Do you remember summers when you were a child and you couldn’t wait to get up in the morning to start your day full of adventure? There were trees to be climbed, bikes to be ridden and forts to build. Now getting up with that pep in your step can be a bit more difficult. It’s time to bring positive Morning Rituals back into your life and Start a Happy Day.
“Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” – Prince
Here are eleven ways to infuse a bit of fairy dust back into your day and start a happy day:
1) Visualize Your Day. Give yourself an extra five minutes in bed and really imagine how you would like your day to go. View the day from your higher self and picture yourself really getting the most out of every hour. Day after day, your days will start lining up with your vision.
2) Evoke all Your Senses. Make sure you use all five of your senses before driving off to work or doing errands in your car. Touch something soft and luxurious or pet your cat goodbye. Listen to beautiful music or the birds as you’re getting ready. Look for gorgeous blooms in your garden or pick up a piece of fruit and absorb every detail. Taste something decadent like gourmet tea or a single strawberry with homemade whipped cream. Smell your freshly brewed coffee or add a few drops of essential oil to water in a spray bottle and mist your car before taking off on your journey.
3) Surprise your Loved Ones with a Treat. Everyone loves a meaningful small gift. You can put a card on your husband’s visor or sneak a treat in your child’s coat pocket to find later. The anticipation of your loved one finding his or her surprise will brighten your day.
4) Awaken a Happy Memory. Before starting your car each morning, think about a moment in life that made you smile. It could a special moment with one of your children or a compliment recently paid to you. Really visualize your happy memory and then keep that warm thought throughout the day.
5) Inspirational Ideas. Pick an inspirational quote to be your mantra for the day and think about how you can use the wisdom to enhance your life.
6) Give Thanks. Be grateful for the opportunity to experience a fresh new day and give thanks for the opportunities that await you. Magical mornings can be easily achieved when we acknowledge our blessings.
7) Meditate. Spend 10 minutes each morning meditating. You deserve this time to get centered and allow peacefulness to influence your day.
8) Be Creative. Awaken your creative powers first thing in the morning and spend just a few minutes working on a creative project. It can be as simple as writing a paragraph on a story you’ve been working on or finishing a small section of a painting.
9) Love Your Liver. Your liver is one of the hardest working organs in your body. The least you can do for it is to start off the day right with a warm glass of water with lemon. You could also make my favorite Detoxing Homemade Lemon Ginger Tea.
10) Stretch. Before your feet even hit the floor, take the time to stretch every part of your body. This will help improve circulation and increase your energy level. You will feel the effect throughout the day.
11) Vision Board. Hopefully you’ve created a vision board of what you want to see enter your life. I think a vision board is one of the most powerful things you can do to keep your goals a priority. You can create a poster and cut out pictures of the life that awaits you. I created a private Pinterest board and it’s what I look at to get centered on my goals. Spend a little bit of time every morning to review your vision board and hold those goals with you during your busy schedule.
Magical days are attainable with just a few changes to your morning rituals. Let us know in the comments below if you added any of these ideas to your mornings and how your day went.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will receive more garden ideas, home decor and recipes. New subscribers will receive my MOST requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce.
Please share this post if you liked it on social media. Thanks for stopping by.