When looking at your yard, it can be difficult to decide what you would like to do to transform the area into your own gardening slice of heaven. I put together creative garden ideas from a recent garden tour that can help you .
“Every time I imagine a garden in an architectural setting, it turns into a magical place. I think of gardens I have seen, that I believe I have seen, that I long to see, surrounded by simple walls, columns, arcades or the facades of buildings – sheltered places of great intimacy where I want to stay for a long time.” – Peter Zumthor
Whether you turn your grounds into a food source, leave it a natural forest or create a serene space filled with outside sitting areas and gorgeous flowers; it’s important to have a wonderful environment. Nature makes us happy. Really happy. When you need to cocoon from the world, finding beautiful places to relax is the perfect way to rejuvenate.
Your garden can be transformed into your own oasis away from the world. It can also be the perfect place to entertain. Whether you have a small space or a large one, creating a haven for yourself and friends and family is easy when you know where to begin.
Here are 15 Creative Garden Ideas to get you started:
1) Sundial as a Focal Point. Look at how gorgeous this sundial is surrounded by flowers and plants. There is a reason why sundials have remained a standard in gardens throughout the years.
Here’s a nice sundial to steal the look:
2) Showcase a Part of Your Yard. Take a part of the yard and make it the centerpiece of your garden. This home owner took advantage of a hill by layering trees with tall flowers and plants. Your eye is drawn to the variety of foliage.
3) Fruit Fence. Adding an apple tree that was grafted into a fence is a great way to section off parts of your garden. Not only does it make a great fence, but you can relax in one of your chairs and enjoy the fruits of your labor by munching on one of your apples.
This book is considered the resource for backyard orchardists. Click on the picture to find out more.
4) A Special Nook. Create a special place in your garden for just you. This nook even works for chilly evenings because of the outdoor fire pit.
Of course I like the one with the rustic elements:
5) Secluded Hideaway. If you decided to add a gazebo to your property, surround it with plants for a special retreat from the outside world.
6) Add a Touch of Whimsy. Gardens don’t have to be so serious. Add a touch of fun as an element of surprise.
When you love to have bats just “hanging around.”
7) Unique Planters. Take an old window pane and transform it into a planter…
8) Reuse & Recycle. Look at how adorable this potting table is made out of old cast-offs:
This is a fun book to teach you how to build your own outdoor furniture. Peak inside the book to see all the projects.
9) Wave of Color. Create a gorgeous walkway by using the same plant in different colors. The owner of this garden used heather to achieve the look.
10) Add a Pop of Color. Use different colors that go well together to create a bold statement.
Here’s where you can buy a similar chair:
11) Dress Up an Entrance. Create a welcoming entrance into your outdoor studio or other retreat with flowers and lanterns.
Outdoor lanterns make every garden more beautiful. There are several different styles to pick from.
12) Cement Statues Add Character. There is a reason cement statues dot all the important gardens throughout the world. They will never go out of style.
Isn’t this cement puppy just the cutest?
13) Simplicity Always Works. The simple placement of a colored pot among matching foliage make such a beautiful look
14) Create Separate “Rooms.” Landscape screens let you section off parts of your garden for privacy.
These large garden dividers are a good value and offer free shipping:
15) Make a Wish. Creating a wishing well might be a lot of work, but it looks stunning!
Thanks for taking the tour…don’t forget to pick a dahlia on your way out…
That completes all 15 Creative Garden Ideas You Can Steal. I hope you found something you can use to make your garden the best this year. If you liked the post, please share on social media. Thanks for stopping by.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will receive more garden ideas, home decor and recipes. New subscribers will receive my MOST requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce.