You’re going to love me. Perhaps you might even worship me for this recipe. Not only is this strawberry feta almond salad AMAZING, but it’s healthy too. I know…the perfect combination! By using strawberries to make the dressing, it makes a delicious creamy salad that you will want to use a roll to soak up every drop.
“Blueberries, strawberries and blackberries are true super foods. Naturally sweet and juicy, berries are low in sugar and high in nutrients – they are among the best foods you can eat.” – Joel Fuhrman
I wish that I could credit the person that created the original recipe that I adapted this from, but I’ve had this one forever and I didn’t write down the source. (Sorry…whoever you are – you rock!)
Look at the ingredients of the salad dressing. Yes, yum is right…
Here are those delicious ingredients blended together…
Look at this yummy salad with the creamy strawberry dressing tossed…
Amazing Strawberry Feta Almond Salad
- Place 1 cup of strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- Combine greens and remaining 1 cup of strawberries in a salad bowl.
- Just before serving the salad, toss dressing and sprinkle the top with sliced almonds and feta cheese.
- Season with pepper.
1) You can substitute sliced almonds for chopped pecans, walnuts or pistachios.
2) Try and buy organic strawberries because strawberries are listed on the “dirty dozen” for pesticide residue.
3) Blue cheese can be substituted for feta cheese.
4) Cooked chicken, turkey or salmon can be added to make it a meal.
Please let me know in the comments below if you made the salad and how you liked it. Also, please share this recipe on your Pinterest board if you love it! I really appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by…
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will receive more garden ideas, home decor and recipes. New subscribers will receive my MOST requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce.