Egg Parmesan Artichoke Casserole is a recipe that has been perfected over the years at a bed and breakfast located in Florida. It’s made with delicious ingredients like eggs, Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, green chiles, Parmesan cheese, and the star of the recipe – artichoke hearts.
If you’re looking for more breakfast recipes, Egg Muffins Using Leftover Ingredients and The Best Buttermilk Waffles will leave your taste buds happy.
I found this yummy recipe in a bed and breakfast cookbook. This recipe came from the Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast in St. Augustine, Florida. The bed and breakfast owners fine-tuned the recipe until it reached perfection.
When you find a great recipe from a small inn, you know it has stood the test of time. Every day the bed and breakfast gets feedback on their dishes, so they know they have a winner when their guests are happy.
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe on Egg Parmesan Artichoke Casserole, I’m guessing you love all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group with over 71,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, things that leave you in awe, and how to make your life just a little bit more snug. You can join here to be part of the virtual cozy cottage.
Here’s How to Make Egg Parmesan Artichoke Casserole
Ingredients for Egg Artichoke Parmesan Casserole
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic pepper
1 teaspoon baking powder
12 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
2 small cans diced green chiles (4 oz each)
1/2 can artichoke hearts, quartered
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Artichoke Parmesan Egg Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 9″ x 9″ casserole dish with a tablespoon of butter.
In a large bowl, beat eggs for a few minutes.
Add flour, garlic pepper, baking powder, Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, and green chiles to the eggs in the large mixing bowl and combine. Pour into baking dish.
Arrange artichoke hearts on top of the casserole mixture and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the artichoke hearts. Use paper towels to wipe splatters off edge of the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Serve hot or room temperature.
Printable Version of Full Recipe with Nutrition Facts
Egg Parmesan Artichoke Casserole
Egg Parmesan Artichoke Casserole is a recipe that has been perfected over the years from a bed and breakfast in Florida.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 small cans diced green chiles (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9" x 9" casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs for a few minutes.
- Add flour, garlic pepper, baking powder, Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, and green chiles to the eggs and mix together. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Arrange artichoke hearts on top of the casserole mixture and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 322Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 215mgSodium 719mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 23g
Tips for Making Artichoke Parmesan Egg Casserole Recipe
- You can find garlic pepper here on Amazon.
- If you don’t have garlic pepper, you can mix garlic powder and black pepper together to desired ratios.
- You can serve this dish with fresh fruit, ham, bacon, or sausage.
- Artichoke hearts can be found here on Amazon.
- Add other ingredients like chopped red peppers and cauliflower rice to the artichoke mixture.
- Parmesan cheese can be substituted for mozzarella cheese.
- You can use frozen hearts in place of canned artichoke hearts or marinated artichoke hearts. Just make sure you quarter them.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions or minced fresh parsley for color on top of the casserole.
How long does Parmesan Artichoke Egg Casserole last in the refrigerator?
Artichoke Parmesan Egg Casserole can last 3-4 days in the fridge, when properly stored in an airtight container. Just heat the egg casserole the next day, and it will taste just as good as when you first baked it.
Can you freeze Egg Parmesan Artichoke Casserole?
Yes you can. It will last up to three months when properly stored.
This egg breakfast casserole is perfect any time of year. It also makes a perfect side dish for your family dinner.
We’ve reached the end of Egg Parmesan Artichoke Casserole. I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and what you thought.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy you found us!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie Recipe – This easy recipe is a healthy way to start the day.
- 24 Traditional Amish Recipes – So many delicious recipes to pick from the next time you’re craving comfort food.
- Parmesan Butternut Squash Risotto – It is the perfect dish for fall flavors.
- Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks – These cauliflower steaks are flavored with lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest. They are so good!
Monday 9th of January 2023
Hi! I am going to try this recipe, but don't see in the directions what to do with the 1/2 c of flour....thank you.
Saturday 14th of January 2023
It was delicious!! I will be making this often.
Monday 9th of January 2023
Great catch Kari! Thanks for letting me know. I added it to the recipe. Thanks again, Kelly