Getting out the door in time for work and at the same time feeding yourself with something nourishing can be difficult. Since giving up my daily espresso latte habit, I’ve had to create my own recipes at home. This Cinnamon Apple Tea Latte satisfies my craving for my daily latte and gives my day a sweet start. It’s an easy recipe features healthy ingredients, so you’re doing something good for yourself.
“I can’t tell you enough about cinnamon. Cinnamon is an awesome spice to use and it goes great with something like apples in the morning or in a mixture of fruit or in your oatmeal or even in your cereal.” – Emeril Bagasse
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will get more recipes, garden ideas and home tips. New subscribers will receive my most requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. It really is that yummy!
1) Don’t discard your cooked apple! I usually add it to my oatmeal with it for a yummy topping.
2) You could always add water to the pan for a thinner consistency.
3) If you prefer a stronger tea flavor, add another tea bag.
4) Experiment with different sweeteners and milks until you get to your perfect tasting latte!
Here’s your recipe for Cinnamon Apple Tea Latte for one:
Cinnamon Apple Tea Latte
- 2 cups of any type of milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 black tea bag (I used English Breakfast)
- 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
- 1 TBSP honey or a few drops of liquid stevia
- Heat milk, tea bag, chopped apple and honey in saucepan until tea bag is steeped, approximately 6 minutes.
- When milk reaches desired temperature, run liquid through a sieve and pour into your mug.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Fast, easy and a great way to start your morning. If you tried this recipe, let me know in the comments below how you liked it. Thanks for stopping by!