style to life on the pages.
15) Fireside Feasts & Snow Day Treats: Indulgent Comfort Food Recipes for Winter Eating by Ryland Peters
You had me at Cider Fondue. There’s nothing more hygge than enjoying a delicious meal fireside. This book is an ideal companion for the winter months.
We’ve reached the end of Best Hygge Books to Inspire a Cozy Life. I hope you found a new book that stirs your soul.
These books will help you embrace what winter has to offer and look forward to creating new memories to last a lifetime.
One of my most memorable meals was at a family gathering. The meal was cooked in the fireplace and fairy lights danced in the windows. It doesn’t take much more effort to make a winter day to go from good to great. These books will give you the tools to create that change.
Let me know in the comments below if there is a Hygge book that has become your favorite and why.
Thanks for stopping by.