100+ Hygge Journal Writing Prompts will help get you started on creating that cozy life you crave by digging deeper into your desires.
“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth
Life can be stressful! It’s up to us to change that by creating a cozy lifestyle that reflects the vision of our dreams.
Writing down our thoughts and dreams can help us navigate the direction we strive to go in and understand ourselves on a deeper level.
As silly as this sounds, having the proper pens will help you continue on this journaling habit.
“I don’t journal to ‘be productive.’ I don’t do it to find great ideas or to put down prose I can later publish. The pages aren’t intended for anyone but me. It’s the most cost-effective therapy I’ve ever found.” – Tim Ferriss
Creating a Cozy Life Group:
Since you found this article on hygge journal prompts, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 54,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Why You Should Start a Hygge Journal:
1) A journal keeps your ideas in one place.
Your hygge journal will be a record of your thoughts and plans. You will be able to monitor the birth and progress of your plans, and it will be the roadmap of how you got there.
2) It’s a record of how far you’ve come in life.
Journals are a great source of insight when you look back at your years. They show all the obstacles you faced and how you were able to overcome the challenges.
3) A list of blessings.
We all know we should be more grateful for all the good in our lives.
The hygge journal is the perfect way to keep a record of the blessings that have happened. We can then reference those blessings and give thanks for them.
How to Use Hygge Journal Prompts:
1) If you struggle with sticking to journaling, I would suggest setting a timer and write during that time frame. Start with ten minutes on your timer and see if you would like to continue writing.
2) Carve out the same time to journal every day. The hygge journal prompts will get easier the more consistent you get with journaling.
“Read a thousand books, and your words will flow like a river.” – Lisa See
Here are the 100+ Hygge Journal Writing Prompts:
1) What advice would you give your younger self, knowing what you know now?
2) If your employer gave you a month-long paid sabbatical, what would you do and where would you go?
3) What elements are the most important in designing your dream house?
4) When was the last time you felt in awe of something?
5) What’s your favorite restaurant or coffee house, and what about it makes it so unique?
6) If you could start your dream career, knowing you wouldn’t fail – what would that career look like?
7) What’s your top destination on your bucket list and describe what it is you would like to see and experience there?
8) What simple things make you happy? How are you going to make room in your life for experiencing more of them?
9) How do you express your creativity?
10) When have you felt “in the flow” of life, where whatever you were working on was effortless? What do you think prompted it?
11) What do you think people appreciate about you?
12) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why did that location call your heart?
13) What’s your favorite time in history to read about and why?
14) Think back to your favorite childhood memory. Describe how you felt and what made that memory extraordinary.
15) If you could invent something to make the world a better place, what would you design and what would the ripple effect be of that invention?
16) If you were able to pick your own name, what would you name yourself and do you think it would have changed your life?
17) What was your favorite childhood book? What made it so special?
18) Describe what a perfect day looks like to you.
19) What book author would you most like to invite over for tea, and what questions would you ask him or her?
20) You are in charge of producing a movie. You’re given unlimited funds to hire the best screenwriter, director, actors, and actresses to bring your vision to life. What is your film about and who stars in it?
21) Today you can do anything you want. You wake up, and it’s pouring rain. What does your day look like?
22) You are offered free cooking lessons with your favorite chef. Who would you pick and what would you like to learn from him or her?
23) Name a time when someone was really kind to you. How did you feel? Did it change how you viewed the world?
24) What are you grateful for in your life?
25) What’s the most beautiful song you’ve ever heard?
26) Which season is your favorite, and why?
27) How have you simplified your life? Are there things that you can do that will make it even better?
28) What’s your favorite treat? Are there happy memories associated with it?
29) What does happiness mean to you?
30) If you nurture one of your talents, what gifts would it bring to the world?
“As there are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up the pen to write.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
31) What are your top three ways to unwind and why?
32) What book has changed your life and why?
33) What movie inspired you the most? What changes did you make after viewing it?
34) What is the one dish that you cook the best? Why do you think that is?
35) A life lesson you’ve learned from children is…?
36) What did an older person teach you about aging gracefully?
37) If you were to write a love letter to the world, what would it say?
38) What’s one thing you can subtract from your life to make it better?
39) What’s one thing you can add to your life to make it better?
40) Name some ways you can be a better friend to yourself.
41) What kind of legacy would you like to leave the world?
42) Name something you can do for yourself today that might change your life?
43) What have you done so far this year that you’re most proud of?
44) If you were invited to do a TED talk, what would your topic be and why?
45) What has been your favorite meal, and why?
46) If you could take the time to drive through and explore any state in the United States, what state would you pick and why?
47) What’s your favorite holiday, and what makes it so special?
48) If you were going to create a signature perfume, what fragrances would you blend together?
49) What memory would you want to relive and why?
50) How do you add coziness to your home?
51) What’s one lesson you’ve learned this year?
52) If you received a free week at a cabin in the woods or a cottage on the beach, which would you pick and how would you spend that week?
53) What one dream would you like to come true, and what can you do today to make it happen?
54) What do you miss most about being a child?
55) What’s your favorite feature of your house?
56) Describe how you felt the last time you really looked at the moon.
57) What one sentimental thing is your favorite, and what memories are associated with it?
58) What event in history would you like to be a witness to?
59) If you could have a parade celebrating anything you want, what would the theme of the parade be and what types of floats would be created?
60) What mystery of the world would you like to know the answers to?
“Writing in a journal each day allows you to direct your focus to what you accomplished, what you’re grateful for, and what you’re committed to do better with tomorrow. Thus, you more deeply enjoy your journey each day.” – Hal Elrod
61) What’s the most memorable outfit you wore? Describe it. You can even make a drawing of it in your hygge journal.
62) Name your favorite type of flower for your garden. Why do you think it’s so special?
63) What singer or band (alive or dead) would you like to go see in concert? What song would you like dedicated to you?
64) What does your dream home look like? Describe it in as much detail as possible.
65) Write a letter to your future self one year today. What have you accomplished in that year?
66) You receive a shed for your backyard that you’re able to turn into your own private retreat. What colors do you paint the shed? What other design elements would you add? How would you use your retreat?
67) It’s time to write your memoir. Who plays you in the movie, and why did you pick him or her?
68) What does a peaceful life mean to you?
69) How can you add more happiness to your days? What would have to change?
70) You’re in charge of designing the perfect seven-course meal. What would each course be?
71) Name your favorite self-help guru, and describe why they benefitted your life.
72) How have you stood up for yourself lately?
73) At the end of your life, how would you like to be remembered?
74) What person has loved you the most in your time on earth? How did they show it?
75) How is the world a better place because of you?
76) What person would you like to reconnect with? Why haven’t you?
77) How do you include gratefulness in your days?
78) What do you know for sure?
79) What are two things most people don’t know about you?
80) What inspires you?
81) What bad habit are you going to give up today? How will not doing it change your life?
82) How have you become more environmentally friendly? What else can you do that can help the planet?
83) You are asked to teach a class on creating a life you love. What thoughts do you share with your students?
84) Tomorrow starts a new chapter of your life in your hygge journal. How does it begin?
85) Imagine the best version of yourself. What does that look like?
86) What rules have you broken that have been worth it?
87) How can you have a more profound experience on earth?
88) What event that almost broke you, turned out to be a blessing in disguise?
89) What makes you shine?
90) How do you pamper yourself? Where are some other things you can do to give yourself more love?
91) Are you the type of friend to yourself that always has your back? If not, why?
92) How does being out in nature make you feel?
93) Put together your 10 Rules of Life.
94) What do you need to give yourself to improve your life drastically?
95) What has been your most significant risk so far, and how did that affect the outcome of your life?
96) What dream still whispers in your ear that you have thus far, ignored?
97) If you were doing to die tomorrow, how would you spend your last day?
98) Name 50 things you’re grateful for.
99) You get to erase a mistake you made. What was that mistake? Revise the outcome.
100) What would your life look like if you didn’t care what others thought?
101) Write a love letter to yourself in your hygge journal.
102) What does the word “soulful” mean to you?
“Journal writing, when it becomes a ritual for transformation, is not only life-changing but life-expanding.” – Jen Williamson
Here are some Hygge Journal Writing Prompts words to write about:
Hygge Words A-C
aroma, autumn, bedtime, blanket, bliss, bouquet, bubbles, bubbly, bunny, butterscotch, calm, cake, candle, caramel, cardigan, cherish, cherished, chocolate, cocoa, comfortable, comfy, contented, cottage, cozy, cream, crescendo, cuddly
Hygge Words D-F
darling, divine, earth, earthy, enchanted, fall, family, fire, firelight, fireplace, fluffy, forest, fuzzy
Hygge Words G-J
gentle, glow, golden, gooey, grace, grateful, greenery, happy, haven, hearth, heaven, heavenly, holy, home, homemade, jam, jammies, jelly, joy
Hygge Words K-M
kisses, lanterns, lightly, love, loved, lovely, lovingly, lush, magical, mellow, mist, mittens, mood, moon, moonlight
Hygge Words N-P
nature, nest, nesting, nostalgic, nurture, oatmeal, openness, pajamas, pancake, patina, peaceful, pie, plants, poetic, pottery, puffy, pumpkin
Hygge Words Q-S
quiet, rain, raindrops, refreshing, restful, sacred, sanctuary, scrumptious, seaside, serendipity, serene, simply, sleep, slippers, smooch, smooth, snacks, snow, snowfall, snowflake, snug, soft, solitude, soothed, soothing, soup, spice, spiced, spring, stars, starlight, stillness, succulents, summer, tranquil, tree, twinkle, unity
Hygge Words T-V
vibrant, vintage, violets
Hygge Words W-Z
warm, warmth, whimsical, wine, winter, woolen
We’ve reached the end of 100+ Hygge Journal Writing Prompts. I hope these ideas inspired you to create a life you have dreamed about.
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss a post. You wouldn’t want to miss other articles like Hygge Ideas on Ultimate Self-Care
Let me know in the comments below how you liked the 100+ Hygge Journal Writing Prompts post and what your favorite your prompt was.
Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life – Hygge Style Facebook group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Pin this post below on your simple living board on Pinterest to refer back to it again.
Thanks for stopping by!