Yes, you read that right. One of the world’s biggest problems has now been solved – what on earth to do with all that zucchini you have on hand right now? Not only do you have your own garden’s surplus to contend with, but you have those pesky neighbors who like to dump their extra produce on your front porch as a “gift.” You know who you are… The answer to the question is to make something savory with it. Mozzarella, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes go perfectly with zucchini.
“When I pass a flowering zucchini plant in my garden, my heart skips a beat.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
I decided to create a dinner pancake using my endless supply of those gorgeous green vegetables. I’ve had zucchini pancakes every day this week testing different combinations. My assistants (see the About Page) are very happy with this decision since there are no onions and they get to be “taste testers.”
Let’s dive right into the recipe so you can start whittling down your enormous pile of produce…
Savory Zucchini Caprese Pancakes
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, minced
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoon oil for frying
- sour cream for dipping
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil together throughly.
- Heat a skillet on medium and add the oil. When the pan is hot add four pancakes, each approximately 2 tablespoons in size. Flatten each pancake with a spatula. You should be able to cook three to four pancakes each time. Cook each side until each side is browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add more oil to the pan if needed.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
1) You can make numerous variations with this recipe by changing the type of cheese and add-ons.
2) There are recipes online for making Bisquick from scratch.
Here’s all the ingredients, simple…right?
The batter all mixed together…
The finished recipe…dig in!
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will receive more garden ideas, home decor and recipes. New subscribers will receive my MOST requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. Thanks for stopping by!