Sautéed Bell Peppers with Goat Cheese and Capers makes the perfect side dish for dinner that you’ll make again and again. Bell peppers are amazing vegetables that don’t get the press it deserves. I love the sweet bell peppers the most and finding recipes that make them the star of the show are difficult to come by. Look no further.
“I love red bell peppers. Bell peppers in general, really. I like to eat them like apples. They’re so crunchy and delicious.” – Alex Honnold
I came across this recipe in the book Tapas. Who doesn’t love Tapas? This dish is more like a side dish, and I tinkered a bit with the original recipe.
Once I realized how much Vitamin C bell peppers have, I’ve included more in my diet. You can read about how eating foods loaded full of Vitamin C burns more fat and gives you more energy here.
Here’s the Sautéed Bell Peppers with Goat Cheese and Capers recipe:
Sautéed Bell Peppers with Goat Cheese & Capers
- 3 sweet bell peppers (I used a red, orange and yellow pepper) cut into strips
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon capers (drained)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1/8 cup goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the bell pepper strips and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until edges are charred.
- Stir in garlic and capers to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in Sherry vinegar to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
What you will need to make this recipe:
Heavy Skillet: I use ceramic cooking ware because you don’t want to taste metal in your food. You can find a set of ceramic cookware here.
Ceramic Knives: You will need a sharp knife. If you don’t have a set of ceramic knives, you don’t know what you are missing. You can find a set here.
Sherry Vinegar: This can sometimes be hard to find, but you’ll love the flavor. You can find it here.
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe and add it to your family’s meals. Let me know in the comments below how you liked it.
Thanks for stopping by!