Savory Zucchini Caprese Pancakes will help you solve one of the world’s biggest problems – what to do with all that extra zucchini you have growing in your garden.
Not only do you have your own garden’s surplus to contend with, but you have those pesky neighbors who like to dump their extra produce on your front porch as a “gift.” You know who you are… The answer to the question is to make something savory with it. Mozzarella, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes go perfectly with zucchini.
I decided to create a dinner pancake using my endless supply of those gorgeous green vegetables. I’ve had zucchini pancakes every day this week testing different combinations. My dogs are very happy with this decision since there are no onions and they get to be “taste testers.”
Let’s dive right into the recipe so you can start whittling down your enormous pile of produce…
Creating a Cozy Life Group
Since you found this recipe for Savory Zucchini Caprese Pancakes, I’m guessing you like all thing cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 67,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Here’s the Recipe for Savory Zucchini Caprese Pancakes
Ingredients for Caprese Zucchini Pancakes
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup Bisquick
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, minced
2 tablespoons pesto
2 tablespoons oil for frying
sour cream for dipping
Directions for Making Savory Zucchini Caprese Pancakes
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil and sour cream together throughly.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and add the oil. When the pan is hot, add four pancakes. Each pancake should be two tablespoons in size. Flatten each pancake with a spatula. Cook each side until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add more oil to the pan if needed.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Savory Zucchini Caprese Pancakes
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, minced
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoon oil for frying
- sour cream for dipping
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil together throughly.
- Heat a skillet on medium and add the oil. When the pan is hot add four pancakes, each approximately 2 tablespoons in size. Flatten each pancake with a spatula. You should be able to cook three to four pancakes each time. Cook each side until each side is browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add more oil to the pan if needed.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Tips for Making Zucchini Caprese Pancakes
1) You can make numerous variations with this recipe by changing the type of cheese and add-ons.
2) There are recipes online for making Bisquick from scratch.
Here’s all the ingredients, simple…right?
The batter all mixed together…
The finished recipe…dig in!
We’ve reached the end of Savory Zucchini Pancakes. I hope you tried them and loved them.
Don’t forget to join the Creating a Cozy Life Group. You’re not going to believe how amazing it is!
Thanks for stopping by!
More Yummy Recipes to Try