Don’t you just love weddings? The only problem with weddings is finding the perfect gift for the bride and groom. If you’re not the type that likes to buy off a gift registry, it makes finding the perfect present even harder. Well, look no further because I put together a list of 11 of the Most Romantic Wedding Gift Ideas Ever. You want the bride and groom to have the most magical life together, and these gift ideas will be sure to get them off to the right start.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
Here is the listing of 11 of the Most Romantic Wedding Gift Ideas Ever –
1) Heartfelt Gift
- . Who doesn’t love Le Creuset cookware? Seriously – it has the most amazing pots and pans. Now how is cookware romantic? Did you know that Le Creuset has a Cast Iron 2 Quart casserole dish in the shape of a HEART? Imagine the bride or groom making a recipe in that beautiful pot and remembering his or her wedding every time they nourish themselves.
2) A Lovely Breakfast. A less expensive version of the Le Creuset cookware but still romantic is getting the couple a heart shaped waffle iron. You can wish them a lifetime of romantic breakfasts. Adding a waffle-making cookbook and a bottle of pure maple syrup would top the gift off nicely.
3) Culinary Memories. The next idea is going to have to take a little work on your part, but it will be worth it in the end. You could give the bride and groom their collection of cookbooks that are the favorites of their family and friends. Choose the couples that have a happy marriage and ask what their favorite cookbook is. You can also ask what their favorite recipe in the book is and any memory associated with making it. Favorite cookbooks from couples that are no longer there to celebrate would also be a romantic gesture. Did the bride’s grandmother have a well-used cookbook? Get her a new copy. You then pick a cookbook that you think they might like that they already don’t have to top off your stack of books.
4) Milestone Celebrations. Buy the couple a case of their favorite type of wine and put a label on each bottle. One bottle could be labeled to open on their first anniversary. Another bottle could be designated to celebrate a job promotion. How about one for his first birthday as a married man? Another bottle is the one they open after having the first fight of marriage. A bottle could be for the first dinner party thrown together as a married couple. Your case of wine is a gift that will remind the couple of your thoughtfulness long after the wrapping paper is discarded.
5) Star Gazing. Ok, this one is a bit cheesy, but I think you might like it. What is more romantic than gazing up into a night sky? A telescope would make a perfect gift…with a note that says, “May you always see stars together.”
6) Perfect Picnics. A gorgeous picnic basket complete with all the dishes is a wonderful way to let the couple know you value a romantic future for them. Picnics are a great way to spend some time together and go exploring surrounding areas.
7) Love Letters. How about getting a nice pair of his and her pens and some beautiful stationery so they can spend a lifetime writing beautiful love letters to each other? A love letter kit is a perfect gift for that passionate couple on your list.
8) Holiday Magic. While most registries include items for the home, most bride and grooms forget about the holidays. How about getting them a gift to represent each holiday for the first year of marriage? The New Year’s gift could be a top hat with two crystal glasses to ring in the New Year. For Valentine’s Day, you could get them a heart-shaped pan to make a yummy cake. A flag to hang outside their house on 4th of July would be a fun idea. You can’t go wrong with crystal turkey cranberry jar would make a perfect gift for Thanksgiving. A special ornament for their tree would make the perfect gift to celebrate Christmas. It might be fun as the years go by to send an anniversary gift each year and mark one of the more unusual holidays.
9) Fireside Evening. Nothing says romance like a night in enjoying the warmth of a fireplace. You could buy them a popcorn popper to make over a fire. How about a fondue set along with a champagne bucket with a bottle of champagne? A romantic board game would make a nice addition. Topping the gift off with fire starters would make an excellent touch.
10) Stitched Together. Now that the couple has decided to commit to a life together, what could be more sentimental than commissioning a quilt to be made (or making one if you have the skills) made from clothing items from all family members? The quilt could be themed a certain color or you can create the patchwork look by mixing and matching patterns and colors. You could also add items from family members that are no longer here as a sentimental touch.
11) Love Grows Here. Who doesn’t love flowers? A beautiful reminder of the couple’s wedding would be to plant hundreds of tulip bulbs in their garden beds. Every year when the flowers bloom, it will be a reminder of the thoughtful present you gave them. You could either plant the bulbs yourself or put them all in a basket, along with a garden trowel and gloves. Pink and white tulips would be gorgeous together.
That completes the 11 Most Romantic Gift Ideas Ever list. I hope you found something perfect to give your loved ones to celebrate one of the most important days of their lives.
Is there a creative gift they you have given that didn’t make the list? If so, I would love to hear in the comments below.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will receive more garden ideas, home decor and recipes. New subscribers will receive my MOST requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce.