When you’re looking for something for dinner and you have to make it quick – look no further than this dish. Kids absolutely love it too – so you don’t have to worry about picky eaters. I grew up with eating this for dinner and I still love it. Once you try this lip-licking Old-Fashioned Country Ham Steak recipe, it will be one of your dishes that your children will never forget.
“I believe everything is energy. I believe that the meal you serve yourself, you prepare, is energy. And if you serve it to your family, it’s your gift of energy to them.” – Maya Angelou
1) You can use Prepared mustard instead of Dijon.
2) It’s great paired with green beans and mashed potatoes.
Here’s the super-simple Old-Fashioned Country Ham Steak Recipe:
Old-Fashioned Country Ham Steak
- 1 pound ham slice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in skillet and add ham, cooking until brown on both sides approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove ham steak from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients; water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika to the pan and cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately five minutes.
- Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook approximately five more minutes with caramelized glaze.
- Serve hot and expect rave reviews!
Please let me know in the comments below if you made the recipe and how you liked it! Make sure you sign up to receive new posts. Everyone that does will receive my most requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. This recipe is truly one-of-a-kind!
If you liked this post, please share on social media. Thanks for stopping by!