This dish is lick-your-plate clean delicious. This side dish looks like a gourmet chef made it, but even if you lack expert cooking skills – this recipe will be a slam-dunk winner. When you start with polenta and then add cheese, well you know it’s going to be yummy. Tomato Blue Cheese Polenta is the perfect side dish for an amazing dinner.
“Life is great. Cheese makes it better.” – Avery Aames, The Long Quiche Goodbye
Here’s the Savory Tomato Blue Cheese Polenta Recipe you’ve been waiting for:
Savory Tomato Blue Cheese Polenta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush baking dish with olive oil.
- Combine 4 cups of water, cornmeal and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until polenta is very thick, whisking constantly, about 3-5 minutes. Add in remaining oil and 1/4 cup basil.
- Transfer polenta to the prepared baking dish, and flatten to even thickness.
- Sprinkle polenta with tomatoes and garlic. Sprinkle evenly with blue cheese, mozzarella, and remaining 1/4 cup basil. Bake about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Cut into wedges or squares.
This is the texture the polenta should be when it’s done:
Here’s the polenta with the basil pressed in the casserole dish:
The polenta is loaded with the tomatoes, cheese and basil. It’s ready to hit the oven:
Here’s my piece…
I use a casserole dish like below. I try not to cook anything in metal – so my baking dishes are all stoneware or ceramic and my frying pans are ceramic. Click the pictures below to find out more information.
Corning Ware Casserole Dish:
Stoneware round pan:
To save burns on your hands and arms…these silicone oven mitts are amazing!
Simple, right? I’m not big into difficult recipes because who on earth has the time? If you like this recipe, please share it on social media. Check out my other recipes below. Subscribe to my newsletter and you will receive my MOST REQUESTED recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. Thank you so much for stopping by!