You have to bring an appetizer to a party, and you don’t want to bring the same old thing. Don’t worry, this recipe has you covered. Yummy Pesto Deviled Eggs are the perfect appetizer to bring because they are easy to make, yet look like you’re a gourmet chef.
“By some people the meal itself is a long delay between the appetizer and the dessert.” – Gertrude Berg
I’m always looking for delicious appetizers, because they are my favorite part of any meal. I found this fun recipe in the cookbook Ladies Home Journal 100 Great Appetizers and Snack Recipes. It’s a vintage cookbook from 1996, so I thought it was time to bring at least one of the recipes back!
Here’s the Yummy Pesto Deviled Eggs Recipe:
Yummy Pesto Deviled Eggs
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- salt (optional)
- pine nuts and basil leaves for garnish
- When boiling eggs, add one tablespoon of vinegar to the pot. This will ensure your eggs are easy to peel.
- Place egg yolks, mayonnaise, basil, Parmesan cheese, butter, pine nuts, garlic and warm water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste mixture and add salt if needed.
- With a spoon, fill egg white halves and garnish with additional basil leaves and pine nuts.
You really can’t get much easier than this recipe. Simple and elegant.
What You’ll Need For This Recipe:
1) Large Pot.
2) Pine Nuts.
Pine nuts can sometimes be difficult to find. You can get them here.
3) Deviled Eggs Transport.
In case you’re taking your deviled eggs somewhere, you’re going have to be able to transport them safely. You can find a carrier here.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you liked it. Make sure you subscribe to make sure you get every post. You wouldn’t want to miss posts like Most Delicious Meatloaf Ever or To-Die-For Hungarian Mushroom Soup.
Thanks for stopping by!