21 Kindness Quotes to Inspire a Better World will give you the encouragement to increase your capacity for good today.
“Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
Henry James was eloquently able to sum up the importance of kindness. What if we examined our words and actions to give priority to it?
How would each and every life we come in contact with change? Quotes on kindness and generosity have the power to help heal the world.
Kindness is something we could all use a little more of in our lives. It starts with ourselves. A slight shift in our thinking can start changing the world, step-by-step.
If you would like to get more involved in the Kindness Movement, I wrote a blog post about The Kindness Rock Painting Groups and How to Get Started here.
You never know whose life you can transform by listening and offering your best self to those around you.
These be kind quotes are like a tap on the shoulder from an angel to remind us that we are just here on earth for a short time. What do you want the ripple effect of your life to say about you?
Since you’re reading this post, I’m guessing you like all things cozy living. I created a Facebook group called Creating a Cozy Life with over 6,000 like-minded souls.
It’s a group where we share recipes, pictures of things that leave you in awe, and ideas on how to make your life just a little bit more snug. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin.
Choose kindness quotes for your vision board, to add to your phone as a daily reminder of the good in the world, or add kindness quotes to Pinterest.
One of my friends had a jar filled with random acts of kindness quotes and pulled one out every day. She wanted a reminder of what version of herself she wanted to present to the world.
Here’s the list of Kindness Quotes to Inspire a Better World.
1) “My grandmother told me that every good thing I do helps some human being in the world. I believed her 50 years ago, and I still do.” – Maya Angelou
Here was a grandmother that made sure her children and grandchildren learned her wisdom. Because of that lesson, the world was blessed with Maya Angelou.
Her grandmother would have been proud of what a shining light she became and the impact she had on all those lives she touched.
Quotes about kindness and compassion have a way of reminding us how simple it is to have a positive influence on others.
2) “We ought to do good to others as simply as a horse runs, or a bee makes honey, or a vine bears grapes, season after season without thinking of the grapes it has borne.” – Marcus Aurelius
When kindness becomes second nature to us, it no longer becomes something to strive for – but who we are.
3) “Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster. Your life will never be the same again.” – Og Mandino
Try this piece of advice out for a week and see what type of impact it has on your life.
What type of ideas can you include in your daily routine that can leave the world a little bit more joy-filled?
4) “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others: for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
There’s never been a cosmetic created that equals what kindness does to improve the beauty in others.
5) “Every minute of every hour of every day you are making the world, just as you are making yourself, and you might as well do it with generosity and kindness and style.” – Rebecca Solnit
There is enough ugliness and hate in the world already. Train yourself to rise above the negative forces in life and become a beacon of light.
Words of compassion to the right person at the right time, can change a life.
6) “When you carry out acts of kindness, you get a wonderful feeling inside. It is as though something inside your body responds and says, yes, this is how I ought to feel.” – Harold Kushner
Not only do you impact all those around you, but your acts of goodness changes your life for the better. Try it and see if your confidence and happiness improves.
7) “I realized that social media can be a powerful force for good in the world and that acts of kindness can be scaled globally.” – Amy Jo Martin
Never before in the history of the world have we been able to impact more lives on the scale that we have today.
Commit to only spreading hope, happiness, and goodwill through all your social media channels and know that your reach can have a greater influence then you can even imagine.
8) “I believe in the will. I believe in discipline. I believe in the organization. I believe in the rigor that gives us work. I believe in love as an engine of all things. I believe in the light, believe in God. I believe in kindness.” – Edgar Ramirez
Let kindness be your mission. If you have a clear direction of where you want your life to go, your inner self will have the courage and strength to make it happen.
9) “It is still breathtaking to me to watch people bring love, preciousness, and kindness to their inner world, allowing the light of God to shine through their eyes so that the beauty of their soul can come forth.” – Debbie Ford
Imagine who you could become if you were able to tap into all the goodness that currently exists in you and you’re able to use it inspire others.
10) “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
Every kind deed has unlimited power of the number of lives it touches. It continues to echo, long after the action is completed.
11) “If we’re destroying our trees and destroying our environment and hurting animals and hurting one another and all that stuff, there’s got to be a very powerful energy to fight that. I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Instead of fighting what you don’t want, be a contributor for what you do want.
12) “Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.” – Unknown Author
This is one of my favorite short kindest quotes.
We’ve all been in situations where we should have left words unsaid. Learn to master your emotions and open your heart.
13) “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
Jane Goodall knows a thing or two about kindness and realizing that each of us is a strand on the web of life. Whether you realize it or not, each of your movements has a big impact on the world.
There’s enough ugliness, so let’s commit ourselves to the good instead and be part of the solution instead of the problem.
14) “First and foremost, we need to be the adults we want our children to be. We should watch our own gossiping and anger. We should model the kindness we want to see.” – Brene Brown
Everything we do and see is being watched and sometimes emulated by those around us, especially our children. Make sure you’re setting the right example by taking note of how you handle the bumps and bruises along the journey of life.
15) “Do your little bit of good where you are: it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Karen Duffy
Wouldn’t it be amazing to turn on the news and be overwhelmed with all the goodness that is taking place, instead of what we currently read about? Imagine it and become part of the change.
16) “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Just because you were someone else yesterday, doesn’t mean you can’t choose to be someone different today. If you have the choice of making yourself a better person, why wouldn’t you?
17) “Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Yes, be the reason. Who knows, maybe something you say will end up in someone else’s list of act of kindness quotes?
18) “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
Is the person staring back at you in the mirror everything you want to be? Let the years you’ve lived become teachers to inspire you to be more of what you want to see in others and less of what you don’t want.
19) “It’s important that what thoughts you are feeding into your mind because your thoughts create your belief and experiences. You have positive thoughts, and you have negative ones too. Nurture your mind with positive thoughts: kindness, empathy, compassion, peace, love, joy, humility, generosity, etc. The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Be very mindful of what you choose to open your mind to. Make sure the movies you watch, conversations you engage in and news you read align with where you want to go.
Keep inspirational quotes about kindness on your refrigerator, bulletin board, in your car, and at work so you feed your mind with goodness.
20) “Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.” – Shannon L. Alder
It’s quite amazing that you have the power to carve your name on the hearts of everyone you meet. What a privilege is to live on in the memories of others when they remember you with fondness.
21) “I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you’ll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.” – Neil Gaiman
Make today the birth of a new year of kindness and that you’ll become a soldier of good. Measure your new life a year from now and see how much your life has transformed.
For ideas on creating even more kindness in your life, check out this book Kindness Boomerang: How to Save the World (and Yourself) Through 365 Daily Acts
We have reached the end of 21 Kindness Quotes to Inspire a Better World. I hope these nuggets of wisdom gave you pause and inspired you to become an even better person then you are.
Words of compassion have a way of weaving threads of sweetness in our lives. Don’t forget to read quotes on how be kind to yourself too!
Make sure you sign up to receive every post. You wouldn’t want to miss out on other articles like 11 Quotes on Living an Extraordinary Life.
What are some of your favorite being kind quotes? Let me know in the notes below.
Don’t worry; I will never sell or give out your email address to anyone…not ever. (That wouldn’t be very kind of me, now would it?)
Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you!