Who doesn’t love scrambled eggs? It’s time to take your recipe to the next level. I crave a creamier texture and I found that adding cream cheese to the mixture creates the perfect recipe. Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs will let you make the perfect scrambled eggs that everyone will love.
“My last meal on Earth? The obvious answer is a plate of my mother’s scrambled eggs.” – Alex Guarnaschelli
While browsing through a Christmas with Southern Living book, I stopped turning pages when I saw this recipe. Cream cheese and eggs, the perfect combination. I couldn’t wait to try them. The taste is like regular scrambled eggs, only with a bit more deliciousness. Add your favorite add-ons to this basic recipe to make it taste even more divine. I decided to add a bit of smoke salmon to make the recipe even more decadent.
Here’s the Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs Recipe:
Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 3 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 1/8 pound smoked salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- minced chives
- Add eggs, half & half, cream cheese, salt & pepper to a blender and blend until frothy. Make sure you scrape down the sides so everything is well blended. Stir in pieces of smoked salmon.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once pan is heated through, reduce to medium low.
- Add blended egg mixture to the pan and cook (without stirring) until it begins to set.
- Use your spatula to scrape the bottom, creating large curds.
- Continue cooking until eggs are cooked through, but are still moist. DO NOT constantly stir, this will break up the eggs too much, but make sure you watch the bottom to make sure it doesn’t brown.
- Sprinkle with minced chives and serve hot.
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
Heavy Skillet: I use ceramic cooking ware because you don’t want to taste metal in your food and it’s a healthy alternative to other pots and pans. You can find a set of ceramic cookware here.
Smoked Salmon: Make sure you always have some smoked salmon on hand in case you get a craving for this delicious recipe. You can find Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon here.
Make sure you don’t stir the mixture too often. Stirring the eggs just a couple of times gently during cooking will produce the larger fluffy curds you crave.
You can add all sorts of delicious add-ons like: toasted pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, chopped fresh tomatoes, etc.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs and how you liked it.
Thanks for stopping by!