Oh, the holidays! From Christmas activities, shopping, cooking and holiday decorating, who has time for self-care? You do. That’s right, it’s time to treat yourself to a little luxury during this holiday season. The perfect way to do this is to create the Ultimate Christmas Bubble Bath for yourself.
“Anyone who thinks heaven is not hot water behind a locked door has forgotten what it means to live.” – Lucy Frank
You’ve been thinking about what makes everyone else happy for far too long. Make an evening date with just yourself. Enlist hubby or a friend to take the kids on an outing and set aside one luxurious hour to enjoy the Ultimate Christmas Bubble Bath.
Here are some of the essentials you’ll need:
1) Bath Rug. Holiday decorations dance merrily throughout your house, but how about in your bathroom? Nothing says Christmas time like snowflakes. Pick out an adorable holiday bath mat to start you on your journey for relaxation.
2) Bubblicious. Now, what Ultimate Christmas Bubble Bath would be complete without the bubbles? The Honest Company has Sweet Orange Vanilla bubbles. The delicious scent of oranges and vanilla combined would make you never want to leave.
3) Stress Down the Drain. How about restoring your skin to pre-holiday glory with a sugar scrub? Pure Body Naturals makes a Brown Sugar Body Scrub & Polish that is the perfect ingredient to smooth skin.
4) Bathe by Candlelight. Indulge yourself with the luxury of soaking in candlelight. Lucky for you Old Factory Candles has a set of three holiday soy candles in a pack, so you don’t have to pick just one. Christmas Tree, Candy Cane and Gingerbread are the three scents you will receive in your pack.
5) Booked for the Night. It’s time to dust off that book you’ve meant to read and take the time now to dive in. Into romance novels? How about “Because I’m Watching” by Christina Dodd? “First Star I See Tonight” by Susan Elizabeth Phillips looks interesting. Are thrillers more your thing? John Grisham’s latest novel was recently released called the “The Whistler.” “The Woman in Cabin 10” looks like a promising thriller and the critics agree.
6) Now Lean Back. Pamper your neck and head with a luxurious bath pillow. You should already have one of these ready to use because what good would a bubble bath be without having a soft place to lay your head?
7) Sipping Happiness. One of my favorite teas to sip during the holiday season is Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Holiday Herb Tea. I add a little bit of vanilla creamer and a dash of liquid Stevia, and you have the recipe for pure heaven.
8) Chocoholic. You know those Godiva truffles you stashed in the back of the cupboard until you have a private moment to devour them? It’s time to bring them out and place them on a small silver tray. Now you can enjoy each bite at your leisure.
9) Yummy Towels. You will need something to dry off with. How about cranberry luxurious Turkish towels? You could also pick snowy white thick cotton towels if your prefer.
10) Christmas Robe. Winter is long and well…cold. Make sure you wrap yourself in the most comfortable robe you can find. You deserve it!
Savoring a few moments of free time is just a small thing you can do for yourself. Once you create the perfect backdrop for your holiday oasis, lie back and close your eyes. Think about the true meaning of the season and how you’re going to add those elements into your day-to-day activities.
I hope you make your Ultimate Christmas Bubble Bath an annual holiday tradition. Let me know in the comments below if you made time this year for yourself and how you like to spend it.
If you like this post, please share on social media. Thanks for dropping by.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will receive more garden ideas, home decor and recipes. New subscribers will receive my MOST requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce.